The Corruption Chamber

Looks like a pretty good idea tbh but we won’t know how worth the risk it is until we see all the new and buffed potential implicit the only small issues I have with this is that it further breaches the gap between rmt/streamers who can afford gg items like 150 ex for a 6 Linked belly or qotf with 2 GG implicitls but at the same time I’ve been asking for more chase items for a long time and I think this will help :D the other issue is people who can afford gg gear and play all day will be buying up 6 links and such to corrupt in hopes off a gg item so the price of 6 links and other strong uniques worth corrupting will be at an all time high that’s bad for players that don’t rmt or play all day everyday but otherwise I’m very happy with this change even if it is more rng it’s a high risk high reward rng that is consistent in its odds and that everyone knows the risk off before taking part

I do have a couple questions though
If my item turns into a rare shaper or elder item will it still be corrupted or will it be uncorrupted?
Will items without sockets not such as amulets and rings and kaons have only 3 potential
Outcomes? Since it has no sockets to change or will it just make the item Vaal but have no change?
Will tabula only have 3 possible outcomes?
Will using the altar effect the level required to equip my item? For example if I add 2 Vaal implicit to a tabula or a skin of the loyal or seven-league steps will it require a higher level to equip?
If I turn my item into a elder or shaper rare will the items level to be equipped change?
If I turn my item into an elder or shaper rare will the ilvl change?
Last edited by matty20uk on May 23, 2018, 4:40:32 AM
"
Lyonnel wrote:
No, in all ways (except if it is destroyed) the item will be corrupted.
But, if you're lucky in your unluckiness, you can have a max linked elder/shaper item with good affixes.
They can't be modified (except with some vorici mastercrafts)
At least, there will be exalted shards recipe to use the corrupted elder/shaper items you will obtain.

To be honest I don't like the fact the item may be destroyed. Having no proof of our failure is not enough for me.
I would prefer another bad corruption or just doing nothing.

Just doing nothing is not a punishment of a failed attempt, it would make the vaal bench be only positive expected value and that's op.

I could agree on making it bad, but wouldn't be as fun. Happy with ripping it, at least we won't see as many unchanged corrupted items for sale on poe.trade..
Last edited by WithLoveEarL on May 23, 2018, 4:40:31 AM
Rip Kaoms

:)
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
Praise Tencent!
We failed once, We failed twice, We must fail again!

WE'll b@ng ok?
Totally not excited to be honest. I have to play a lot to reach this chamber to have a chance to corrupt an item. That's even worse than the Talisman league.
Too much of a risk for possible "meh" results.
And yes - we have enough rng with looting and "crafting" as it is.
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
"
Damoochie wrote:
Seems too much risk for not enough reward on expensive gears.

And you won't wanna be wasting your corruptions on trash either because reaching this chamber will likely take lots of time and also be gated behind RNG somehow.

The only valuable usage of this is in making craftable shaper/elder bases.

Still pretty meh.

Ngamahu's Cycloners are laughing right now. Don't give a shit about the links and the axe is cheap as a dog biscuit. Those will be uber vaal'ed every day of the week and twice on tuesday.

I did say expensive gears ie. 6l uniques.

"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
"
Damoochie wrote:

The only valuable usage of this is in making craftable shaper/elder bases.

Do you think they will not be 'corrupted' after turning into an elder/shaper base?

It would be amazing, but too op for GGG imo.

Vendoring 5 x corrupted items yields an uncorrupted base.
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
"
Lyonnel wrote:
I’m so lucky that my tabulas will all have the white sockets mod.

And 20% quality too!
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
This league has not started yet, but I already want to see it in the normal game. Good job so far. :)
The item becoming a Shaper or Elder rare doesn't seem to make much sense?
When the Altar was constructed, the Shaper didn't exist, and the Elder was sealed by Starforge. Presumably, I don't think we know exactly when the latter happened, but it's probably been a good while.
In the current day, they're both roaming the realms of the Atlas. The Shaper doesn't seem like he has any intention to leave (can he even? Not sure). The Elder, we're fighting to, among other things, keep the Elder from entering our realm. While we eventually discover the Decay has managed to enter Valdo Caeserius's chamber in the Templar Laboratory, it has not spread beyond it - nor do we know exactly when this happened, it could have been only very shortly before we opened it.

I understand that you wanted outcomes that went beyond those of a Vaal Orb, but this particular one doesn't seem to fit within the context of the game's lore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info