May Flashback Event!

"
sirianstar wrote:
Hi, thanks GGG for the event! Every location is really fun with all these multiple mods. Would like to see them in standard, in the future.

now a question:

if i play only ONE character, and for example, i bring it to 95, do i have the chance to win only a single prize, or multiple ones in case i get lucky, for each prize subcategory?

How do you roll the names of the winning players for each prize pool? Excluding the players that already won something, or you just roll the names, and after that roll a prize for them?

because i get the sensation that higher lvl characters get yes only one prize, but multiple rolls in case the higher prize fails, and i would like to receive an official confirmation on this, as it would greatly influence the time i will dedicate to this event.

here are some possible ways on how prizes will be rolled.

Case A:

-at the end of the event you roll the lvl 95 prizes, you get the winner names,
-then proceed to roll the lvl 85 prizes, you select the winners, among whom there are also lvl 95 players that didn't win anything yet,
-then proceed to roll the lvl 75 prizes, you select the winners, among whom there are also lvl 95 and 85 players who didn't win anything yet.
-and so on, till all prizes are rolled. this would mean a lvl 95 char gets, if he doesn't win the upper prizes, a roll for each prize category, thus a much higher chance to win some prize.

Case B:
-the above, but in reverse, you start from the bottom prizes, in which lvl 95 players are also included, and exclude players that already won something.
-in this case an unlucky lvl 95 player could be selected for a lvl 45 prize, and be excluded for the lvl 95 prize. While the last lvl 95 prizes will be given out to lvl 95 chars that didn't win anything yet.

Case C:
-You can indeed win multiple prizes, meaning a lvl 95 character keeps staying in the lower prize lists even if he won some of the upper prizes.

Could you also please add the answer to the FAQs?

"
We will also be awarding the prizes below based on your character level at the end of the event. For example, if you reach level 85 with one character you would be in the draw to win any of the prizes from the level 45-85 range. You can win more than one prize per account.
"

"
We will also be awarding the prizes below based on your character level at the end of the event. For example, if you reach level 85 with one character you would be in the draw to win any of the prizes from the level 45-85 range. You can win more than one prize per account.

yeah i have already read that, but it doesn't actually answer my question.
it says "more than one prize per account", not per character. that's the ambiguity that i'm trying to have answered. it could just mean that if you have more characters you can win more than one prize, which has been said multiple times. What's unanswered is if a SINGLE character can win multiple prizes.
Last edited by sirianstar on May 6, 2018, 12:40:54 PM
Hey,
I didn't get mystery box from this event.
Greetings.
Thi3n (twitch streamer) just pointed out something; you could just run the race and not pick an ascendancy till the last minute. Does this mean the person could just steal? What do you think? (It was implied by thi3n that it would be an unfair steal)
Hey GGG, flashback is so much fun!
there are actually monsters to kill on my screen now! pls nerf XP gain and item drops and put that mob density in the core game. fighting lots and lots of monsters just feels so rewarding and while some maps still have 1-2 empty screens till the next pack of monsters, at least that next pack will offer a good fight (especially with beyond).

btw. I skipped all of bestiary mechanics. could you please remove the stupid net-icon, when I never even picked up a net or spoke to einhar? (or, even better, remove all of bestiary completely).

anyway. thx for this flashback event <3
Last edited by PopeJo on May 7, 2018, 2:14:14 AM
Yesterday I opened granted at lvl 35 box and found citizen dead body in it ;/
Not funny GGG.
Got an Innocence Helmet (130 points) from the free box, after reaching lvl35 in HC SSF.
It was instantaneously transfered in my MTX tab.
I hoped for wings or body armour but this is also fine and can be combined with lots of other armour parts.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
This is the most fun I've had in a long time in PoE, best race ever.

Also.. have they changed the droprate? Ive dropped 3 exalts at level 81, I have NEVER dropped even one exalt before level 88 before
IGN gubert
"
sirianstar wrote:
"

"

yeah i have already read that, but it doesn't actually answer my question.
it says "more than one prize per account", not per character. that's the ambiguity that i'm trying to have answered. it could just mean that if you have more characters you can win more than one prize, which has been said multiple times. What's unanswered is if a SINGLE character can win multiple prizes.

In the past, multiple prizes have been able to be awarded to single characters. I've seen nothing to indicate this time would be different. A level 95 char is eligible for each prize tier and should be able to win multiple prizes, if they're so lucky.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on May 7, 2018, 4:07:51 PM
"
Gubert wrote:
This is the most fun I've had in a long time in PoE, best race ever.

Also.. have they changed the droprate? Ive dropped 3 exalts at level 81, I have NEVER dropped even one exalt before level 88 before

Same reason why people win lotteries, they get lucky. Something that's very rare doesn't mean it never happens. I once have gotten my first two exalts in the same map.

Numbers are funny things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info