"Tencent will ruin PoE" is a self-fulfilling prophecy

"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/omgtsn/sad-pedal?in=vikingstill/sets/fuck

I still can't get over the tragedy how Tencent ruined my old favorite indie game League of Legends back in 2011. Every day I close my eyes and vision how it would be if I could still play this game but this fantasy is shattered quick as I always start hysterically crying.

How did they ruin lol? I used to play a lot before russian servers got split from other servers,i was even in beta test.
I do not see how could they add something p2w.

The game had so many players back in 2011 but now the game doesn't exist anymore : /
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
OP is right. People will stop supporting because the direction of the game is more uncertain now and because now it feels like giving money to this huge soulless corporation instead to a "small indie company".

I think GGG needs to come out with a clear roadmap for the game (at least for a year in advance), if they want to still pursue this "donation" model.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/omgtsn/sad-pedal?in=vikingstill/sets/fuck

I still can't get over the tragedy how Tencent ruined my old favorite indie game League of Legends back in 2011. Every day I close my eyes and vision how it would be if I could still play this game but this fantasy is shattered quick as I always start hysterically crying.

How did they ruin lol? I used to play a lot before russian servers got split from other servers,i was even in beta test.
I do not see how could they add something p2w.

Its obvious he is being sarcastic.
Yeah you shouldnt mess with neckbeards and proud virgin gamers with lots of money.
Also Tencent hasnt ruined any of the games i played .
That being said i dont really give a crap about GGG or personality's there like most of the ppl who cry so much about this change.I care about PRODUCT and perks i get by giving them my money.
GGG stopped being indie company long time ago folks.Game with 2+ million players isnt Indie,thats like calling blizz a indie company only in this case ppl are serious
Last edited by jan1ss19 on May 21, 2018, 8:41:19 AM
"
jan1ss19 wrote:
Yeah you shouldnt mess with neckbeards and proud virgin gamers with lots of money.
Also Tencent hasnt ruined any of the games i played .
That being said i dont really give a crap about GGG or personality's there like most of the ppl who cry so much about this change.I care about PRODUCT and perks i get by giving them my money.
GGG stopped being indie company long time ago folks.Game with 2+ million players isnt Indie,thats like calling blizz a indie company only in this case ppl are serious

Yeah, that's how it should be. There are too many uber nerds here who create some imaginary sentimental value for a business( OH MY POOR INDIE COMPANY YOU'VE CHANGED SO MUCH :((((( ). When Runescape got bought by China, almost nobody gave a fuck, they were rather happy that the game got support and has now more space to grow, which it did! Exactly the same story was with League of Legends.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Why ppl think new owner will ruin the gaem? It's just not logical to destroy property you have bought for shitload of money. I think everything will be the same more or less, mb just more misery boxes on holidays.
I won't be buying anymore supporter packs at their current price due to this funding. I supported them due to their Indy status and wanting to help them progress. At the very least they should reduce their mtx prices drastically.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I dunno, am I allowed to still be upset less for a company buying out GGG, and more that it's Tencent, who have done some very shady things regarding privacy with their domestic market?

I know exactly the track record they have with gaming, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to support their endeavors if I can possibly avoid it. I hope that this only benefits GGG in the long run, but it'll sadly have to be without my financial support. For what little that mattered, and will matter for the future.

I just can't justify it, and I'm not sure if it's wrong or petty on my part.
"
jan1ss19 wrote:

If you knew literally anything about business history, you'd know that's a ridiculous comparison.

The original indie company started by Michael Morhaime, Frank Pearce, and Allen Adham in 1991 already stopped existing before Warcraft and Diablo were released. The very name Blizzard Entertainment was formed when Chaos Studies (the second indie-company name of the original company) was wholly acquired by Davidson & Associates, which made them non-indie in a very, very literal sense.

Path of Exile was legally self-owned until now. Chris and Jonathan together had a majority stake in the company, with Erik joining in to make it a slightly larger majority. Sure it had surpassed "startup" status with over 100 employees, but it still clearly had "indie developer" status.

Admittedly, that initial acquisition that led to Blizzard didn't make them "lose their souls", but on the other hand, they hadn't yet made a hit game in the first place, so the idea of selling out was a bit beyond them at the time. The activision buyout later--which Morhaime didn't even have control over because he already didn't own Blizzard--is when Blizzard really lost it. And there goes another important detail: Tencent can now sell this 80% majority share to anyone else, if they so choose to do so. It's now completely out of Chris's hands. And any future owner can give whatever instructions they want to the studio, and the studio literally has to obey or dissolve.

Anyone who isn't paranoid is delusional.
They sold 80, not 10 or 20... 80 d** percent of the company.

"
vio wrote:
tencent bought path of exile cause they expect to earn alot of money with the chinese version.

WRONG! They want nearly everything.

It pisses me off that GGG manage to grown because of how bad Diablo 3 by activion B was and now they are doing the same thing...
Last edited by Exsmigol on May 21, 2018, 9:35:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info