Here are the details for the revamped Cold Snap Skill!

Where's the revamped Cold Snap? I don't see it?
(Yes, I do see the opening post, and yes, the image contained therein does load and display for me)
Ok, maybe it was already posted... Anybody thought of cold snap in a poet's pen build that uses frenzy? To me it looks like a very cool interaction...
This one feels SO forced...
Like they are pushing some sort of "rework X amount of skills by Y date so we'd have somehting to show for next press release" plan from their upper management.

Why GGG can't just remove a bunch of un(der)used skills and focus on quality over quantity?
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
I'm not feeling this one, the frenzy interaction seems poor and its damage is too low for having a cooldown/charge interaction, the DoT also feels off.

Making it more like vaal cold snap is the direction i'd have gone in, as that feels great (maybe a secondary explosion on frozen targets?)
I think it has become too complex. I like the original one, and instead Vortex could be changed into a delayed freeze effect gem(e.g. 20% chance to freeze when stay in its area per second).
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
It looks more like a support skill to me. You cast it to add a DoT to enemies and then kill them with your main skill for frenzy charge generation as they don't need to die from the DoT, they only need to be affected by it.

Could support it with Increased AoE and Increased Duration then. Hypothermia will only really help with stacking up on the Chill Effect, Ice Bite will only work for second uses on the same targets.

Really, as a main skill it seems rather useless. Might just throw it into a four link with Frost Bomb, support it with Increased AoE and Increased Duration, then alternate between those two as the situation requires or cooldowns allow. The main skill can then make use from the reliant Chill and Frenzy Charge generation.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
A bit of mixed feeling here..

I tried quite hard to come up with a Cold Snap build a while ago. I really enjoyed making cold skills work because of freeze. (Heck, I even tried theorycrafting some Freezing Mine build because it looked really cool) Cold Snap has an inherent 30% chance to freeze that provided some versatility in building around it, but also a cooldown with power charge bypass trade-off.

The earliest I played Cold Snap consistently is at level 35, where Voll's Protector come in play. I b-lined to all the crit nodes on the tree and wore as many crit items as I could. I was the glass-est of all cannons, but everything was frozen within a couple casts and exploded after. It was nothing short of satisfaction to look at especially with HoI and Prolif. Bitterdream certainly helped a lot. Consistency ramps up with Inya's Epiphany. Could even use Brinerot Flag in the early stage.

The next consistent way I played was using Romira's. I skipped out on RT so I could pick up EO, as I didn't mind losing the power charges at times. Picked up freeze chances on the tree with freeze chance jewels and Winter Bounty. I traded crit damage with consistency. You simply can't get too far with this build. And Romira's level requirement meant I had to play some other skills for a long while. Nevertheless, freeze is still fun.

Another ways I thought I could play but never got the chance to, is either using Cane of Unravelling or playing as Occultist, with Blood Magic support and a couple Fevered Mind. By pushing the cost of linked Cold Snap to over 200 I could bypass the power charge cooldown, albeit with a high life cost. What I didn't realize, was how expensive Fevered Mind was..

I kinda wish the mechanics of Cold Snap would stay the same with freeze chance. The buff is most certainly welcome. We all know that's the shortcoming of the spell. The DoT feels like it's another Vortex, which is an identity loss with this skill. The frenzy charge bypass of cooldown is alright.. not fantastic, but reconcilable with Winter's Bounty.

If I really wanted to consistently bypassing cooldown with FC, I could just use Tullfall with 2 Powerlessness, or I could go melee Cospri Frenzy CoC Cold Snap. I'm sure there's other ways to do this.

Ice Bite would work even better with Cold Snap, if GGG kept the 30% freeze chance...
Last edited by kyuuichi on May 23, 2018, 1:41:44 PM
"
Like they are pushing some sort of "rework X amount of skills by Y date so we'd have somehting to show for next press release" plan from their upper management.

Why GGG can't just remove a bunch of un(der)used skills and focus on quality over quantity?

It's not like they've been releasing redone skills for a month or anything
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"

It's not like they've been releasing redone skills for a month or anything

They also said before Bestiary that they were focusing then on Ascendancy rework and after that focusing on skill reworks. That time is now. Nothing forced about it.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Description of that skill its like frostbolt + vortex detonation effect in 1 skill.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info