[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

OP you are the best! Thank you very much for taking your time looking at my profile and the detailed suggestion. I'll definitely tweak my builds later when i get back on my pc. Hope to see more great builds from you.
"
mojohorlick wrote:
@ OP

im still looking at your NON-PoB skill tree.

i get i need the path of the duelist to mimic what you have..

but your skill tree is for lvl 92.. but currently im at 76 without path of the duelist and looks like i am near what you have.. just wondering if the non-PoB skill tree is correct or something is missing?

Your skill tree looks fine, the Non-POB tree is correct.
The only thing Path of the Duelist provides is more efficient pathing; you save 5 skill points going through +10 stat nodes, and instead get to go through the Duelist start for nodes. The difference is:

+40 Str & +10 Int

versus

12% Attack Speed
12% Accuracy Rating
8% Life
12% Armor & Evasion

Plus, you get an extra +2 "free" skill points as Scion, grabbing Path of the Duelist.

Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
"
KooperT wrote:
"
mojohorlick wrote:
@ OP

im still looking at your NON-PoB skill tree.

i get i need the path of the duelist to mimic what you have..

but your skill tree is for lvl 92.. but currently im at 76 without path of the duelist and looks like i am near what you have.. just wondering if the non-PoB skill tree is correct or something is missing?

Your skill tree looks fine, the Non-POB tree is correct.
The only thing Path of the Duelist provides is more efficient pathing; you save 5 skill points going through +10 stat nodes, and instead get to go through the Duelist start for nodes. The difference is:

+40 Str & +10 Int

versus

12% Attack Speed
12% Accuracy Rating
8% Life
12% Armor & Evasion

Plus, you get an extra +2 "free" skill points as Scion, grabbing Path of the Duelist.

ok thanks
What links to use if I used kaoms roots? Only have 1 four link and 2 sockets for tombstone. Only want build as a boss killer
Want to try this build but name lock skills like wild strike can be annoying. Would frost blades work for clear or is it very inferior to wild strike?
Level 91. Shaper and guardians drop like flies with this build. Learning the Uber Elder fight now.

I'm rolling maps with absolutely ridiculous mods and just cruising through face tanking everything. This is definitely the strongest build I've ever played. Kudos KooperT!

Also I just picked up a double Anger Watcher's eye and added 20% more dps! It's not needed in anyway, but I ran out of things to upgrade.

Last edited by greenimp77 on Jun 24, 2018, 5:49:03 PM
@ OP or others...

can you check my character.. what should i get to improve in the short term.

or any suggestions on what to do?

running trials still hurt like mad... no monster to hit to leach or refill flasks
Last edited by mojohorlick on Jun 25, 2018, 9:14:32 AM
"
greenimp77 wrote:
Level 91. Shaper and guardians drop like flies with this build. Learning the Uber Elder fight now.

I'm rolling maps with absolutely ridiculous mods and just cruising through face tanking everything. This is definitely the strongest build I've ever played. Kudos KooperT!

Also I just picked up a double Anger Watcher's eye and added 20% more dps! It's not needed in anyway, but I ran out of things to upgrade.

u ran out of upgrades?
buy 3+ proj ms helmet, 2socket tombfist, socket tombfist with ele weakness corrupt
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by Dafii on Jun 25, 2018, 8:02:00 AM
"
BearFact wrote:
What links to use if I used kaoms roots? Only have 1 four link and 2 sockets for tombstone. Only want build as a boss killer

Depends if you are running Slayer/Jugg or Slayer/Raider for your end-game bossing.
Jugg is stronger and safer overall (especially for maps), IMO, but if you know what you are doing and just want pure-max single target boss DPS, Slayer/Raider will perform better. More speed to dodge stuff, and faster attack speed for more balls.

If Slayer/Raider, you don't need the full CWDT + IC + Inc Duration setup since you have no endurance charges.

I suggest you drop Leap Slam for Ancestral Protector, and drop the Immortal Call + Inc Duration, possibly even CWDT also if you are willing to selfcast golem (i'm lazy, so rather CWDT + Golem.) Having an Unset Ring is also helpful for Blood Rage. You can also drop Blood Magic from Whirling Blades, since you don't really need to spam whirling blades during bosses.

"
Want to try this build but name lock skills like wild strike can be annoying. Would frost blades work for clear or is it very inferior to wild strike?

It could work, but personally, I've played a bunch of Frost Blades builds in the past... and the clear doesn't feel that great without "chaining" projectiles (IE Deadeye or Touch of Anguish claws.) It can definitely clear fine with ancestral call/multistrike, but I did some testing and it simply underperforms in general compared to skills like Reave or Wild Strike.

Besides, Frost Blades is also namelock - not sure why you'd prefer that over Wild Strike? It's irrelevant for either skill anyway, since Ancestral Call/Multistrike takes care of targeting for you.

"
can you check my character.. what should i get to improve in the short term.

or any suggestions on what to do?

running trials still hurt like mad... no monster to hit to leach or refill flasks

1) Fix your flasks. Many players seem to completely neglect their flasks. Flasks are the strongest defensive/offensive component in PoE; each individual flask can do more for you than 1 entire item you have equipped. Drop all quicksilvers, run only 1 life flask, be sure to have armor flasks (Granite/Basalt). Be sure to have a flask of Staunching, Warding, Iron Skin, and a Diamond flask.

2) For Lab / Trials - DROP VAAL PACT. Doing labs without regen is shitty. You really don't need vaal pact for izaro, he's a joke anyway.

Otherwise, your gear looks "ok". Obviously need to improve all jewelry (higher life - IE your necklace only has 30 life). You have a pretty bad blue jewel in your tombfist... you could at least regal it for a 3rd mod. Try to get a good Stygian Vise asap for another free jewel slot.

"

Glad you are enjoying!
I spent 3 leagues working on this build (BSC, Flashback, and Incursion), and I agree it is quite strong for the budget. I've played tons of builds over the past few leagues, and consider myself quite an experienced player - there are a ton of builds out there that may do more DPS, but balancing high DPS/Tankiness is more difficult. I really like Oni-Goroshi, as it's provided an excellent budget league-starter (not having to worry about fusings/6-link in early league is a godsend).

Grats on the double-anger Eye - I'm still only using a single-anger eye!

You probably should have tried for a +3MS helm though, before the eye; it's definitely a MUCH bigger DPS upgrade (single target.) Also as other poster mentioned, a corrupted Tombfist with a Curse on Hit is a good upgrade, but not critical, and nowhere near as potent as the helm enchant.

Also, consider dropping your Quicksilver flask for a Dying Sun. Get used to just using whirling blades/leap slam. The added DPS and survivability (Maximum fire resist) is no joke; you get 4 Icy Waves projectiles (instead of 2, effectively doubling it) from your Wild Strike, and more balls from Molten Strikes. If not for the DPS aspect, it's awesome just from a visual perspective.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 25, 2018, 10:32:54 AM
"
Dafii wrote:

u ran out of upgrades?
buy 3+ proj ms helmet, 2socket tombfist, socket tombfist with ele weakness corrupt

Going to +3 proj on helm would mean redoing half my gear because of how tight res/int is. It's already been a major pain to balance.

I don't see the point in 2 socket tombfist. Maim isn't worth much and I don't really have another skill gem to drop.

And I'm cursing assassins mark with my ring. Even without power charges Mark is providing more dps than ele weakness.
Last edited by greenimp77 on Jun 25, 2018, 11:16:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info