[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

You are incorrect, this is the exact verbiage. Not only is buff not in the verbiage to you and while you are referring to Feeding Frenzy (hard stop)

Gem
Minions from Supported Skills have 25% chance to grant Feeding Frenzy to you on Hit
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage while you have Feeding Frenzy

Find me another support gem that yields more damage 100% of the time that includes a while in the statement AND that includes another more damage while you have that same effect. Doesnt exist.

Fortify, which you bring up, is 100% accurate in its verbiage and has no such language.
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Attack Damage
Supported Skills grant Fortify on Melee hit
Supported Skills deal (20-34)% more Melee Damage
Supported Skills have (15-34)% increased Fortify duration
Supported Skills deal (20-34)% more Damage with Ailments caused by Melee Hits

Rage is the same, you dont get the Supported attacks deal (2-39) to (4-72) and deal (1-4) to (2-7) 100% of the time when you have 0 rage at rest do you? No

Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Attack Damage
Supported Skills grant 1 Rage on Melee Hit, no more than once every 0.4 seconds
Supported Attacks deal (2-39) to (4-72) added Physical Damage with Weapons while you have at least 10 Rage
Supported Attacks deal (1-4) to (2-7) added Physical Damage with Weapons per 10 Rage

Both those support gems are accurate in verbiage, FF is not.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Sep 11, 2019, 2:28:10 PM

This would be correct

Minions from Supported Skills have 25% chance to grant Feeding Frenzy to you on Hit
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage
Feeding Frenzy base Duration is (4-5.9) seconds
Minions from Supported Skills are Aggressive

OR

This would be correct

Feeding Frenzy grants all minions 10% more minion damage, 15% increased movement speed, and 15% increased attack and cast speed
What it does NOT say on Rage Support is that you will get 1% increased attack damage + 0.5% increased attack speed +0.2% increased movement speed PER RAGE, which can amount to huge damage increase in itself. This is what Rage does. Rage Support has a few more gimmicks related to the number of Rages you have but the essential damage increases a Rage will grant you are NOT explained on the support gem. Neither will you find any mentioning of the essential part of Fortify, namely reduced damage taken.

Now... there is Feeding Frenzy which is a Buff and there is Feeding Frenzy Support which is a support gem. This support gem will make it so thet your minions will grant you the Feeding Frenzy Buff. What exactly this Buff does is never explained on related support gems. This is for GGG to know and for the player to find out. ;)

While there are various ways to gain Fortify and Rage and Elusive, right now Feeding Frenzy (the buff) can only gained though the support gem, but this doesn't necessarily mean that we will not have other means to gain Feeding Frenzy (the buff) or to increase its duration or effectiveness in the future. Now, let's assume, GGG will introduce a new passive skill that will increase Feeding Frenzy effect by, say, 20%, this will affect only the buff but not the support gem, the gem would not grant 30% more damage instead of 25% to supported minions when you take this passive skill but ALL your minions will gain 12% rather than 10% while you have Feeding Frenzy buff on you.

That's the way it's always been. Buffs and related support gems are not the same thing.
"
ShadowHamed wrote:
This would be correct

Feeding Frenzy grants all minions 10% more minion damage, 15% increased movement speed, and 15% increased attack and cast speed

This would be correct if it was GGG's policy to eplain buff effects on gems which it is not. By your logic they would have to include the following...

On Rage Support:

Each Rage grants you 1% increased attack damage, 0.5% increased attack speed, 0.2% increased movement speed

On Fortify Support:

Fortify grants you 20% reduced damage taken from hits

But they don't do that.

Last edited by tomay on Sep 11, 2019, 2:53:49 PM
Either of the 2 options I posted are correct, I dont care about it not showing the effects of the buff on the gem and realize there are multiple cases where that isnt the case. The point is, the more Damage is not correct and further reinforced by the preceding line.

Incorrect
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage while you have Feeding Frenzy

Correct

OR

Correct

In other words, these statements and effects are not the same by any measure OR interpretation. In fact, they explicitly have very different meanings and effects.

IS NOT THE SAME AS

In other words, it's not what they didn't include, I could care less and looked up all that info. It's what they did include which is very much different behavior and effect and ultimately damage.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Sep 11, 2019, 3:41:34 PM
"
ShadowHamed wrote:

IS NOT THE SAME AS

In other words, it's not what they didn't include, I could care less and looked up all that info. It's what they did include which is very much different behavior and effect and ultimately damage.

NOW we're getting somewhere...

Minions from supported skills (i.e. Summon Flame Golem) deal (15-24)% more Damage... full stop ... ALWAYS, not just while you have Feeding Frenzy (the buff). The Flame Golems (when linked to Feeding Frenzy (the support gem) always deal (15-24)% more damage (depending on the gem lvl 1-20).

So far so good? You still with me? Good!

Now, every fourth hit dealt by these Feeding Grenzy Support (the support gem)-supported Flame Goems will grant YOU Feeding Frenzy (the buff). Once you have this buff, ALL your minions (not just the directly supported Flame Golems) will gain another 10% more damage multiplier as well as 15% increased action speed (regardless the gem level).

Pretty much the same as with Fortify Suppot ... ALL your melee hits deal ALWYS (20-34)% more Melee Damage (not while you have Fortify). You will only gain Fortify (the buff) AFTER the first hit and this buff will grant you 20% reduced damage taken from hits, regardless the suupport gem level).

By the same toke, the first hits from our Flame golems deal only a "pitiful" (14-25)% but once they hit something and WE got the Feeding Frenzy buff, their damage immediately increases by another 10% more damage, and they effectively deal a total of 26.5-36.4% more damage.... and then some from cast speed and extra Harmony jewel.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 11, 2019, 5:55:19 PM
Yes, I have been with you this entire time and fully understood the intended effects and thus this gem description would have always been sufficient for me, but they didn't get it right.

I never required the more detailed description explaining the buff as one can always look that up.

We are on the same page and perhaps I should have started with my very simple explanation. I can't reconcile this with the intended effects, because it simply doesn't compute and is not accurate.

The nice thing about FF is it gives us a whole lot more options and frankly we can probably drop primordial eminence too, if one is equipping it. I have corrupted might/eminence with you cannot be cursed with silence and corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you, so its bitter sweet.
Well, don't blame me for GGG not explaining buff effects on related support gems, but that has been their policy all along.

That is how Feeding Frenzy support works, maybe not obvious to understand at first glance but perfectly in sync with other support gems. And you do get a status icon when you have Feeding Frenzy, saying that your minions(yes, that's ALL of them ;) now deal more damage and have increased attack/cast/movement speed.

The Wiki has been updated accordingly after Rory's clarification on Monday.
The only thing I blame them for is this inaccurate line, specifically "while you have Feeding Frenzy"

Somebody fell asleep at the wheel and I would expect correction at some point, which will be uber low priority.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info