[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

"
AllWillFreeze wrote:
I'm trying out this build and I'm starting to hit a snag. I'm not 100% sure about a level setup to get to the point I can start using the Void Fletcher.

Is there a setup/build you used to level up, since my goal for level 64 is starting to get a bit more difficult?

Here's what I used to level

Items:
Helm - Goldrim
Chest - Tabula
Amulet - Karui ward
Belt - Wurms molt for the most part I think - good for str / int requirements and some life
Ring - 2x iron ring
Thief's torment at lv 30
Gloves - I had some Asenath's Gentle Touch lying around, nice for the life + temporal chains on enemies
Boots - Can't remember what I used here Wonderlust maybe

For weapons, I used a 5l silverbranch, which I upgraded with the prophecy when I had the level requirement.
If you can't get a 5l, a 4l is probably fine to level. Shouldn't be too hard to get.

For gems, I used ice shot with lmp, and gmp when I had the level requirement - till I got death's opus, and then I switched back to lmp for faster clearing, along with whatever damage gems I could find - cold damage and added elemental maybe, can't remember.

Looking at your character I can see you're level 55 already, so a large part doesn't apply to you anymore. Once you got Death's opus it should become easier.
I'd say replace hypothermia with lmp if you want more clear on ice shot, since you should have plenty of damage.
Maybe swap that amulet for karui's ward.

"
darklite04 wrote:
Hey all,

First time POE player, having experience playing a DH from D3. I've always been fond of ranged classes in my ARPGs so this was no different.

Just cleared my main storyline, and now farming level 3-5 maps as they drop. Been loving this build, and have a few very very noob questions for the experienced players here. Bear in mind, I'm new to POE and this build as well, so I'll come across as a big idiot.

1. Yes for hatred. Use vaal grace for survivability. Recently swapped it in and it's great.

2. Yes. I leveled higher %qual gems in offhand and used level 20 in the meantime till they leveled up.

3. It gives you a good amount of damage, so if you're struggling with damage, do it if you can. Any character should have all labs done.

4. Personally, I'm waiting for a tree update with more health and hyrri's ire.
But I think hyrri's ire is a good choice. Right now I personally have a decent 6l chest.

5. Get two 5links, upgrade any items you can? I would've checked your character but they're private.
Dying sun if you don't have it yet.
Pandemonius is expensive, but is a very good upgrade. Assasin's mark ring is also decent as it gives power charges, but can also be expensive to craft.

6. Generally, no. If you have low %iq maps, you can probably pick everything up and sell them for alt shards. I usually have a full inv after each map and just dump everything.
Yellows are rolled when they spawn, not when they get ID'd, so technically you could be missing out on perfect rolls, but that's very unlikely.

"
Rykk3r wrote:

1. Yes for hatred. Use vaal grace for survivability. Recently swapped it in and it's great.

2. Yes. I leveled higher %qual gems in offhand and used level 20 in the meantime till they leveled up.

3. It gives you a good amount of damage, so if you're struggling with damage, do it if you can. Any character should have all labs done.

4. Personally, I'm waiting for a tree update with more health and hyrri's ire.
But I think hyrri's ire is a good choice. Right now I personally have a decent 6l chest.

5. Get two 5links, upgrade any items you can? I would've checked your character but they're private.
Dying sun if you don't have it yet.
Pandemonius is expensive, but is a very good upgrade. Assasin's mark ring is also decent as it gives power charges, but can also be expensive to craft.

6. Generally, no. If you have low %iq maps, you can probably pick everything up and sell them for alt shards. I usually have a full inv after each map and just dump everything.
Yellows are rolled when they spawn, not when they get ID'd, so technically you could be missing out on perfect rolls, but that's very unlikely.

Thank you for the reply. I changed my character profile to public (I think) and should be visible now. I'll try and get a 5-link weapon I suppose since that's holding me back a fair bit.

I have not yet put in points in the "Claw" tree - took some movement speed talents yesterday - are those worth it? I'm not sure if there's a cap on passive movement speed (talent points + gear) - and if there is, what % is it?

Dying sun out of budget right now - but I'm looking :)

The priority I charted out right now:
a) Buy +20% gems (any level) for Ice Shot + Tornado Shot and get those up
b) Get a 5-link weapon at least
c) Get a 5/6 link chest or Hyrri's

Please do advise if that's out of whack (since you can now look @ my profile!)

Once again - thank you very much for the reply!
I want to switch over from a regular ice shot barrage build I found on poebuilds YouTube

This looks like it's better than what I'm using but I see the 3.6 gear and some that gear I don't think exists in legion?

I'm a ps4 guy anyway you could so an item break down piece by piece stat for stat?
Hi, I was just wondering something about gear upgrades. I've got approx 3 ex available, and have already got Dying Sun, 2 5links, assmark ring and Mark of the Elder. Between an added cold damage Watcher's Eye and Pandemonius, which is a better choice?
"
ninjax144 wrote:
Hi, I was just wondering something about gear upgrades. I've got approx 3 ex available, and have already got Dying Sun, 2 5links, assmark ring and Mark of the Elder. Between an added cold damage Watcher's Eye and Pandemonius, which is a better choice?

probably the watcher's eye.

Pandemonius overall is better for dps and the blind, but it's also more easily substituted; a rare amulet can do pretty well until you can afford it. It's harder to replace the level of flat cold the watcher's eye gives.
"
Dtgodmage22 wrote:
I want to switch over from a regular ice shot barrage build I found on poebuilds YouTube

This looks like it's better than what I'm using but I see the 3.6 gear and some that gear I don't think exists in legion?

I'm a ps4 guy anyway you could so an item break down piece by piece stat for stat?

i'm not gonna break down every item, it's mostly all pretty self-explanatory. The only pieces from last league that aren't available now are the synthesized boots and helm bases, and those aren't remotely necessary. Looking at my gear from any other league (they're all still listed) will help too.
Very nice build so far, even if I'm just lvl 84 I havent had many issues at tier 14-15 maps. Done a few own changes to it and using Hyrri chest. Overall tho very fun to play so far, I started with a Glad this season but after getting tad bored of it and seeing this in action I'm having fun!

Not much else to say then a solid build ^^

Spoiler

Gear so far, some min-max to do with 6 links and all but feels good. No lack of damage atleast.
Last edited by Zaitar on Jul 6, 2019, 7:25:05 AM
I searched for a ranger build that was fun to play and strong for overall content (not these mapping build with 100 exs investments ahah) and this one offered that pretty well ! The damage is here, the survivability too (We are weak but our defense comes to our freezing/chilling ability and a bit of skillplay involved).

Thanks for that amazing build !

I had one question : I'm kind of lost between 3.6 and older versions of the gems involved in the build ! For most part it is ok, but if I switch for a corrupted hatred mark of the elder, what should I put in my gloves? (only 2 sockets in these) I quite not understand why herald of purity and why herald of ice is not here anymore, is there any reason? or did I read the guide wrong about that? I feel like gems section is 3.3 old :/
Hey, I wanted to make a Void shot build this league. Have you had any content it can't do well? And I mean from a skilled players perspective. Are you your self able to do like uber atziri/legion x5?
"
kiligen86 wrote:

Thanks for that amazing build !

I had one question : I'm kind of lost between 3.6 and older versions of the gems involved in the build ! For most part it is ok, but if I switch for a corrupted hatred mark of the elder, what should I put in my gloves? (only 2 sockets in these) I quite not understand why herald of purity and why herald of ice is not here anymore, is there any reason? or did I read the guide wrong about that? I feel like gems section is 3.3 old :/

Would say it's more of a preference probobly what feels good at the time. Like you can have Hatred, Herald of Ice and Herald of Purity at the same time (not Grace tho then and just use Vaal for the "ultimate" or what you want to call it) if you use Enlighten Support in a 4 link.
Like I have in my gloves now but with Grace instead of Hatred (since survival).

The damage is still there and if you take a say.. Mana node you can probobly place in a lvl 1 Precision as Shppy has on his char (yes, I peaked!) since it just takes 22 mana. I can also but then it would mean I have 44 Mana left and Ice Shot takes 42 Mana on lvl 19 haha.

I skipped the Hatred on ring for the reason I couldnt use Enlighten with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info