[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

Is there a skill tree that is current up its showing a 3.2 skill tree for me.
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Dying__Lights wrote:
So Ball Lightning Trap is not as good as Lightning Spire?

Don't you think Spire would not be useful on highly mobile bosses like Minotaur or Phoenix?

I tested Ball Lightning Traps now. They are more damage than Arc, but by a very small amount, not really worth using. It might be better if you have a lot of Trap Trigger Radius and they actually aim at the boss, but in ant case, Lightning Spire is far more damage.

i'm using BL trap on a glove with slower and trap support, and i have literally deleted every boss, plus as i can spam BL trap i got + regen with tinker. So for me is way too good.
"
tophat05 wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Dying__Lights wrote:
So Ball Lightning Trap is not as good as Lightning Spire?

Don't you think Spire would not be useful on highly mobile bosses like Minotaur or Phoenix?

I tested Ball Lightning Traps now. They are more damage than Arc, but by a very small amount, not really worth using. It might be better if you have a lot of Trap Trigger Radius and they actually aim at the boss, but in ant case, Lightning Spire is far more damage.

i'm using BL trap on a glove with slower and trap support, and i have literally deleted every boss, plus as i can spam BL trap i got + regen with tinker. So for me is way too good.

I have no doubt it works well, I've tried it. It's just that once my DPS with Arc was good enough, I didn't feel the need.

Some gear upgrades:

Mark of the Shaper adds a massive amount of damage, but it's hard to get an Elder Essence Worm.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 18, 2018, 7:31:17 PM
To clarify, you use vaal righteous fire, but not normal righteous fire? correct? so the combo is something like vaal arc, vaal righteous fire, spam normal arc as much as possible, then repeat?
"
namad wrote:
To clarify, you use vaal righteous fire, but not normal righteous fire? correct? so the combo is something like vaal arc, vaal righteous fire, spam normal arc as much as possible, then repeat?

Just so.

Or more commonly, forget I have them and just spam Arc.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Hey Cantrip,

Thanks for posting a fun build! Been having a great time this league with it.

I had a question about gear:
At this point, would you recommend getting the trap gloves? It seems better to just run with 6L Arc and buy some cheap rares.
Last edited by metrenome on Jun 22, 2018, 8:13:38 AM
"
metrenome wrote:
Hey Cantrip,

At this point, would you recommend getting the trap gloves? It seems better to just run with 6L Arc and buy some cheap rares.

The "throw an additional trap" modifier is a global one. That means it works even if your Trap is on your chest.

Best of luck :)

"
metrenome wrote:
Hey Cantrip,

The "throw an additional trap" modifier is a global one. That means it works even if your Trap is on your chest.

Best of luck :)

So assuming im still using the base build (meaning im using ball lightning trap as my boss killer) what helm enchant should i go for seems how slower ball lightning projectile has been removed?

I was thinking additional projectile with ball lightning....
Last edited by Twelvepack on Jun 22, 2018, 11:34:10 AM
"
Twelvepack wrote:
So assuming im still using the base build (meaning im using ball lightning trap as my boss killer) what helm enchant should i go for seems how slower ball lightning projectile has been removed?

I was thinking additional projectile with ball lightning....

Either that, or +1 power charge. (corruption)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info