[3.4] √ SeaBaller, Totem Arc Hierophant, Mind over Matter

I played from 40 to 95 with 3.2 ver, and from 95 to 98 with 3.3+ ver.

It's a build for leveling, with fast clear speed. Can be played with cheap items and also Self Found.

With the right items, it allows to play all the map mods, also on Elder maps, and becomes also good for the top content. Elder, Shaper and Guardians still can be difficult.

Not for hardcore, because not much tanky, not much physical damage reductions, no dodges. Hardcore tree and setup can be very different.

EQUIPMENT

My Standard League Setup

Dagger and Sceptre setup is probably the best option in my opinion, because I still prefer Whirling Blades over other Movement Skills,

while two Wands or two Scepters with Flame Dash setup is a cheaper option and potentially with higher DPS at the same time. Also Flame Dash had a small improvement with 3.4 ver.

Shimmerons had a nerf with 3.4 for this build, activating the lightning debuff with totems also, I don't know if they are still good.

Devoto's is good with Kaom's Roots, and also there is the Legacy Enchant available on Standard. Losing potentially some life, mana and DPS, and gaining some useful stats: Mainly Movement speed, Armour, Chaos Res, Dexterity (for daggers).

The combination of Kaom's Roots and Loreweave allows to run all the map mods, just switching two Flasks in no regen maps, and still can have 20% movement speed with Devoto's.

GEMS

Main Skill is:
SPELL TOTEM, ARC

Other Supports, from higher DPS:
ELEMENTAL FOCUS, CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION, CRITICAL STRIKE, ADDED LIGHTNING, PENETRATION, CAST SPEED, EMPOWER

In other setups, can be better Penetration or Faster Casting for example.
Empower 4, if you have a +1 to Socketed Gems on a Corrupted Chest and Level 21 Arc, allow Arc to reach level 26 and one more chain.

I use Clarity at level 7 only, it costs me only 161 mana, and activates the Watcher's Eye, I don't need higher Clarity atm. Wrath at level 20, doesn't cost mana, thanks to Essence Worm.

Elemental Weakness to activate Arcane Surge.

Lightning Warp on second equipment.

JEWELS

Life, Mana, Resistances, Cast Speed, Criticals, other damages,
see Character Tree.

I recommend some damage taken gained as mana for this build.
So a Watcher Eye with Clarity (gaining mana) and Wrath (Penetration or Damage), is my preferred option.

LEVELING FLASKS

Opting for Forbidden Taste and Atziri's Promise atm.
Side Life and Mana Flaks for no regen mods.

Blood of the Karui or other Life Flasks in some maps, can help.
Wise Oak is a nice option too.

TREE

- TEMPLAR-WITCH-SHADOW

ASCENDANCY

- Conviction of Power - Power and Endurance Charges - some Damage and Defences
- Pursuit of Faith - 1 additional totem
- Ritual of Awakening - 1 additional totem and Regeneration
- Divine Guidance - Mana and 10% increased damage on mana

BANDITS

Kill All Bandits (2 skill points) or Kill Alira (20% crit multi, 15% res).
I usually kill all the bandits, but Alira is very good in this case.

I chosen Alira atm, that helps with the resistances, and more Crit.

PATHEON

Depend of your items and content, for leveling I'm using Souls of Lunaris and Tukohama. I changed Pantheon Souls for Uber Elder in 3.3.

DAMAGE

Huge upgrades.

Totem Arc Single Target Shaper DPS ~ 1750k
(considering 4 totems and totem buffs, curse with arcane surge, 10 chains)

Tooltip DPS 238000

Lightning Penetration 40%
Casts per Second ~ 1,9 (not tooltip)
Chance to Critical Strike ~ 66%
Crit Multiplier 590%
(considering totem buffs, arcane surge)

Note: tooltip DPS and tooltip casts per second don't count the less cast speed from totem gem, for a visual bug.

DEFENCES

Total Life 5260
Free Mana 3510 (3670 Total)

Tooltip Armour 1520 (11%)

Fire Resistance 80% (86%)
Cold Resistance 80% (86%)
Light Resistance 80% (94%)
Chaos Resistance -23%

Note: I can switch a ring for Ele Weakness maps:

Life Regeneration per sec 252 (4 Totems up)
Mana Regeneration per sec 484 (4 Totems up + Arcane Surge)

Movement Speed 20%

CONSIDERATIONS

Now I'm level 98, I runned a MF setup in big part of level 97 (linked on second page, with Bisco's Legacy and IIQ gem), then I returned to my DPS setup, after buying some GG items.

The build is for fast leveling with all the map mods. Uber Elder is also viable with 0,7M+ DPS, as I did in 3.3 with a different setup, posted some replies below. Now I have 1,7M, more than double and +5% res.

At the moment, playing with Loreweave, still I feel I have some weakness against physical damage. The Minotaur for example can be very dangerous and also have to pay some attention against multiple extra damage mods, but DPS is very high atm, so the enemies die very fast usually. :)

I crafted two good daggers, but in the end I buyed a gg dagger and I did some expensive upgrade, to see the full potential of the build, my dagger and amulet are not the best possible on an arc build, but they are probably the best (or close to it) on the actual market.

Well, next challenge is Uber Atziri now, no excuses, stay tuned for updates.

Edit 06.07.18: 3.3 big update
Edit 16.09.18: 3.4 big update
Edit 21.09.18: tree and items update
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Oct 2, 2018, 3:55:00 PM
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2019, 6:36:20 AM

Progress History:

- Elder T15: almost done. Vaal Haste doesn't work on Elder fight.

- Labirinth: I finished it in less than 11 mins, without racing.

- Added 2% life and mana regen enchant. With Enduring, 5 Totems, Surge, Stone Golem. I have more than 1k life and mana regeneration.

- Fail with the Shaper. Survivability is good, but I feel damage is not enought for Elder and Shaper.
I should to try double Diamond Flask and put some more damage on the tree.

- Switched to Lightning Golem and small changes on the tree to add some damage (about 9%).

- Elder T12 done: waiting for his spown at T15...

- I tryed to remove some life, mana, regen and I gained the equivalent of 120% spell dmg, with templar nodes, and Heart of Thunder, gaining like 21% more damage. More damage, less life.

- I tryed two Shimmerons, DPS rises of about 30% against against my 2 rare wands.

- Waiting for changes about Arc Gem.

EDIT: May 18, 3.2 Ver

- Sometimes Lucky, Arc buffed.

- Equipment Changes

- Uber Elder Down

EDIT: July 2018, 3.3 Ver

- leveling to 97, and part of 98 with Magic Find Setup

EDIT: August 2018, 3.3 Ver

- New Items
- New Tree
- New MTX

EDIT: Sep 2018, 3.4 Ver
Last edited by RoyalStar on Sep 26, 2018, 7:16:08 AM
Why nobody post here ? Build looks quite interesting IMO
Sadly this is more of a "look what I did" post. There's nothing until you get to level 70, so for someone who wants a guide it's not very useful. I was interested until I realised that I had no idea what order to allocate passives, let alone what starter weapons and jewels to use.

It's more of a finishing guide than a starting guide, and even then, not great IMO.
Last edited by Kimchacka on Jun 8, 2018, 12:59:06 AM
Hi, thanks for feedback. I can add some infos, if it's needed.

Imho it's not much important the order to build the tree, in softcore, honestly also I'm not sure which is the best tree atm, so I posted 3 possible streets.

With the 3.3 patch I recognized a small buff to Heart of Thunder and Celestial Judgement,

and the big buff to Arc should significantly improve the fight against Elder and Shaper, stay tuned.

About leveling, just look for life mana resistances items, a tabula rasa and spell damage and cast speed weapons (maybe weapon + shield for hardcore).
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 8, 2018, 5:10:13 AM
Some updates:

With the new arc, the dps is about 2,6x more dps than before and 2,9x with the +3 chains enchant.

So, we consider about 780k DPS, that is enough DPS to kill the Shaper, and maybe the uber Elder.

Now I killed the Shaper and all the T16 Maps (Guardians and Elder Guardians, Vaal Temple), with the old build, and also with the new one.

For the Uber Elder I tryed this modified new version of the build, with full block spell:

full spell block equipment

With the new build the DPS is lower, probably around 550k-600k, and I had problems with Uber Elder. Defences are good, but dps not. So we need more dps and I thought to a Dodge Spell Build, returning to dual wielding.

Working on these chests too, is an option:

My thoughts:

with the 1.5% crit mod and rising the dps on the tree I should arrive to 650k, maybe 750k with dual wielding and dodge, 850k with the legacy helmet or with two very good weapons.

Now 850K, could be enough damage for the Uber Elder. Optimal should be 1M. Let's see.
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 24, 2018, 8:23:25 AM
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 21, 2018, 6:52:40 AM
I just killed the Uber Elder, with this new Yolo expensive (300 Ex in Standard) setup!
(1 Enchant Legacy gives about 12,7% more single target dps, compared to not legacy)

It's not easy to avoid all and it's very easy to die.

The full block spell setup is cool but lower life and dps, I tryed Purity also as 3rd Aura, this setup could be developed and maybe viable and safer for Uber, but need some work.

Last setup: dual wielding and Kaom's Roots, high dps and mobility, basically no block (25%, 10%), some Reckless Defence are addable.

Full Equipment

Jewels and Flasks

Pantheon: Arakaali, Ralakesh
Healthy Mind near Mind over Matter
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jun 25, 2018, 5:15:57 AM
Build updated for 3.3 ver.

lvl 96 and equipment upgrades.

Stay Tuned.
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 6, 2018, 1:24:06 AM
Thanks for your guide. Curious, since shimmerons are popular/bis(?) for arc totems, how does your build compare to using those?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info