Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

"
Aerodith wrote:
"
RichardFox wrote:
Elemental equilibrium always seemed pretty balanced to me because it has a very circumstantial requirement to be used. Very few builds can actually use it, and those that can that were very OP were usually OP for other reasons and not EE specifically. Rather those builds that could use it felt like they were balanced with it and that removing it would just unnecessarily nerf them and make them unusable (since you probably can't buff all the builds properly, thereby destroying a large number of them like you did with ignite changes LOL).

Examples:
CoC discharge: cast spamming not ee really.
Ignite: double dipping, not ee really.

How is Shieldcharging with +1 added cold/lightning to attacks circumstantial ? WAYY too cheap damageboost

I am not surprised since you dont have a life rf or a trigger build... None of those builds have millions of dps.(except PP VD...) Yes even with EE. The stupid thing about it while some other millions of dps builds which cant use EE standing still, nerfing the builds which desperately needs EE...

Seemed cheap? Try using on your build?
Last edited by mutiv on Apr 29, 2018, 3:06:17 PM
My understanding is that only one ignite can do damage at one time, but that more than one ignite can exist on a target at a time. Perhaps you could allow each burn beyond the actively damaging ones to debuff fire res by a certain percentage (or something along those lines).
This buffs are really good, but the main reason, why no1 use burns - cause we can have the same damage using ED+Contagion skills, but we cant have big clear speed with ignites.
Just make Ignite Proliferation to spread to nearby enemies
The best way would be, if it would spread not on target death, but while target is still alive.. (but i doubt it can be done).
Last edited by Uoykai on Apr 29, 2018, 10:19:42 PM
GGG motto: we create problems - we heroically solve them next patches (while creating even more another problems).
you could buff ignite damage by 1000% and it would still suck balls.
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Ignite should just do something differently than just damage. Poison is already the raw damage ailment. Ignited enemies should deal less damage based on the intensity of the ignite, though something like this seems like a better fit for Poison than Ignite (as Poisons are more of a DEX/Evasion based ailment and damage mitigation is hard to come by for Evasion characters so they don't get one shot).

At least then it has a similar mechanic to Chill and Shock and rather than "burn damage" nodes, they'd simply be "Ignite Effectiveness" nodes.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on May 3, 2018, 3:30:54 AM
Good buff, but I fear this is going to make Ignites ONLY viable with the boosted skills. Why double the ailment damage with those skills, why not just double the base ignite damage?

Would be nice to see an emberwake buff to suit.
Last edited by DySeaL on May 3, 2018, 5:12:08 AM
Is Xoph's Nurture radius being buffed as well?
IGN = pibDeath
Changing EE will be the final nail in the coffin for RF builds. It will hurt a lot of non-meta skills but RF will get the worst of it.
Hello.

After this patch I can not accurately aim the arc sideways.
the shot goes a few meters higher.
Did anyone have such a problem?
How to deal with it?

Thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info