Constructive tradeboard discussion

Is there no way for ggg to track xbox users?
So they would know if someone buys his own item?

Yes one xbox can have multiple users but it would require enough effort to possibly rule out some casual fixers.

Anyways instant buyout just would not be a good thing just like forced pricing.
And they wont happen so we need to look at other solutions.
I agree that the likelihood of a Buyout style mechanism being implemented any time soon appears to be zero (not just almost zero, zero). I agree that a pure Buyout likely makes things worse (possibly a lot worse). However, I am not yet prepared to say that there is no form of Buyout that can work.

Buyout could be restricted to currency and maps.
Buyout could be restricted by number of times per day (the multiple account issue comes into play here too)
Buyout could be accompanied by a time lag between purchase and acquisition.
Buyout items could be account bound for a certain period.
Buyout could be [insert new idea].

But I imagine that nothing short of a drastic fall off in user growth or numbers will sway GGG to consider Buyout. I think that GGG really should consider a Buyout format for maps and if no issues are identified, currency too. The current requirement that the seller approve the sale just further restricts the supply of "quickly consumable" items in an already restricted market.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Here is a suggestion for another restricted Buyout mechanism:

Buyout can only be used on items in Standard that are on a Remove Only Tab.

(could also be used in combo with other restricted Buyout mechanisms)
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Soooo is there any reply from the team on auto buyout?
Well.. not directly i think.
But what you can read from between the lines is it wont happen.

I personally dont like the idea.
But something like being able to sell maps etc in bulks and tradeoffers reaching players in different leagues/ladders would improve the board greatly.

Maybe an afk marker would be cool too.
Like if you have open offers that you dont accept/decline in certain amount of time you would be flagged as afk.
Last edited by V3mpa1N on May 16, 2018, 11:44:26 AM
A couple of comments:

You can only legislate against bad behavior up to a certain point, after which your attempts to prevent bad behavior start negatively impacting those who have good behavior...

We have to keep this maxim in mind. How many checks and balances against bad behavior or even "inconvenience" factors can be implemented before they start to negatively effect our play experience? Not many, really. At least, not without breaking GGG's design intentions.

AFK status stuff is meaningless.

Most recent login suggestions "might" be helpful for bidding on items listed by offline players, but don't really solve any serious problem.

Bots and/or dedicated farmers exist. They're not a problem. (In fact, in this current environment, we should be thankful..)

People exploiting the marketplace to make currency exist as an intrinsic part of the marketplace. "Fixing that" might "break" something more valuable.

"Insta-Buyout" won't happen. In fact, a general "Buyout Price" won't happen.

We'll have to face these sorts of issues with a soft-hand, not a heavy one.

However... and here's my one suggestion, just focused on a particular issue:

For items listed by accounts that have not logged in for xx time period, a bid matching the listed price will be awarded the item, automagically. IOW - Offline sale.

Why?

The biggest problem with the XBox marketplace is a lack of items to purchase. "Supply." With greater supply comes a form of competition. But, the population is low on XBox and item availability suffers. How many people have listed items for sale, but aren't online to approve them? Do the searches. And, if they're offline for a few days, how likely is it that they're going to login today?

Those items, even though listed, are effectively "not in the market." They are placeholders for possibilities, not actual merchandise that can be sold. They are economic dead-ends. And, their existence artificially influences the market price without recourse. The market can not respond to them because they don't actually exist as saleable items, yet they can still influence prices despite an "offline toggle." (Considering the amount of decent items, desperate times almost require submitting bids for offline items.)

Decent rares are scarce. Some needed uniques are simply not in the currently active "online" market. And, as the League winds down and some of the better players have already achieved their goals, they may just be waiting for the new league to start, not even bothering with clearing out their saleable inventory. In fact, does anyone do that? Does anyone actually clean out their stash before the League ends? Probably a very rare practice..

IOW: There are limited mechanics that can be put in place to solve certain sorts of issues while staying within G3's design intentions. We can't have auto-buyouts, since that removes an important "choice" opportunity and reduces the "difficulty." And, our most dire problem is the availability of items, not price-fixing or other shenanigans.

But, if someone hasn't logged-in in three days and have vitally needed rares sitting up in the market, unstewarded, with listed prices attached for them, appearing as if they're just waiting to be bought... Well, we need those items active in the market in order to improve market health. Allowing them to be stuck in limbo, influencing the marketplace, wasting the efforts of other players, effectively taking the energy put into acquiring them out of the general economy - These are "Bad Things."

So, to restate in brief: Auto-Buyout for items with listed prices for accounts that have been offline for xx time period if a bid matches or exceeds that listed price. (OR, if such running calcs are too intensive, then "first bid, first win" if it matches/exceeds is fine, too.)

Will people take advantage of that in some way? Youbetcha! But, that's what the marketplace is for, otherwise every item would automatically come with a list price-tag that couldn't be changed.
What I’ve not read or missed it somehow, is that we pay for the privilege to sell items on the trade board, I’m starting to feel like I’ve wasted time and money invested due to a supposedly active trade board, it’s my guess that those items on there that I cannot buy after weeks of trying, just to complete my build, are disinterested people with the same issues we are all still having, I want to play this game and support it too but problems like this is having a detrimental effect on my willingness to invest more into the game.

I love the ease of playing on the Xbox, hated my pc experience, give us some more ease of use/quality of life within the Xbox experience and I’m positive it will thrive.
I've made similar post in the past, less detailes, same concept. That being said the afk idea seems like a nice twist, but a big problem I run into is not being able to notify the buyer im running an uber lab and the offer is almost always rescinded by the time the lab is done. All in all I think the trade board is completely functional the way it is, but wouldn't mind a few more QOL additions. GGG u guys are awesome as usual, cant wait for incursion, though our xbox community might be smaller and not as lpud, we do still love ur game, thanks!

P.s. I feel like I know u noodle_zoo, after endlessly seeing ur name at league starts
A fusion with the pc trade and the xbox trade is possible ?
i mostly agree with everything you said and I'd like it implemented, except for the automatic buyout. obviously it's not up to me, but I'm 99.9% sure that will never happen as GGG have iterated their stance on that like a million times.

if autobuyout is a thing (hopefully not) it would really need to be listed as such on the item you're buying. because how else will i send a portal scroll with a hurtful message about the autistically priced item if it will get automatically vetoed.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
Last edited by rangerDangerr on Jun 13, 2018, 9:41:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info