[3.3] The Grave Digger - Volatile Dead Auto-Miner / All Bosses, All Map Mods

What am I missing?
According to POB I show Trap and Mine support to be a 8k dps average upgrade over controlled destruction including 5% increased crit chance.
Last edited by LegendAlts on Apr 24, 2018, 8:29:00 AM
"
Keyen wrote:
About Farrul, are you sure it's really the good armor for that build?

Is it good? Yes. Is it the definitive best? That'll depend on your tastes. I personally like it for the reasons given in the guide but, as suggested, the choice is somewhat open-ended.

I wouldn't recommend Fenumus' Shroud, though. The ES and ES regen will get punched through by Scold's instantly, you'll miss the armour, you'll miss the raw health, and if running Fevered Mind you'll have issues supporting Aspect of the Spider.

I could definitely see using Aspect of the Spider for a non-Zerphi's version, though. Otherwise, yeah: the reservation actually does matter.

"
LegendAlts wrote:
What am I missing?
According to POB I show Trap and Mine support to be a 8k dps average upgrade over controlled destruction including 5% increased crit chance.

POB doesn't (and can't) give you the whole story.

POB doesn't tell us when damage is essentially overkill and we'd do better to invest elsewhere.
POB doesn't tell us how mapping feels with +/- laying speed.
POB doesn't account for how laying speed relates to orb duration (relevant for pre-boss ramp)
POB can't look at your laying speed and tell you whether it'll amount to, say, one set or two sets of mines between shaper ball volleys.

In short: Trap and Mine Damage looks better, but feels worse. That said, if you're keen to use it: go for it! No one's gonna rush into the room and knock the mouse out of your hand.
"
Please don't take my comments as an attack I was just interested in creating a discussion about the links.
Not taken in that way in the slightest.

"
Trap and Damage is 10% reduced laying speed so we would just need to make up that 10% and it should still be about the same laying speed.

Right, and you could manage some extra laying speed on belt, for example. But for myself, I would take that little bit of extra laying speed and still run c. destruction, understanding how important it is for the build to handle smoothly. But again, you do you. If you have access to a 4-off Farrul's, run with it.

"
I guess the damage really ramps up once you get gems levels high because of the size of the corpses. That's why early on VD doesn't feel all too strong.

VD orb damage is independent of corpse level. There's a dropdown for each damage type (corpse/spell) in POB, so you can play with corpse life there a bit.

"
I want to share this build with others who might not like the VD play style. It looks very versatile since can crit with a variety of spells protected from reflect and Shimmerons lit DoT.

Yeah there's potential for broader application, particularly with any projectile spell. I spent a bit of time with Frostbolt and found it quite fun, but VD makes the most use of CWDT and mine mechanics imo.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 24, 2018, 6:16:12 PM
Why do you don't use Desecrate if you have Dying Sun? You know some alternative support for that slot in Scold's?
"
Tai wrote:
Why do you don't use Desecrate if you have Dying Sun? You know some alternative support for that slot in Scold's?

AOE is nice for the curse. A golem might be usable, though they're a bit of a pain generally.

I use Desecrate because you can end up ahead on mines but behind on corpses if Farrul's eats a Scold's proc.
I managed to kill Uber Elder yesterday, really love the "Batshit damage" for bosses!
I ended up getting a 4G2B Farrul because it was the only available chest on sale.
All done at level 88 and only 5336 hp with a couple deaths but the damage sure makes up for it.
"
phil4Abeer wrote:
I managed to kill Uber Elder yesterday, really love the "Batshit damage" for bosses!

Nicely done! Love hearing the success stories.
Im acutally curious why you use 2 shimmerons? is the damg from scold's alone not enough? what about the Eye of Innocence and using a shield/or another weapon?

Also map clearing is alot faster with detonate dead then with Volatile Dead. Or does this not work with the mines? (mines/traps is totally new for me).

Probably you already explaind, but you use no fire pen, is the -9% res you get on endgame bosses enough?
why not use warlords mark for the mana leech? Then you wont have to use the essence worm.

Im playing hierpohant zepris vd indigon at the moment (ya standard) i love builds that are all connected together, dont popping my zerpis is instant dead, but the one you made looks super cool.
No crit? that confuses me, your pob says VD has a 65% crit chance, you even stacked crit multiple (around 500 %) so where is this for if there is no crit? also all the bonuses from shimmeron wont have any effect if not critical strike :O

Im probably missing something here complely sorry bout that.

Hmz probably the "you have" doesnt count for mines? so the mines do actaully crit :O
Last edited by Wormerveer on Apr 26, 2018, 4:22:31 AM
Last 1 question, would it work to put bodyswap in the boots with unearth + GMP + cast when dmag taken for movement while mapping? or will you not be able to move because the cwdt casts on the same spot? would be super nice for mapping speed, just like with poet's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info