Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Hi guys. Im not really satisfied with my damage. What can I do next to improve it? Thank you for your time.

-Remove Bodyswap for Combustion
-Remove Cast When damage Taken and Immortal Call. This will kill your Endurance charges all the time which means, significantly less damage and defence. It is not worth it.
-Your attack rate or Attack Speed is at 3.53 max (if you are full on Frenzies), try to bring it up to 3.7-3.75 using the quality on the Faster Attacks, GMP gems etc
-IMPORTANT: Your fire res is not the highest uncapped so you lose a lot of Penetration from the Wise Oak. Fix it quickly.
-Buy and use an Atziri's Promise flask. Huge help as usual (damage, chaos res which is a must in the Incursion league, Leech!)
-You are not using Bubonic Trails boots. Hence, you are missing 28-29% of additional damage then.
-You are missing a jewel socket which you will get at Lv91

Your damage is close to 39k fully buffed which is more than enough man. Why are you not satisfied really?!

Maybe I missed something which someone else can see also.

10/10 Would recommend this build. Currently 93 and have been able to smash through just about all content.

I have a few thoughts. This build without Xoph's Blood would probably be underwhelming, though I haven't even tried because that was one of my first purchases upon hitting level 70. I could definitely see a rare amulet or shaped/elder amulet doing the job, but I'd guess a high end one would be just as costly as Xoph's. The build is expensive because of this and jewels, we are using RF jewels so we are dealing with some of the most expensive jewels in the game. Additionally, without leech from Watcher's eye it can be pretty dangerous as well.

Two. Screw reflect and screw the Volatile dead ball AI. This build can 1shot itself in labs/Atziri and there is nothing you can do to stop the balls from auto-seeking the reflect targets, which is infuriating. Otherwise this is just about the only thing that can kills us.

Third. This build is fun as all hell when you throw in body swap for mapping and there is little to no concern of accidentally killing yourself on the wrong pack of mobs because you are so tanky.

One final thought... The Attack Speed/Cooldown ratio is very awkward to figure out to avoid skipping casts, but its well worth the struggle. The CDR belts are insanely expensive in Incursion SC so I would recommend people min-max around not having one or craft your own.

tl;dr - Fun as hell, tanky as hell, all content viable (except content that can reflect you)
"
n3wtonapple wrote:
Hey man, I see that you take your posts seriously so I decided to give you my feedback on how you went about it with your changes:

thanks for your response! single res jewels felt like a big waste if they aren't dual res, but i suppose if that's exactly what you need to tweak wise oak's it's good. i didn't really think single res jewels would make it to res cap and yeah, you're right in that it also doesn't have to be all res, single/dual res is usually good enough. didn't realize single/dual res single damage jewels were so cheap as i went with rare boots right off the bat. though to be fair you can also get deals if you leave up live search or just regular search every now and then in general for double dmg + %life, typically like 50 chaos or 40, and with the infrequent 10 chaos sellers. i think when i made that reply i did a quick search and found some for like 40-50 chaos with one dude selling at 10. my jewel advice does seem to be more expensive considering you need six of them, but slamming %life and two dmg mod jewels is a lot more fun since they're pretty good already (though rarely does it turn out well, and yeah i know it's pretty unrelated to the build itself just thought i'd add this in).

i wasn't too concerned about dropping bubonics since my main goal was killing uber elder and you don't really use it on that fight plus i wasn't concerned about mapping clear time in general because i didn't use bodyswap much, mainly just walked around out of laziness for swapping gems. i don't know the exact numbers, but for mapping the flammability curse seemed to do pretty well as a bandaid for not having bubonics in maps. the extra aoe from dropping unyielding is a shame but seemed to be good enough clear speed/damage without it.

i really don't need 4 links for a cwdt curse setup, you're right, but i don't really know what i'd do with the extra sockets/links if i cut it down. rf doesn't appeal to me since it cuts the regen by a lot and we can't really use an extra aura on top of hatred/herald of ash/purity of ice.

and yeah, as gloves really aren't necessary considering i don't have a cooldown recovery belt but i didn't realize that at the time i made the purchase. i was fine capping res without tri res gloves and i suppose you could say i "saved" currency on gcps by not having to quality my attack speed gems but that's a minor victory if one at all. didn't think about ele weakness, good tip, but i don't really want to screw up my res totals by changing gloves when it's all fixed now and i'm not really concerned about upgrading gear anymore since i've killed uber elder

all in all, you're probably right in that i spent more currency than others since i dropped unyielding and tried to make up for that damage, and i'll most likely stop recommending it but i don't regret with how i adjusted the build. i like how it turned out, but it might not be wise to tell others to do it

at least i have 64% movespeed on the uber elder fight i guess and since i didn't really use bodyswap much, made running through maps slightly faster and also can't be stunned or slowed on maps for whatever that's worth (esp useful if you're too lazy to chug anticurse flask for temp chains). thanks for your insight! and don't worry, no offense or anything like that was taken. i do appreciate your input on the adjustments i did!

forgot to add, yes it seems i do pay more for jewels, but i also dodge the pricey 2 socket bubonics and don't need to think about changing my jewels/res if i want to balance wise oaks with both kaoms and bubonics
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jul 16, 2018, 9:46:53 PM
"
"
micky21768 wrote:
the build looks amazing but i wanna know how expensive it is.

30ex+ if you want it feel good

with 30 exa will i be able to do what the vid show?
seems that the PoB link is dead. It says the link is invalid. Anyway seems a good build if u could
just udate the link plz
Has anyone killed Uber Elder with this build yet? Ive ripped 2 sets so far but it seems very much doable . It was my first time trying Uber elder.
"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Has anyone killed Uber Elder with this build yet? Ive ripped 2 sets so far but it seems very much doable . It was my first time trying Uber elder.

I killed uber elder on my first try ever with this build, last week. Did it with kaom's roots boots with +1 endurance charge corruption. (cheap)

Normally I just use 1 abyssal bubonic trail with +1 endurance charge corruption. (also cheap) Works wonders.
IGN: SugoiNL
"
SugoiNL wrote:
I killed uber elder on my first try ever with this build, last week. Did it with kaom's roots boots with +1 endurance charge corruption. (cheap)

Normally I just use 1 abyssal bubonic trail with +1 endurance charge corruption. (also cheap) Works wonders.

Oh, forgot Doryani's Invitation exists :D Very nice option for some damage and leech - good catch. God damn it's good.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Jul 17, 2018, 8:02:31 PM
Looked into a budget setup - seems solid. What you guys think?
"
dvs_m0rph wrote:
"
SugoiNL wrote:

Oh, forgot Doryani's Invitation exists :D Very nice option for some damage and leech - good catch. God damn it's good.

Yeah, fire doryani's is a good budget option. Without an elder amulet or watcher's eye, it gives only a little bit of leech ofcourse. But still better than nothing, when still grinding to get the gear.
I used doryani's + rare fire leech amulet for a long time, and it worked fine. Now I keep doryani's for the damage boost.

Some other tips;

Drop frenzy charges
Personally, I found that frenzy charges mess with attack speed too much. I found it easier and more consistent to just grab regular attack speed from gear and tree. (For example, art of gladiator passive. walk there via life cluster)
I replaced the frenzy charges with power charges, which gives much more consistent elemental overlead dmg. (and even opens the way for crit multi stacking)
My attack skill: power siphon + faster attacks + blood magic
-> power siphon gives culling strike, so add increased item rarity for some mf
-> add 20% gmp for 10% increased attack speed
-> keep 3link and add enduring cry if you need an extra socket for running a curse

Xoph's blood alternative
For (sort of) budget, replace xoph's blood with a fire impresence and run quality ele weakness aura. Much cheaper.

Easy extra dps
- run lv2 cwdt + ele weakness
- get soms gloves with "applies level x elemental weakness" corrupted mod

Atziri / Uberlab / Reflect content
- replace volatile dead with detonate dead. Now you can precisely choose which target to attack, without too much dps loss.
IGN: SugoiNL
Last edited by SugoiNL on Jul 18, 2018, 4:11:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info