[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

I went the lazy route and used chromatics, I estimate 3ex worth of them.
few questions and hope I'm not asking something which has been asked before but:

1 - how do you deal with the skill slots needed? I find i have to 'swap out' arctic for another aura to recast it, then back again now and then... not the biggest issue but a pain to be sure sometimes. Do you bother leaving it up/active or just use 2 of the 3 'auras'?

2 - mana. with mind over mana, often i find I'm sucking fumes (Which leads to death) and am unable to even do a shield charge, how do you deal with the mana loss (I have taken to using hybrid flasks for now, since I find at least they give me a 'oh sh!t' button at these times, but feel i'm doing something wrong with my setup)

Only lv 90 atm, but I have managed to obtain most (if not all) the items you have suggested, and have got all but lighting resist capped (its at 72) and chaos is just over 0 (would like more..)

Any advice would be appreciated, feel like I am missing some key element

Otherwise the build is great fun.
"
AtmaDarkwolf wrote:
few questions and hope I'm not asking something which has been asked before but:

1 - how do you deal with the skill slots needed? I find i have to 'swap out' arctic for another aura to recast it, then back again now and then... not the biggest issue but a pain to be sure sometimes. Do you bother leaving it up/active or just use 2 of the 3 'auras'?

2 - mana. with mind over mana, often i find I'm sucking fumes (Which leads to death) and am unable to even do a shield charge, how do you deal with the mana loss (I have taken to using hybrid flasks for now, since I find at least they give me a 'oh sh!t' button at these times, but feel i'm doing something wrong with my setup)

Only lv 90 atm, but I have managed to obtain most (if not all) the items you have suggested, and have got all but lighting resist capped (its at 72) and chaos is just over 0 (would like more..)

Any advice would be appreciated, feel like I am missing some key element

Otherwise the build is great fun.

1. I just cycle through the auras using one slot on my skill bar in order to activate them, the rest of the slots are already filled up with active skills. Unless you die all the time i don't really see an issue with it.

2. If you're having issues using shield charge because of low mana then you must have skipped taking "Weave the arcane" in your ascendancy tree. It makes any movement skill free of resource cost. In addition to this passive skill i personally use one elreon's ring which reduces mana cost of skills by 8; because of this my blight only costs 2 mana and barely ever stops casting.

If you allow people to view your characters (you do that in your account privacy settings) i would be happy to check your character out and possibly give you advice.
Last edited by mehPineapples on Sep 16, 2018, 3:12:42 PM
"
mehPineapples wrote:
"
AtmaDarkwolf wrote:
-snipe for size-

Ok i think its set, I also am pretty sure I do not have the levels (or funds) to craft(I assume u need to craft a ring such as that) but I did check and yes I do believe I had somehow missed that node (I went and did the last ascendancy thing and got 2 more points, it 'seems' to work ok now)

I still find random seemingly one shot deaths now and then (that make no sense, not like it was a boss, usually its just weenie mobs that somehow kill me instantly, all i can figure is its a latency issue and they can sneak in and tag me before the aura 'clicks' - not that I've noticed lag at these times, but its all i can figure) - this is why I have mentioned the multiple aura's / hot keys thing.

Still regardless of my issues, this is one damned fine setup/build, and while I don't yet have the courage to try t10 maps, I think with a few more levels I should be doing ok.

Edit: feel i should note that the current setup u will see is after a thoural re-read of your post and using most of my funds (which included a lucky double drop of exaults) to get a much welcomed headgear and footwear upgrade (before this was using bubonic trail boots and gold rim helmet, both of which were decent, but lacked the 2 'best in slot' possible enchants. Luckily someone was selling of each with decent stats at a fair price, and I got lucky slotting them to ideal color combos - again your guide is very helpful.)
Last edited by AtmaDarkwolf on Sep 17, 2018, 10:02:33 AM
"
AtmaDarkwolf wrote:

2 - mana. with mind over mana, often i find I'm sucking fumes (Which leads to death) and am unable to even do a shield charge, how do you deal with the mana loss (I have taken to using hybrid flasks for now, since I find at least they give me a 'oh sh!t' button at these times, but feel i'm doing something wrong with my setup).

I recognize this problem with mana during levelling, when the degen from Death's Oath hit pretty hard as my chaos resist nor my life and regen were high enough - and I also used a mana flask then - but now I barely feel it. Still, I use two life flasks because I like second chances. =)

I must note, however, that I had to get both the Spreading Rot jewels with the corrupted implicit 1% less mana reserved in order to unlock enough free mana to cast my golem and the Abyssal Cry. Compared to OP's gear I think one or two pieces were lacking the mana prefix, so that's something to consider if you find yourself in the same situation.

So far I think this build is good. I'm brushing T15 maps right now and have defeated Red Elder with no major issue. I'm only at depth 170 or so, but so far no issues there either. I'm worried about Uber Elder though. This build does not have super DPS vs bosses - or maybe I'm just comparing to the OP EleHit build I played in FB league...

The bottom line is that the less DPS your build has - the more time will be spent in every difficult boss encounter - and that puts a lot more pressure on the player to skillfully handle it. I just did Uber Elder for the first two times last league and I thought that fight was really, really hard compared to anything else the game is offering or has offered in the past (except for pre-nerf devourers maybe...). So yeah, I'm not holding my breath for this build to easily handle Uber Elder - but if somebody manages it - do share! =)
"
Kaperesque wrote:
Thank you Bizze, I'll try do that as soon as I get my vorici to 6. He's sitting at 5 because I despise doing his missions.
Also, why does the original poster mention the order? Was he simply incorrect?

I'm fairly certain the OP was describing the order of gems based on available sockets as you keep crafting the chest using Vorici's method (or if you use chromes). I.e. some gems are worthless to put in unless you can also put the Arcane Surge skill gem in as well - and therefore it's better to focus on the gems where each will add DPS to the aura first.
"
Bizze79 wrote:
"
Kaperesque wrote:
Thank you Bizze, I'll try do that as soon as I get my vorici to 6. He's sitting at 5 because I despise doing his missions.
Also, why does the original poster mention the order? Was he simply incorrect?

I'm fairly certain the OP was describing the order of gems based on available sockets as you keep crafting the chest using Vorici's method (or if you use chromes). I.e. some gems are worthless to put in unless you can also put the Arcane Surge skill gem in as well - and therefore it's better to focus on the gems where each will add DPS to the aura first.

I got my vorici to 6, bought a max roll death's oath, and got it to the right colors! I really appreciate the help. You saved me at least 2 ex with that bit of know-how. Took me like 8 tries to get the 5th color right, but I paid less than half what I was prepared to for this damn chest. Thanks again!
You are very welcome! Despite playing since open beta I learned about this method only a couple of leagues ago... I haven't really played that many off-color builds before though. =)
Found a Heretic's veil today, and was wondering if it could be worked into the build (to drop the blasphemy gem and get an extra slot) since its lv22 and has 12% less mana reservation on it(Also gives +1 to level of curse gems)
Wasn't able to play for a while, but hit 90 and this build is still very smooth. Blight destroys bosses, and the aura cleans up everything else very quickly. Here's my current setup:

Spoiler

Thanks again for the fun build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info