Here are the details for the revamped Cold Snap Skill!

Last bumped on Jun 17, 2018, 11:28:31 AM
But... Why
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
No gif of it in action? Slightly disappointed, but intrigued at the Frenzy charge mechanic.. Might be interesting. Depends on how usable it ends up being, realistically.
So now it act pretty much like Vortex? I'm not sure about this Cold snap was already cool and different on it's own.
GIF please :(
I'm picturing the overhead slam from the old temple boss/shaper voidspawn guy thing. Where is he at now? The laboratory? I can't keep all this boss movement straight.

I wonder though, will the cooldown bypassing work with trap support cooldown aswell? I somehow feel like it it should, but seeing how it didn't previously, I doubt it :/ would've been an interesting thing to work with.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
From Reddit: "The "Winter's Bounty" jewel will change the frenzy charge cooldown override and inherent frenzy charge generation effect on Cold Snap to both refer to Power Charges instead." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Exile009 on May 22, 2018, 10:31:30 PM
Well, so long Cold Snap.

Swapping charges to frenzy almost guarantees this skill will be forgotten, now. You can always bypass the cooldown by using Trap support. But what's better? Ice Trap, Vortex traps, or Cold Snap traps? I bet it's one of the former two.

Doing this kills the interesting interaction between Cold Snap and Romia's Banquet that allowed you to make a viable self-caster. Now it is impossible. How are you going to maintain frenzy charges against bosses? Will we see Cold Snap raiders in the future?

It was a good 5 year run, old bean.
Bring back race seasons.
I think a dot is really out of place on this skill.

The chance to freeze and thus shatter was one of key features I always saw this as, even used it with cws elemental proliferation on some CI builds as defence before.

Could have renamed this skill and made a new gem instead!

On a side note it can also be a new frenzy charge generator utility skill since it just says enemy dies while affected by the dot.

3 cold dots now though, vortex, that new trap, and now this. Maybe cold dotting is being pushed as a thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info