The big problem with trading - a simple idea

Hi all,

I think it's annoying for most of us to left a current map for trading or getting offers for a good item when you just started the lab - OR get absolutly no reaction for your offer.
Suggestions for an auction house seems not realizable.

But a simple idea could change the complete trading system, without changing the complete trading system (erm....wh00t?)

All you gotta do is to create a new "Trade Stash" (like the guild stash) where you can priced the items in the stash.
The trading system will easily works on the same way like the trade with NPCs.

The people are looking for item on poe.trade or https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Bestiary and when they found an item they'll send the same message to the seller:

"@<gamer> Hi, I would like to buy your <item> listed for <price> in Bestiary (Trade stash tab "trash"; position: left 1, top 1)"

and then you invite him / her, he / she ports to your hideout and can easily take the item (he/she wanted to have) out of the Trade Stash. And when he / she find another good item in the stash he / she can take it out, too.

The currencies for the item will automatically removed from the buyers inventory and adds to your main stash or a secret stash tab in the "Trade stash" - only visible for the owner.

That's all.
You'll never have to leave a current map anymore.
You do not miss any good offers anymore while you're just started the (u)lab.
(No one else will be ignored anymore - if you have the trade stash)

And how do you get the Trade Stash? *suprise!* In the shop for 100(or more?) Points :)

Regards,
Hecki
Last edited by Hecki_1 on Apr 22, 2018, 11:09:54 PM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2018, 6:37:46 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
A public stash tab that uses exact pricing to function like NPC vendors, so that the player doesn't have to carry out a completely mindless task, is a cool idea. There could be a trading NPC (welcome back Cadiro?), so you still have to message people and invite them to your party and hideout etc... You just don't have to do the most inconvenient part.

Free players could maybe get a slot or two that they can sell things with, so that it's not such a big pay2win advantage, and also to get players hooked on trading so they'll buy the proper trade stash.

It would also be great for buying multiples of the same map or whatever.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
As an example of why this idea sucks, i miss priced an item, didn't even notice until the whisper asking to buy it, i had the chance to tell the person sorry and that it was a miss price and changed it to what it should have been.

I know for a fact that people DO NOT pay attention in this game and they would be fucking up pricing like i did and actually selling the item for alts instead of chaos or exalts.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
There are a few problems with this suggestion...

First of all, you assume that the difficulty of trading is a problem... In fact, it is intended by design!
GGG knows well that easy trading in a game like this where items don't get 'used up while being used' is detrimental to the health of the game. This suggestion is only marginally different from the myriad of suggestions to have an auction house (which GGG, sensibly, have said they'd never do).

Secondly, if it was as you say a pay-for feature, all the 'but this is not free-2-play' complainers would start on this too.

Third... This could be done if strictly being usable for items that are consumed when they're used, currency, maps etc., but the current drop rates are based on items (including these) being exactly as rare as they should be. Changing the ease with which they can be traded for would require a rebalance, almost certainly requiring GGG to reduce their drop rate. This would mean the SSF players would be even worse off (they use exactly the same game mechanics as non-SSF, and GGG doesn't have the resources to do separate balancing).

Fourth... There is nothing in this suggestion that would attract new players, thus nothing that means it is worth expending a lot of resources to implement.

The idea is not that bad, but it is just not an idea for this game...

I absolutely love this idea. I get it, they want player interaction and the constant haggle and chatting back and forth for trades adds to the atmosphere and yada, yada, yada, but come on. People never want to buy my stuff until the moment I fire up a map. I gotta work my way through a dozen people until I find at least ONE who actually responds when I want to buy something. And half of the time the item is already gone or the seller changed his mind or I get insta-blocked because it's Thursday or whatever.

With the way trading works right now, you basically have to sit near your PC with PoE running in the background, so you can actually react to trade requests. You're not gonna trade while you're mapping or leveling an alt.

I'd love to have a public stash, which allows people to just buy stuff for the prices I listed. Everquest 2 had a feature like that well over a decade ago and it still works fine on there for the 5 people who still play it. And no offense to people who get salty over setting the wrong price for something before they sell it, but so what? Pay attention. Don't half-ass it. Or just don't use it if you're paranoid about the prices you put on there.

And heck, if offline trading goes against the spirit of the game or whatever, only make these tabs work while the owner of the tab is online. No auction house, sure, fine, it didn't make Diablo 3 any better, but people being able to shop from my public sales stash, I'm all for it.
@Cyzax

This is weird.
GGG implemented a side for searching items easily and simultaneously it will be absolutly unhealthy for the game to buy the items.

o___O

People are using third party programs for trading (e.g. mercury trade). With a simple click you can instand answer that you're currently in a map and will answer soon.
For a good offer the traders will be waiting for you.
And for the trash (maps/currency..) the players are whispering 10 more sellers until they will get their item.

So, what is the 'unhealthy' difference between getting items and getting items?

Last edited by Hecki_1 on Apr 23, 2018, 8:16:28 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
As an example of why this idea sucks, i miss priced an item, didn't even notice until the whisper asking to buy it, i had the chance to tell the person sorry and that it was a miss price and changed it to what it should have been.

I know for a fact that people DO NOT pay attention in this game and they would be fucking up pricing like i did and actually selling the item for alts instead of chaos or exalts.

No, you didn't get the mechanics. You would still have to INVITE them to party and could review your pricing on the whisper message. You could also review the items carefully before putting them in the super premium npc trade stash tab.

It is an excellent idea and would love this implemented.
Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Apr 23, 2018, 8:40:26 AM
"
Hecki_1 wrote:
@Cyzax

This is weird.
GGG implemented a side for searching items easily and simultaneously it will be absolutly unhealthy for the game to buy the items.

o___O

People are using third party programs for trading (e.g. mercury trade). With a simple click you can instand answer that you're currently in a map and will answer soon.
For a good offer the traders will be waiting for you.
And for the trash (maps/currency..) the players are whispering 10 more sellers until they will get their item.

So, what is the 'unhealthy' difference between getting items and getting items?

GGG didn't implement something that wasn't already available (poe.trade), and it didn't change a thing about how much trade is actually being done. All the limiting elements are still in place in exactly the same form, and the game is balanced around it! They support that (limited) trading, but doesn't want it to grow bigger.

The main reason to keep trading exactly as it is (limited) is still valid. If they didn't, nobody would actually ever find anything that they'd be using, since it would be much easier to just buy something from a botter for a few low-value orbs. If they balanced around that, SSF would be screwed...
"
Cyzax wrote:

The main reason to keep trading exactly as it is (limited) is still valid. If they didn't, nobody would actually ever find anything that they'd be using, since it would be much easier to just buy something from a botter for a few low-value orbs. If they balanced around that, SSF would be screwed...

Erm... You know that my suggestion is based on the actual trading system procedure?
Everything what is possible in relation to botters with the trade stash is exactly possible with the actual trading situation.

*edit*

"
And heck, if offline trading goes against the spirit of the game or whatever, only make these tabs work while the owner of the tab is online. No auction house, sure, fine, it didn't make Diablo 3 any better, but people being able to shop from my public sales stash, I'm all for it.

Yes, of curse - only available when you're online :)
Last edited by Hecki_1 on Apr 23, 2018, 12:30:16 PM
"
Hecki_1 wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:

Erm... You know that my suggestion is based on the actual trading system procedure?
Everything what is possible in relation to botters with the trade stash is exactly possible with the actual trading situation.

Your suggestion would make trading easier, which would mean more trading would be done. The problem is not how trading is done, but the amount! Your suggestion would increase the amount significantly...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info