[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

just a question, i see that Iron Grip is not used, dont know if cant use it for some build mechanics, on pob it gives some decent dps
Last edited by Battousay on Jan 5, 2019, 7:14:20 PM
I've been running this build and enjoying it so far. Do you have any suggestions for a 3rd jewel to pick up since wildfire is nerfed? Or perhaps would you recommend spending the passives on other points such as another 15% melee crit multiplier etc
Hello!
I'm with damage and it's flowing, however I noticed that when I'm fighting I never get a full life ... Always about 90 less than max, Do you have any idea what that is? I have not played in a long time and I may have wavered somewhere and I'm missing out on a great gem bonus ...
Last edited by doombringer12 on Jan 8, 2019, 11:08:42 AM
"
Battousay wrote:
just a question, i see that Iron Grip is not used, dont know if cant use it for some build mechanics, on pob it gives some decent dps

Iron Grip is used; it's definitely worth taking for 1 point.

"
I've been running this build and enjoying it so far. Do you have any suggestions for a 3rd jewel to pick up since wildfire is nerfed? Or perhaps would you recommend spending the passives on other points such as another 15% melee crit multiplier etc

I haven't done any theorycrafting since 3.5 but there may be some better optimizing around the Scion start to utilize 2x Might of the Meek + Unnatural Instinct, if you have a very high budget.

Otherwise, just run another rare jewel with %life, flat phys/attack speed etc. or an Abyss jewel with flat life, flat phys etc.

"
I do not know if you can help me, but I do not have anyone else to ask.
In case, I'm doing your build of oni-goroshi scion molten ... It's all beautiful, I'm with damage and it's flowing, however I noticed that when I'm fighting I never get a full life ... Always about 90 less than max, Do you have any idea what that is? I have not played in a long time and I may have wavered somewhere and I'm missing out on a great gem bonus ...

This is normal and the reason you are always slightly under max life is that Blood Rage interraction with overleech. This is nothing to worry about. Blood Rage was changed a few leagues ago so that it can interract with Slayer Overleech, allowing you to always be at "Full Life" while leeching, even though your life may show 99%. You are still gaining full benefit from Damage on Full Life gem.

This is one reason Slayer overleech is so strong. When you proc it with CWDT, Immortal Call and Arakaali ascendancy, you stop taking "damage over time" from Blood Rage, which means you get 50% more life recovery (leech) - while stll gaining full effect of Blood Rage (attack speed, frenzy charges) and still "Full Life" damage bonus.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 8, 2019, 11:07:51 AM
This is a nice build! Got Uber Elder down for the first time! And a second time a few minutes ago. Clearly I went Molten Strike for the single target dps. I replaced Herald of Ash with Purity of Ice and still had pretty good dps. It took me 3 portals mainly because I was too slow to react to some of the Shaper slams.

For clearing I used Molten Strike with Ancestral Call for a long time. It's not the best and sometimes rippy since the projectiles take some time to hit - aka delayed leech. I started using a Wild Strike gem swap to test it out and it's really good. Single target sucks with it, but I suppose that's expected given the skill itself and my build built towards Molten Strike.

Anyways thanks for this great build!

My characters are public for anyone that wants to see. Though beware I swap gear/gems sometimes.
"
Bignasty30 wrote:
This is a nice build! Got Uber Elder down for the first time! And a second time a few minutes ago. Clearly I went Molten Strike for the single target dps. I replaced Herald of Ash with Purity of Ice and still had pretty good dps. It took me 3 portals mainly because I was too slow to react to some of the Shaper slams.

For clearing I used Molten Strike with Ancestral Call for a long time. It's not the best and sometimes rippy since the projectiles take some time to hit - aka delayed leech. I started using a Wild Strike gem swap to test it out and it's really good. Single target sucks with it, but I suppose that's expected given the skill itself and my build built towards Molten Strike.

Anyways thanks for this great build!

My characters are public for anyone that wants to see. Though beware I swap gear/gems sometimes.

Glad you are enjoying but... I think you missed the primary aspect of my build, in that you are supposed to be using TWO Oni-Goroshi's.

You use Molten Strike in one, for maximum single target DPS.

Then you use a second for Wild Strike (Or Reave, or whatever AoE skill you enjoy, or even just a second Molten Strike + Ancestral setup).

You can just push X to quickly switch between the two. Clear trash with wild strike, when you get to boss (or a tanky rare), switch to molten strike.

Take advantage of that weapon swap! It's a benefit of using a 6-Link 2H weapon over a 6-L chestpiece; it's easier to push X than swap out gems or a full chestpiece.
Divine Ire Trickster:
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 14, 2019, 1:13:23 PM
"
KooperT wrote:

Glad you are enjoying but... I think you missed the primary aspect of my build, in that you are supposed to be using TWO Oni-Goroshi's.

You use Molten Strike in one, for maximum single target DPS.

Then you use a second for Wild Strike (Or Reave, or whatever AoE skill you enjoy, or even just a second Molten Strike + Ancestral setup).

You can just push X to quickly switch between the two. Clear trash with wild strike, when you get to boss (or a tanky rare), switch to molten strike.

Take advantage of that weapon swap! It's a benefit of using a 6-Link 2H weapon over a 6-L chestpiece; it's easier to push X than swap out gems or a full chestpiece.

Yea I adapted it to my goal of killing Uber Elder so I forewent the weapon swap for more currency towards that. Just wanted to share that the build was able to take him down without extremely expensive gear.

I'm saving up for the +2 MS enchant on Starkonja's - that should push my single target more than anything else.

I'll eventually get a second Oni though. For some reason I don't mind gem swapping for bosses that much.
"
I'm saving up for the +2 MS enchant on Starkonja's - that should push my single target more than anything else.

Also I should note for everybody, that Starkonja is a great helm, but if it's too expensive you can run with a regular Rare helm with the +2 enchant and fossil-craft it with Pristine and Scorched.

This is a pretty easy way to get a life helm with -9% Fire Resist to nearby enemies, which is a considerable DPS boost (single target especially) - should be comparable to the lost attack speed/crit from Starkonja, with added benefit you can roll some good resists on it too if lucky.
Divine Ire Trickster:
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 16, 2019, 9:41:29 AM
Hey. If xoph's blood is not yet available, is anger still a better aura to use compared to hatred? And how is fire penetration support gem compared to combustion? thanks
Last edited by iSovRiddiK on Jan 19, 2019, 3:34:53 PM
"
iSovRiddiK wrote:
Hey. If xoph's blood is not yet available, is anger still a better aura to use compared to hatred? And how is fire penetration support gem compared to combustion? thanks

Hatred is probably better as it's flat % more damage. Best to check with PoB.

Fire Penetration is good. Combustion is better though which is why it's in our main link. However, if you are willing to somehow proc it elsewhere, you can run Fire Penetration instead.

For example maybe put Combustion on your Ancestral Protector, or run a CWDT + Armageddon Brand + Combustion setup. But we are pretty link-starved already so this might be hard.
Divine Ire Trickster:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info