[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

how did you jump like that in the skill tree? i am kinda new and cant figure it out?
"
tranzit wrote:
how did you jump like that in the skill tree? i am kinda new and cant figure it out?

If you're looking at the end-game skill-tree, it'd be due to taking Path of the Ranger after uber lab - "Can Allocate Passives from the Ranger's starting point". Scions have the largest difference in levelling skill trees and end-game skill trees due to getting the ability to "jump" like this.
Is the reason you don't recommend a Lion's Roar because of the knockback? Seems like it would add a ton of damage but I imagine the knockback with flurry kinda screws it up.

Edit: Ah, I'm an idiot I see it now
Last edited by Berto33 on Jun 7, 2018, 12:30:39 AM
"
Berto33 wrote:
Is the reason you don't recommend a Lion's Roar because of the knockback? Seems like it would add a ton of damage but I imagine the knockback with flurry kinda screws it up.

In case you didn't spot it under the sub-menus, Lion's Roar is recommended under "Endgame Gear" => "Bossing (Shaper, Uber Elder etc.)"
"
Neveroyatnii wrote:
Any tips about upgrading (9-10 ex budget)? Played for a day and kinda lost on what to upgrade first
Spoiler
Belly 6l is still in progress; no jewels so far (only in tombfist)

10ex budget? Considering that you say you got the Belly in progress, get some Rings with flat Phys, Accuracy AND Wed. Also try out

an Innervate Helm to see if you like it more than Hypothermia. Feels a bit smoother for me, but the Hypothermia Helmet will be better for tanky stuff. Also, you should be able to get a 300+ Phys DPS Claw for that. Just compare it in PoB if it's actually better than Wasp Nest with the Accuracy/Chaos Damage. Don't downgrrade in Attack Speed, even if it's more DPS, Speed feels way too good :P And keep the implicit LGoH, the leech implicits are bad for us.

"
Berto33 wrote:

Edit: Ah, I'm an idiot I see it now

Haasts already pointed it out, I just wanna elaborate.
As you guessed, it is extremely potent but the Knockback screws us over. While clearing Trash, it doesn't matter, but on Map Bosses it is extremely annoying to knock them out of Reach. Also, we need 3 Utility Flasks for Curse/Bleed/Frost Immunities and the added Survivability. I prefer then taking Atziris for Sick Damage and Leech (+ a bit Safety against Chaos damage) and Taste of Hate for Damage AND phys mitigation.
On Endgame Bosses like Uber Elder that cant be knocked back and where you don't need Bleed Immunity etc., you take a full DPS Flask loadout and Freeze Immunity on the Diamond obviously.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 7, 2018, 3:34:42 AM
L86 Gear

Level 86, and the character's really starting to come together - the extra damage and life from upgrading jewellery + getting to reallocate points after uber lab has added a lot to survivability via leech etc, and getting my chaos resistance positive has helped a lot against some Incursion/Temple of Atzoatl nasties. Apart from possibly upgrading jewels (which are looking to be in the ~45c price point atm), it's probably time to save up for a while to either six-link the Belly or splash out on a Watcher's Eye + statstick combo. This is definitely a build that's pretty unforgiving to my potato + wax cylinder computer, though - Blood Rage degen and needing to be attacking to survive means lagging out for five seconds or "snapping back" to furiously multi-strike at empty air is a lot more punishing that on a LL RF Guardian or LL DO Occultist =p
"
Haasts wrote:
Spoiler
L86 Gear

Level 86, and the character's really starting to come together - the extra damage and life from upgrading jewellery + getting to reallocate points after uber lab has added a lot to survivability via leech etc, and getting my chaos resistance positive has helped a lot against some Incursion/Temple of Atzoatl nasties. Apart from possibly upgrading jewels (which are looking to be in the ~45c price point atm), it's probably time to save up for a while to either six-link the Belly or splash out on a Watcher's Eye + statstick combo. This is definitely a build that's pretty unforgiving to my potato + wax cylinder computer, though - Blood Rage degen and needing to be attacking to survive means lagging out for five seconds or "snapping back" to furiously multi-strike at empty air is a lot more punishing that on a LL RF Guardian or LL DO Occultist =p

Gear is looking good mate :) Maybe look into getting WED as well as flat Phys on your Rings, shouldn't be too expensive right now.

And yeah, any build that's not extremely tanky or regen based will struggle when you lag out. Sorry to hear thats happening for you.

I never get why people still use a Life Flask after getting to Higher levels with Vaal Pact, try it out without one for a bit. Or do you keep it around for these situations when the lag leaves you without stuff to kill? That said, once you get more Life/Damage, you will have enough Overleech to keep standing around for really long times without feeling Degen/Hits.

Also, keep a high Level unlinked Blood Rage around. The CWDT BR is ok if you're feeling lazy, but you gain a lot of Attack speed from also having a seperate unlinked one. And not having BR instantly on the first pack feels kinda meh.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 7, 2018, 4:46:44 AM
So I got a pretty lucky inspired learning drop and am wondering if it's worth running that over, say, an uber green gem or abyssal. Do you think I should sell to finance more of my build? I've got an almost gg stygian as well, but am a little nervous crafting WED on it or if i should just sell it for the ~70 chaos it's worth.
"

Gear is looking good mate :) Maybe look into getting WED as well as flat Phys on your Rings, shouldn't be too expensive right now.

And yeah, any build that's not extremely tanky or regen based will struggle when you lag out. Sorry to hear thats happening for you.

I never get why people still use a Life Flask after getting to Higher levels with Vaal Pact, try it out without one for a bit. Or do you keep it around for these situations when the lag leaves you without stuff to kill? That said, once you get more Life/Damage, you will have enough Overleech to keep standing around for really long times without feeling Degen/Hits.

Also, keep a high Level unlinked Blood Rage around. The CWDT BR is ok if you're feeling lazy, but you gain a lot of Attack speed from also having a seperate unlinked one. And not having BR instantly on the first pack feels kinda meh.

I've got a L19 Blood Rage sitting on my Moonbender's Wing (which lets me toggle it off with weapon swap if needed). Despite that, the life flask is a crutch from lagging out with degens active (as well as having to abruptly go AFK for partner-related reasons, or wanting to be lazy and loot instead of maintaining 8-stack Reave across the map in one go, unsure if Herald of Ice is freezing enemies or my graphics card) - I feel a little nervous approaching random packs or entering an Incursion if I'm sitting at 1/3rd HP after those situations without any other way of topping up, plus I'd only just finished off my map trials/uber lab, and with my lag I definitely needed to lean on Soul of Ryslatha flask regen to get through trap gauntlets. I'm planning on weaning myself off the life flask once I pick up a Taste of Hate.
Hey guys,

Build is looking good so far, but i'm having accuracy numbers problems. I say numbers problems because it doesn't feel so bad while mapping for the moment, but i'm actually concerned about the further evolution in higher tier maps.

What am i missing ?

lvl79 gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info