[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

Any chance on an updated PoB?
Has anyone tried going for chain/fork instead of pierce for Ice Shot?

I find I get a lot better clearspeed that way.
"
Fritso wrote:

i been using fork it works great.

chain seems to trigger performance/ framerate problems for me.
"
Dezzo79 wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

i been using fork it works great.

chain seems to trigger performance/ framerate problems for me.

No performance issues I've noticed so far.

Running with 6L Ice Shot/TS - Mirage - GMP - Chain - Fork - Ele damage, though most of the time my 6th link is the IQ gem (standard).
Mapping feels super smooth that way. Especially combined with the +1 chain and +1 arrow from Deadeye.
So why not use a Rotgut or Sorrow of the Divine flask? Also, how are you keeping TS mana consumption down?

I'm trying a TS Barrage build. Was kicking ass all the way through Kitava. Now I'm getting walled at T5 maps, still trying to get my resists to 75, and save on mana.

Will this build work with TS and Barrage? Would I need to change any passives for it?
Sericus
Last edited by Sericus on Jul 11, 2019, 9:25:09 PM
"
k3nzoboyswag wrote:
Any chance on an updated PoB?

anyone?
"
Sericus wrote:
So why not use a Rotgut or Sorrow of the Divine flask? Also, how are you keeping TS mana consumption down?

I'm trying a TS Barrage build. Was kicking ass all the way through Kitava. Now I'm getting walled at T5 maps, still trying to get my resists to 75, and save on mana.

Will this build work with TS and Barrage? Would I need to change any passives for it?

TS mana consumption can indeed be pretty high, especially when running a 6L. Things I've done to have enough mana:
- Use a lvl 4 enlighten linked to your Hatred/Herald of Ice, or other aura's you're using.
- Voidfletcher gives flat mana on kill
- Assassin's Mark curse ring gives mana on kill
- Make sure you spec into at least 1 mana leech node. More if required.

All in all I have 199 mana unreserved, which is enough for 3 TS. Interesting mechanic is that even if you have no mana for TS, the voidshots will still fire and kill things giving you mana back.

As for the TS/Barrage combo, I've been using that too and works perfectly. Though it may require the +2 TS enchant on helmet to feel really nice. Only difference is you don't use the Ice Shot threshold jewel and don't spec into pierce. TS feels much better with chain. The initial projectile already pierces everything, and the secundary projectiles will chain between enemies.

To optimize dmg for TS chain my advice would be to spec into the Ricochet and Endless Munitions ascendancies. Also, consider using the chain gem in your TS setup. That will actually end up giving you more dmg, because of the ricochet ascendancy. And it's really nice for map clear and bosses that spawn in multiples, because the projectiles keep chaining between the bosses dealing big damage. Big help against Syndicates.

Hope this helps, cheers
Last edited by Fritso on Jul 12, 2019, 4:36:07 AM
"
Fritso wrote:

To optimize dmg for TS chain my advice would be to spec into the Ricochet and Endless Munitions ascendancies. Also, consider using the chain gem in your TS setup. That will actually end up giving you more dmg, because of the ricochet ascendancy. And it's really nice for map clear and bosses that spawn in multiples, because the projectiles keep chaining between the bosses dealing big damage. Big help against Syndicates.

Hope this helps, cheers

I started also using chain and fork gems on my setup due to your earlier comment, and it feels a lot better. Clearing 2 screens worth of mobs in T16 with quite minimal investment. (No GMP/Mirage though.)

What i was wondering though, how does fork work with TS? It forks the small arrows after the initial hit, correct?

Also the other guy mentioned mana problems, i resorted to using a -15 mana cost chest (with Maim, although it's a small boost, pseudo 7L still), otherwise it feels horrible, considering i also use Precision. Depending on luck, crafting the the chest with Serrated/Pristines can end up cheaper than a meta unique.

What annoys me most (about bow builds in general that start on the Ranger side) is the lack of life. I felt i couldn't rely on my evasion, so i opted to using a Taste of Hate for some actual mitigation. (75*0,2=15% phys reduction + the "less cold damage taken" during flask effect, if i calculated it right :D)
Last edited by azuz22 on Jul 12, 2019, 6:06:07 AM
"
azuz22 wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Hope this helps, cheers

I started also using chain and fork gems on my setup due to your earlier comment, and it feels a lot better. Clearing 2 screens worth of mobs in T16 with quite minimal investment. (No GMP/Mirage though.)

What i was wondering though, how does fork work with TS? It forks the small arrows after the initial hit, correct?

Also the other guy mentioned mana problems, i resorted to using a -15 mana cost chest (with Maim, although it's a small boost, pseudo 7L still), otherwise it feels horrible, considering i also use Precision. Depending on luck, crafting the the chest with Serrated/Pristines can end up cheaper than a meta unique.

What annoys me most (about bow builds in general that start on the Ranger side) is the lack of life. I felt i couldn't rely on my evasion, so i opted to using a Taste of Hate for some actual mitigation. (75*0,2=15% phys reduction + the "less cold damage taken" during flask effect, if i calculated it right :D)

Nice to hear the chain and fork also work for you. I find the addition of fork to work amazingly well in Delve, because of the high mob density. And it's easy to switch out Fork for a dmg gem like Added Cold or Hypopthermia if you feel it less usefull in other scenarios.

As for the mechanics of Fork with TS. Your initial hit is unaffected, because is always pierces. Your secundary hit will first fork and then chain. That's why fork is so powerfull.

Let's say you have 6 arrows (1 std +2 Opus +1 Ascendancy + 2 Dying Sun) and are using the +2 TS enchant with +3 chain and no fork. You'd get 6x5=30 secundary arrows, which chain 3 times, so 30 initial hit + 30x3 = 120max amount of hits from secundary projectiles.

Now if we throw in fork, we still have the 30 secundary arrows, but we get 30 on initial hit --> fork = 60 on secundary hit --> 60 x 3 = 180 chains, so 30+60+180 = 270 max possible hits. That's massive AOE.

If we already have an overkill of damage, we could even throw GMP in the mix....you could see the amount of coverage can quickly turn into massive numbers.

This imo is the best map clear setup. Throw in Barrage for single target to instantly dump all 5 voidshots and you've got an extremely well rounded build. The Chain-Fork setup also works really well with Ice Shot. You'll just have a bit less projectiles, but they hit harder because of the AOE explosion and better damage scaling of Ice Shot.

I agree with the life part. I'm sitting at 5.6k like, but still feel squishy. Mostly so in 300+ delves and Guardian/Elder fights. Have you tried Cinderswalow Urn for mapping? It gives a big dmaage boost as well as insane life/mana recovery from kills. Helps a ton in no regen/leech maps too.
Last edited by Fritso on Jul 12, 2019, 7:07:36 AM
One important sidenote for the use of fork with chain though:

The odds of fork projectiles hitting is pure RNG. They do not auto target like chain does. Therefore Fork works best with high mob density where the odds of the forked projectiles hitting a target is high. Because, if the forked projectiles don't hit target, you also don't get the chains.

So, for low mob encounters like bosses that spawn in doubles or triples, such as the Atziri Trio, Uber Elder and others, Fork is not adviced. In this scenario just using chain is super strong, because each projectile will guaranteed flip back and forth between the enemies, dealing massive damage. In those cases it's best to swap the Fork gem for a dmg gem.

For single bosses without adds or anything, just blow em up with barrage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info