Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

Ignite will still suck with these changes and you are nerfing at least 5 good build that work correctly and are not "broken" nor meta, sounds like a pretty shit trade.

"We would also like to look at the way curses work. Ultimately, we want to rebalance them entirely with a particular focus on their effectiveness against bosses - making them stronger against bosses while minimising the difference in their effectiveness against boss and non-boss enemies. Again, this is part of a much larger rework and not possible to do immediately but it's something that's on our radar."

Then just lower the bosses less curse effect.

I don't know where you are trying to get with this changes but it seems to me that you are throwing a very short ball.

Still love you guys tho, just think you need to re-consider your aim.
Last edited by Nelkael on Apr 26, 2018, 9:30:44 PM
POE is about aoe direct damage.

DoT builds ultimately become about making the DoT act as much as possible like direct damage.

I appreciate the efforts though.
Nice to see all these skill reworks. I’m getting bored playing the same few builds for the last one year or so x_x
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Not sure how effective it'll be against bosses, but we'll see.

Also, the EE changes in the future better be well thought out, i can see a million ways this might go wrong since a ton of builds use it :D.
Haha
Yea, just give me more reasons to leave this game, whatever. Even with this..
Ironically, I'm still playing it because I'm waiting for another aRPG to finally see the light of day.

I still hope this day came to me because I'm bored and really tired this game.

--

(multiplayer PoE IIQ and IIR shenanigans VS solo players drops haHAa)
Enjoy!
will curse bot become viable DOGGERS
im waiting for that 100% temp chains effectiveness on bosses back pls ;)
drenched 👌
-----
blue blade flurry mtx plssss
also crystal earth shatter
I think you should just make Ignite a non-damaging ailment. Something like "decrease the total max health of a monster by x%" for bosses, or simply "ignited monsters explode on death dealing x% of their max life" for clear.
Poison will still out-perform Igite and so if someone wants to play DoT, theres still no reason to pick ignite over posion. Making it a utility ailment would benefit it alot more.
keep up the good work, love the changes and where everything looks to be heading :)
One More Day...
I still wish you guys would look at the remaining broken parts of Bestiary (it would just be fucking embarrassing to roll it into the core game as-is), but in the meanwhile,

ELEMENTALIST PIZZABLAST IS BACK, BABY

A stage 10 flameblast plus a level 21 chance to ignite is automatically 100% ignite chance <3
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 26, 2018, 9:51:17 PM
Can someone explain something to me, maybe its because I haven't played in a long time but it feels like Fire is the only element that gets attention and lots of uniques/passive tree nodes that affect it. Is it just me or does anyone else think we need more attention to the other elements instead of fire?

I took a long ass break and just came back for Bestiary and onwards but it feels like the only big end-game viable builds have Fire damage.
twitch.tv/whoisfuskee
Come hang out with me sometime, fellow Exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info