What's your opinion about stat sticks?

My guess is they will make worms immune to all ailments.

And statsticks are dumb. But the most OP meta thing is always dumb in commparison to the rest.
Which is why it´s called meta. Statsticks would just get replaced by something else that we would then complain about.

Thematically it is stupid though.
2Hander should hit harder, Shield users should have more defense.

In the current state of the game the dual wielder gets defense thats slightly beneath a shield user,
but still pretty good, and the dual wielder gets more dmg than the 2 Hander.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Apr 19, 2018, 7:56:20 PM
Delete them. No seriously, delete them.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Delete them. No seriously, delete them.

Why? Melee is actually half decent now, a statstick nerf would just make it trash again. Do you enjoy playing garbage builds or something?

They should just bake the damage in if its necessary (which it isn't for some skills but definitely isn't for others)

Its a typical GGG fix, lazy and only works for a few skills so squeezing the skills down again. I'm fairly certain they are earmarked for nerf though as far as i can tell GGG deliberately introduce broken shit leave it for 3 leagues then gut it so they should still be here next league and then the one after they will be like "oh guys we just found out statsticks are broken AF, nerfing now we listen K?>"

:p
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Apr 20, 2018, 4:23:39 AM
They are that broken which is why so many people use them, it isn't really that hard to roll a double mod one as for whatever reason GGG didn't make the 40% of phys as extra fire/cold/light that rare, its far more currency intensive to actually roll a weapon to use it with than it is to actually get a decent double statstick.

I'd have liked it better if when they introduced the extra damage mods they'd fixed fake dual wield and had it be an extra avenue to roll a good weapon, so for example if you had a tyrannical+ flaring rare in order to be really swag it generally need hybrid phys/accuracy, instead with the elder/shaper mods it could roll extra cold or extra fire which ups the odds slightly.

Instead we've got everyone running around with offhand tosh and yeah you could use deaths hand for ages but it isn't anything like as good as a genuine stat-stick, neither is tempestuous steel.
Le sigh.

And so with the nerf of the stat stick, which is clearly coming in the next release, and the further buff of ranged skills, the game returns to the eff you melee place it was not very long ago.

I've had fun, Sunder, I really have. It was nice knowing you.

Some more logical scaling of 2H vs 1H vs defense from shields would be more desirable as already mentioned. But balance of melee in this game has long been a meme. And when melee became too powerful, look at this long thread looking to bring it back to shit tier.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Apr 20, 2018, 11:30:46 AM
Let´s not claim that Stat Sticks are a buff to melee.
They are a buff to dual wielding with like 2 or 3 skills that don´t use the offhand.
That´s hardly the entire portion of melee.

I´ll say it again, it´s retarded from a thematic point of view, that 2handers don´t hit harder
than dual wielders. Dual wielders get all the perks, and have no downside anymore.
THey get the block, they get the speed and they get 3 possible Auras for free.
That´s dumb and you know it, even if you like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info