What's your opinion about stat sticks?

"
BundesHeinz wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Physical Attack builds benefit more from standard jewels than from abyss jewels.

I can't understand your point.

Pure phys attack builds don't benefit much from abyss jewels if at all (brutality).

Phys to ele convertion builds benefit by a lot from abyss jewels, much more than from conventional jewels.

Both pure phys (without brutality) and phys convertion attack builds benefit from stat sticks.

And?

Phys to ele conversion build DO NOT benefit more from abyss jewels than normals ones because they don't make use of flat added ele dmg.
Build that use shaper stat-sticks don't get to use crazy abyss jewels. Build that use crazy 100 flat ele dmg abyss jewels don't use shaper stat-sticks.
Counterweight.

Not gonna explain that further. I'm either horrendously mistaken or you just don't get it.

noone cares about maces but you get the point. On ele conversion builds you mostly scale with crit, which scales phys and ele the same way. For ele conversion, you take phys + ele abyss jewel. Your only opportunity cost is a 10% global multi roll on an abyss jewel.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I think they're exploiting a flaw in the design that the developers simply haven't figured out how they want to fix. It makes zero sense from a gaming perspective that you should benefit more from an item that you CAN'T use than one that you can.

They might never fix it. They might think it's cute. I think it makes their game look silly and is an embarrassment.

It hurts me to say this, but I agree with you 100%.

While the idea of stat sticks can be found in several games, the idea is stupid - especially when it comes to attacking builds. I can "understand" having a magic wand in your offhand that enhances your spells in addition to your main hand. But attacks? The fact that you get more attacking power with a low DPS weapon with certain mods, than a GG DPS weapon? Just BS.

This said, I am playing a DW Sunder - with a certain Shaper rare in my offhand - with a million DPS. Fun? Yes. But stupid. As it stands, there's not even one good reason to go with a two-hander these days, if you don't want to handicap yourself on every front.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Phys to ele conversion build DO NOT benefit more from abyss jewels than normals ones because they don't make use of flat added ele dmg.

Only pure phys builds with stat stick conversion on top (because why not, it's free) don't benefit much from abyss jewels.

You may be confused of what a "conversion build" is. In PoE, by this term players usually define a build which utilizes the converted portion of the overall damage, or at least heavily support it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Stat sticks arent that bad... I mean a 3 stat one is ridiculous but two stats feels right.
The elemental conversion builds have been top dog for a while, stat sticks just help keep them meta.
Its not so op that it makes everything else bad though, plenty of build diversity out there.
The most insane damage numbers by far can be seen in the Ranger section of the forum, elemental projectile attack-based. Not statsticks.

As far as early league budget starters and bosskiller builds go, it's miners, totems, summoners.

The type of build which uses statsticks is actually a bit subpar, all things considered. Still good, of course, and I enjoy playing dual wielders.

So, what would happen if they nerfed statsticks? The selection of strong, viable builds would decrease, more people would migrate to the other top-tier builds, the whining would get redirected to them, they'll probably eat the nerf hammer too down the line, something else will get buffed to fill the void, and the circle will be closed, and...

“The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.”
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 12, 2018, 9:45:22 AM
They shouldn't be "nerfed"... they should be removed entirely. Mods similar to the ones on the stat sticks should appear on shields or weapons that could be used by the skill in question. The idea of "stat stick" should never have come up.
From a suspension of disbelief point, I get it.

Although, if we go there, there should be no dual wielding to begin with. The entire concept of dual wielding is preposterous from a martial arts perspective. The closest you can get to it is some rapier and dagger styles where the offhand dagger is mostly used for parrying.

Also, having a weapon in each hand doesn't magically make everything better. No. It makes your hits worse in terms of coordination and speed and pretty much everything if you're actually trying to use both weapons offensively.

If you go that route and bring it to its logical conclusion, all dual wielding the way it's handled in RPGs should be removed. Sword/mace/axe + some sort of shield or two-handed weapons only.

p.s. also, the guys in heavy plate with the big two-handers would wipe the floor with everything else, it wouldn't be even close.

p.p.s. that's why we have fantasy games
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 12, 2018, 10:15:31 AM
"
torturo wrote:
Stat sticks are definitely OP, combined with the improved by recent patches ele damage (jewels, items, skill tree support).

Expect stat sticks heavily nerfed in near future. This applies to any intentionally OP features specially designed to serve as play toys for the masses with the intention to keep them online for longer.

Nope, they just made shield throw to take full advantage of shaper sticks, along with the shield throw mtx. They're here to stay
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
Bars wrote:
The most insane damage numbers by far can be seen in the Ranger section of the forum, elemental projectile attack-based. Not statsticks.

As far as early league budget starters and bosskiller builds go, it's miners, totems, summoners.

The type of build which uses statsticks is actually a bit subpar, all things considered. Still good, of course, and I enjoy playing dual wielders.

So, what would happen if they nerfed statsticks? The selection of strong, viable builds would decrease, more people would migrate to the other top-tier builds, the whining would get redirected to them, they'll probably eat the nerf hammer too down the line, something else will get buffed to fill the void, and the circle will be closed, and...

“The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.”

I agree.
... nothing
They're too sticky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info