[3.3] √ SeaBaller, Totem Arc Hierophant, Mind over Matter

1908023069064f3d72a7efedcf1d3b34

Build played from 40 to 95 with 3.2 ver, and from 95 to 96 with 3.3 ver and significant Arc Buff.

It's a build with fast clear speed, can be played SSF, good both for leveling and highest contents.

EQUIPMENT

Damage of this weapon setup can be compared to two Shimmerons, but with better movement skill.

JEWELS

I recommend some damage taken gained as mana for this build.

LEVELING FLASKS

Side Life and Mana Flaks for no regen mods.

TREE

- TEMPLAR-WITCH-SHADOW (actual build)

There are two other possible streets, more damage penet and crit, taking external nodes above templar and witch or more regen, going into the scion zone instead of shadow zone.

BANDITS

Kill All Bandits (my option) or Kill Alira (20% crit multi, 15% res).
I always kill all the bandits, but Alira is very good in this case.

PATHEON

Depend of your items and content, for leveling I'm using Souls of Lunaris and Tukohama.
I changed Pantheon Souls for Uber Elder.

DAMAGE

Totem Arc Single Target Shaper DPS ~ 789K
(considering 4 totems, 8 chains, buffs up, boss res)

Tooltip DPS 88400 (buffs up)
Lightning Penetration 49% (buffs up)
Casts per Second 3.25 (buffs up)
Chance to Critical Strike 41,1% (buffs up)
Crit Multiplier 442% (buffs up)

DEFENCES

Total Life 5400
Free Mana 3650 (4040 Total)

Tooltip Armour 2670 (30%)
No Evasion

Fire Resistance 80% (90%)
Cold Resistance 80% (88%)
Light Resistance 80% (95%)
Chaos Resistance -8%

Life Regeneration per sec 380 (4 Totems up)
Mana Regeneration per sec 700 (4 Totems up + Arcane Surge)

Enchant on Boots grant 2% life and Mana Regen, if you were hit

Chance to Block Attacks 21%

Cannot be Stunned, Knocked back, Slowed by Freeze or Curse

Movement Speed 18%

CONSIDERATIONS

Now I'm level 96.

Very solid build, fast leveling with all the map mods. Uber Elder is also viable, but not easy.

I killed Uber Elder with a bit different setup, I posted it some replies below. Different chest and Legacy Enchantment in 3.3, that gave me about 20% more dps. That is reachable with some expensive upgrades, or adding more damage nodes on the tree.

The new Chest now gives me more defence against elemental damage instead, while DPS now is around 800k that is a bit low. I think for Uber Elder 1M dps should be recommended.

At the moment, playing with Loreweave, I feel I have some weakness against physical damage. The Minotaur for example can be very dangerous and also have to pay some attention against multiple extra damage mods.

Previously I played with Lighning Coil that is the best against physical damage, thanks to the 30% converted damage taken, but overall I think Loreweave is much better.

I noticed I have about the same DPS than using two Shimmerons, without the downside when crit with Movement skills, and with the advantage I can use Whirling Blades instead of Lightning Warp.

Well, next challenge is Uber Atziri, stay tuned for updates and upgrades.

Edit 06.07.18: 3.3 big update
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 6, 2018 1:39:33 AM
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2018 3:23:12 AM
1908023069064f3d72a7efedcf1d3b34

Progress History:

- Elder T15: almost done. Vaal Haste doesn't work on Elder fight.

- Labirinth: I finished it in less than 11 mins, without racing.

- Added 2% life and mana regen enchant. With Enduring, 5 Totems, Surge, Stone Golem. I have more than 1k life and mana regeneration.

- Fail with the Shaper. Survivability is good, but I feel damage is not enought for Elder and Shaper.
I should to try double Diamond Flask and put some more damage on the tree.

- Switched to Lightning Golem and small changes on the tree to add some damage (about 9%).

- Changed second equipment setup, added Culling Strike.

- Elder T12 done: waiting for his spown at T15...

- Thinking about remove some regen, life and mana, and add more damage, as explained in the build before.

- I tryed to remove some life, mana, regen and I gained the equivalent of 120% spell dmg, with templar nodes, and Heart of Thunder, gaining like 21% more damage. More damage, less life.

- I tryed two Shimmerons, DPS rises of about 30% against my 2 rare daggers and 15% against my 2 rare wands. The downsides are, changing whirling Blades to Lightning Warp, that actives the lightning damages to hiself when crit. So, after a crit Warp, have to swap on 2nd equipment. That can be bad for gameplay, basically you should not to use movement skills.

- Waiting for changes about Arc Gem.

EDIT: 20.05.18, 3.2 Ver

- Equipment Changes

- Uber Elder Down

- Equipment Changes

EDIT: July 2018, 3.3 Ver

Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 14, 2018 3:34:46 AM
Why nobody post here ? Build looks quite interesting IMO
Sadly this is more of a "look what I did" post. There's nothing until you get to level 70, so for someone who wants a guide it's not very useful. I was interested until I realised that I had no idea what order to allocate passives, let alone what starter weapons and jewels to use.

It's more of a finishing guide than a starting guide, and even then, not great IMO.
Last edited by Kimchacka on Jun 8, 2018 12:59:06 AM
Hi, thanks for feedback. I can add some infos, if it's needed.

Imho it's not much important the order to build the tree, in softcore, honestly also I'm not sure which is the best tree atm, so I posted 3 possible streets.

With the 3.3 patch I recognized a small buff to Heart of Thunder and Celestial Judgement,

and the big buff to Arc should significantly improve the fight against Elder and Shaper, stay tuned.

About leveling, just look for life mana resistances items, a tabula rasa and spell damage and cast speed weapons (maybe weapon + shield for hardcore).
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 8, 2018 5:10:13 AM
Some updates:

With the new arc, the dps is about 2,6x more dps than before and 2,9x with the +3 chains enchant.

So, we consider about 780k DPS, that is enough DPS to kill the Shaper, and maybe the uber Elder.

Now I killed the Shaper and all the T16 Maps (Guardians and Elder Guardians, Vaal Temple), with the old build, and also with the new one.

For the Uber Elder I tryed this modified new version of the build, with full block spell:

full spell block equipment

With the new build the DPS is lower, probably around 550k-600k, and I had problems with Uber Elder. Defences are good, but dps not. So we need more dps and I thought to a Dodge Spell Build, returning to dual wielding.

Working on these chests too, is an option:

My thoughts:

with the 1.5% crit mod and rising the dps on the tree I should arrive to 650k, maybe 750k with dual wielding and dodge, 850k with the legacy helmet or with two very good weapons.

Now 850K, could be enough damage for the Uber Elder. Optimal should be 1M. Let's see.
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 24, 2018 8:23:25 AM
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 21, 2018 6:52:40 AM
I just killed the Uber Elder, with this new Yolo expensive (300 Ex in Standard) setup!
(1 Enchant Legacy gives about 12,7% more single target dps, compared to not legacy)

It's not easy to avoid all and it's very easy to die.

The full block spell setup is cool but lower life and dps, I tryed Purity also as 3rd Aura, this setup could be developed and maybe viable and safer for Uber, but need some work.

Last setup: dual wielding and Kaom's Roots, high dps and mobility, basically no block (25%, 10%), some Reckless Defence are addable.

Full Equipment

Jewels and Flasks

Pantheon: Arakaali, Ralakesh
Healthy Mind near Mind over Matter
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 25, 2018 5:15:57 AM
Build updated for 3.3 ver.

lvl 96 and equipment upgrades.

Stay Tuned.
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 6, 2018 1:24:06 AM
Thanks for your guide. Curious, since shimmerons are popular/bis(?) for arc totems, how does your build compare to using those?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info