The big problem with trading - a simple idea

"
Cyzax wrote:

Your suggestion would make trading easier, which would mean more trading would be done. The problem is not how trading is done, but the amount! Your suggestion would increase the amount significantly...

The problem is that only 100 results will be shown in the trade search.
If you have an middle-ranked item you're forced to sell this item for a lower price that won't be worth this price. Only that the item WILL be listed in the results...

So, higher trading have higher chances for the middle-ranked items to find and trade - and the whole trade will be balanced again.
Last edited by Hecki_1 on Apr 24, 2018, 11:05:41 AM
"
Hecki_1 wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:

Your suggestion would make trading easier, which would mean more trading would be done. The problem is not how trading is done, but the amount! Your suggestion would increase the amount significantly...

The problem is that only 100 results will be shown in the trade search.
If you have an middle-ranked item you're forced to sell this item for a lower price that won't be worth this price. Only that the item WILL be listed in the results...

Your response is completely disconnected from the comment that you quote, which puzzles me.

Anyway, to your comment here: while completely irrelevant to the GGG case, we have plenty of evidence that nobody buys the higher priced items given a choice from a wide range of other games, over decades, that have auction houses.

So, if your 100 items were listed, they would necessarily be the least expensive, which is what people would have purchased anyway.

Again, though, this is completely irrelevant here, because you are not addressing the reason GGG have said they will not make trading easier.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
Your response is completely disconnected from the comment that you quote, which puzzles me.

Sorry, I thought one step further.

"
Again, though, this is completely irrelevant here, because you are not addressing the reason GGG have said they will not make trading easier.

And I try my best that GGG will change their minds.
Trading is now one of the important parts in the game. More and more items will be added with every single update.
Players are beginning to insult each other when they didn't get any reaction to their offers.
And I don't wanna get insulted as "the asshole" for the actual trade mechanics.
"
Hecki_1 wrote:
"

And I try my best that GGG will change their minds.
Trading is now one of the important parts in the game. More and more items will be added with every single update.

So, then... what can you bring to the table to convince GGG that easier trading will not lead to more trade, which leads to faster gearing, which leads to faster boredom when there are no more upgrades, and no more challenge in the content?
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
So, then... what can you bring to the table to convince GGG that easier trading will not lead to more trade, which leads to faster gearing, which leads to faster boredom when there are no more upgrades, and no more challenge in the content?

This is such a blatantly wrong sentiment.

How many people do you think in any given league have fully optimized gear, by say, i don't know, one month, like when bestiary had already bitten the player count dust? Now, I'm sure cancer trade scenarios like the OP pointed out had nothing to do with that at all (lol I've never seen so many posts about having to buy maps and it being terrible), but I can also promise you the majority of optimized gear for the majority of builds had yet to even be rolled, and the potential for a better available BiS item in ANY given league is almost always available.

Just to finish shutting down this hard to believe is even serious position you've seemed to support chz, the people in stnd with the ability to max out slots in all mirror gear tend to be the ones still playing. I find it hard to believe player A thinks to himself, "Wow! I've got sweet gear!! K I'm done now."

Trading isn't hard or easy with the current setup. Those adjectives don't fit. Trading is outdated and restrictive. The hard part of trading is knowing how to value items and assuming the direction of the value those mods will tend towards. The actual action of requesting, listing, and executing a trade shouldn't ever be "hard"
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

Nothing.
We have a trading system.
We have a trading search system that reminds of the search system in classic auction houses.
We have GGG who said that there will be no auction house.
We have a couple of enraged gamers whispering 10-20 players to get an item they would need.
And I suggested a simple trade stash based on the actual trading procedure.
the current system of people having to personally engage in trading (player interaction) has two desired effects on the economy:

- people think twice of putting an item to their trade cause every item there means a potential interruption to their gameplay

- people don't have to sell for the advertised price, this basically results in higher prices cause sellers can adjust their mistakenly priced items, preventing item flippers to rip you off

an alternative system needs to compensate for those.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Why should easier trading lead to MORE trading? When i need to buy an item, i will buy the item. The difference is how much time it will take to buy the item. Currently there is luck involved in the process. It might be that the item i want to buy will be sold by the first person i message, or the 15th or whatever. But in the end, i will buy the item anyway.
"
vio wrote:
- people think twice of putting an item to their trade cause every item there means a potential interruption to their gameplay

This is a valid point. With easier selling, the market will probably be flooded with some items. On the other hand, there are vendor recipes. Why should i try to sell an item when a player offers only slightly more than the vendor does?

"
vio wrote:
- people don't have to sell for the advertised price, this basically results in higher prices cause sellers can adjust their mistakenly priced items, preventing item flippers to rip you off

This is not a valid point. When players misprices their items, its their fault. Simple as that. When you are not sure about the value of item, you always have the option to list it without a price tag
"
Sollkomol wrote:
Why should easier trading lead to MORE trading? When i need to buy an item, i will buy the item. The difference is how much time it will take to buy the item. Currently there is luck involved in the process. It might be that the item i want to buy will be sold by the first person i message, or the 15th or whatever. But in the end, i will buy the item anyway.

But before you start asking, you'll decide whether you want to trade or not... Most times you do that, you'll (probably subconsciously) decide not to trade... You're not going to go through 15 attempts to get a slightly better levelling item, or that +1 to total HP items you could get later. You trade less with the current system.

Then there is the effect on sellers. They only put up items that are worth their time to sell, not the semi-good levelling item they could sell for 1 portal scroll if trading didn't require their time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info