[3.3] The Grave Digger - Volatile Dead Auto-Miner / All Bosses, All Map Mods

How would you run no regen mods?
"
TippityTophat wrote:
How would you run no regen mods?

No regen isn't an issue. Hybrid Flask or Mana Flask, depending on whether you use Fevered Mind.
I really like this build and guide! Very scaleable for different parts of the league and budget (as long as you have a Scold's). I think there is some wiggle room for CWDT setups though, since you're using a 4L for Unearth and also using Desecrate (level 20). VD with Minefield isn't capable of utilizing more than 9 corpses at a time, unless I'm mistaken, and unearth + GMP + Volley + Dying Sun creates 9, making Desecrate redundant. Perhaps a better way to do it would be to link level 1 Desecrate with Spell Cascade to make 15 corpses, and then free up the other CWDT slot entirely?

Also, Flammability does give a bit more -res than Ele Weakness, so if you wanted to replace the level 20 slot with another curse, or have +1 curse somewhere, that would be an option. Shimmeron isn't really adding that much to the overall elemental damage, and Taste of Hate isn't converting any damage either with this setup. Or just try to go big and get ele weakness CoH on gloves. I think Occultist + Saboteur could work well for this build, especially with a Fenumus chest and boots for high ES gain. Maybe CWDT + GMP + Ball Lightning + LGoH (although LGoH doesn't work for ES, the boots do) and that way you won't eat into your life pool so much. Could be a good placeholder for Zerphi's, especially since if you took this route, it would be less flask-focused anyway.

I also really like Predator0220's suggestion about Winterweave. Gotta start thinking about that, too....

I don't have a character leveled for this or I would be giving it a go myself. Might try it soon if the league hasn't burned me out enough already. Overall, I really like what you've done with the Autominer style, and it's got my gears turning :) Cheers!
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Thanks for the feedback, good input. Few thoughts:

"
Ashriel wrote:
VD with Minefield isn't capable of utilizing more than 9 corpses at a time, unless I'm mistaken, and unearth + GMP + Volley + Dying Sun creates 9, making Desecrate redundant.

Assuming Dying Sun, yes, you could swap Desecrate out (dual curse would be a good choice, if you could manage +1 somewhere). I'll mention something to that effect in the guide. You'll run into the Desecrate cooldown if using it as your primary source of corpses, however.

For the purposes of the guide, I've made the assumption that most players won't have Dying Sun. And for myself specifically, I've found that Farrul's Fur will sometimes eat Scold's damage—putting me ahead on mine count, but behind on corpses. Desecrate seems to help with this, though admittedly it can be tough to tell.

"
Also, Flammability does give a bit more -res than Ele Weakness, so if you wanted to replace the level 20 slot with another curse, or have +1 curse somewhere, that would be an option.

The two are identical given 20Q on Elemental Weakness, so Elemental Weakness is just pure upside with Shimmeron.

I can't comment on versions of the build I haven't played, but if you do try out some alternate setup I'm sure others (myself included) would be keen to hear the results.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 18, 2018, 12:09:29 PM
"
kechari wrote:
You'll run into the Desecrate cooldown if using it as your primary source of corpses, however.

Crap. Forgot about that. Looks like if you wanted a solution without Dying Sun, you'd have to have a 5-link to do CWDT + Unearth + GMP + LMP + Volley, or go Deadeye + Snakepit, or Sire of Shards, etc. Yuck.

"
kechari wrote:
The two are identical given 20Q on Elemental Weakness, so Elemental Weakness is just pure upside with Shimmeron.

Ah yes, after checking the wiki again you are correct. If you go dual-curse then it might actually be a bit overkill with the other sources of penetration.

Back to the drawing board!
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
What about doing this with GC mines? Think it would work like that as well?
"
Jaggy123 wrote:
What about doing this with GC mines? Think it would work like that as well?

That would be a substantially different build, so I can't remark one way or the other. The primary advantage of this build over GC mines (apart from life sustain) is the ability to pre-ramp damage.

There are plenty of fine-tuned GC mine builds available—I'd sooner direct you to those instead if you're set on GC.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 18, 2018, 4:31:10 PM
Fair enough. Thank you for the response
Am I seeing this right? 28 balls per cast with the enchant? (7 mines, 4 balls per mine). My cast speed for traps is .9 so that's over 28 balls per second, at 64k damage per ball tooltip (with RF up). Is...is that right? That's insane!
"
Jaggy123 wrote:
Am I seeing this right? 28 balls per cast with the enchant? (7 mines, 4 balls per mine). My cast speed for traps is .9 so that's over 28 balls per second, at 64k damage per ball tooltip (with RF up). Is...is that right? That's insane!

Not quite. Keep in mind that with each placement you are effectively detonating the previous set of mines. The only case in which all 7 mines go off is if Farrul's eats a Scold's proc and the mines have corpses available to them.

Still, it's pretty insane. Good luck getting that enchant, though!
Last edited by kechari on Apr 18, 2018, 8:24:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info