Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

Chris doesnt even play the game, this is the result. There is no justification for this. u just screwed us all over.
chinese company...heh
Congratulations to GGG for the acquisition. You are literally millionaires (or billionaires? could be!!) and you guys deserve that.

This is the strongest punch in the face upon waking of 2018.

Edit: I am glad I have supported more than enough before the acquisition. But I won't pay more since I do not need any more points, 80% to a company not GGG and Chris.Co is enough to stop supporting.
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on May 21, 2018, 12:20:02 AM
"
LucasBacker wrote:

But that's not how it works, Tencent now owns 80% of GGG, they can do whatever they want with it because even if all the other shareholders vote against them, Tencent still possess enough of the company to outvote them.

You still can't sink the boat even if you wanted too, it's law you can't damage other shareholders piece of the pie. You guys don't get this and imagine some conspiracy theories :)
Last edited by deMoxE on May 21, 2018, 12:17:29 AM
"
MarboroMan wrote:
TLDR:
please publish at least a little letter to the community about your future plans for monetization or if you dont expect things to change.

They can't, because GGG is not in charge anymore. They serve at the pleasure of Tencent. Anything they promise, say or plan is subject to change without notice and without even GGG's input on the matter.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on May 21, 2018, 12:18:43 AM
Not then most pleasant of news to read right after waking up.

I have honestly never read nor heard a single good thing about Tencent.
Last edited by AmpliDefy on May 21, 2018, 12:22:06 AM
To say that you retain full control of GGG and the development of PoE is completely false, considering Tencent owns 80% of the company. Probably going to be less content updates in the following years due to this. No more supporter packs will be bought from now on, never ever going to support Tencent.
"
JohnRhyker wrote:
Top 10 Anime Betrayals

I nearly choked to this.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I supported for all these years to help the people of middle earth. You people cut the heart out of my reason to give.
Saved
"
deMoxE wrote:
"
LucasBacker wrote:

But that's not how it works, Tencent now owns 80% of GGG, they can do whatever they want with it because even if all the other shareholders vote against them, Tencent still possess enough of the company to outvote them.

You still can't sink the boat even if you wanted too, it's law you can't damage other shareholders piece of the pie. You guys don't get this and imagine some conspiracy theories :)

Except they absolutely can do bad decisions, and if the results of those bad decisions end with the rest of the shareholders less profit, there's nothing unlawful about it. Quote me exactly which law you are referring to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info