Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

Hey OP!

I have a desire to make a new char., and i picked your nice pp build. But can you make some leveling notes? Tree for example.

Thx a lot.
¯\_(◉◡◔)_/¯
I've killed minotaur in a no regen map. But he's all phys so immortal call makes him a joke. Can just afk kill him with molten shell or something haha.

The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
Is it possible for any of you that know this build to give some tips on how to make tweak it for solely doing uber elder? Also, bonus points if you can suggest what you all did to farm up xp in maps, I cant imagine this build is that efficient at mapping and I am happy to transfer over to it after I am leveled.
Hey guys. Сan anyone can check my profile and give advice? Catastrophically there is no damage. On the red Elder I protect the Shaper barely. I changed a little tree, before that I couldn't protect Shaper at all. On Uber Elder, the arena kills me, puddles from the Shaper and Elder's minions cover the whole arena and give strong degen. Will blood Xorn + combussion give enough damage? Оr enchantment? Xorn costs 11 ex, enchantment 6.5 ex. Crazy! :/
so I am wondering if you all could help me figure out if I got to say level i dunno 90, 91ish what skills could I sacrifice if I was looking to farm uber elder.
Wrecking thru maps... this build is awesome. How ever I encountered Chimera and first phase was funny. But when his minions start rolling out of cages they one shot me. Stupid snakes. I see you in your video had goats. Guess these are random... anyway can you look at my gear pls?

"
drumcorp1986 wrote:
Wrecking thru maps... this build is awesome. How ever I encountered Chimera and first phase was funny. But when his minions start rolling out of cages they one shot me. Stupid snakes. I see you in your video had goats. Guess these are random... anyway can you look at my gear pls?

Its not random, the snakes do heavy chaos damage so either get some chaos res or kill them faster at a distance :P
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
I have been looking for a fun boss killer build to go alongside my other character, but I'm a bit of a noob still so some levelling tips such as levelling gear, skills and tree would be appreciated.
Last edited by Ovenschotel on Jul 2, 2018, 9:23:44 AM
"
foster21 wrote:
Is it possible for any of you that know this build to give some tips on how to make tweak it for solely doing uber elder? Also, bonus points if you can suggest what you all did to farm up xp in maps, I cant imagine this build is that efficient at mapping and I am happy to transfer over to it after I am leveled.

dvs_m0rph specifically states at the start of his first post that this build was planned as a boss killer, specifically for uber elder. i personally went with the rare boots route to dodge all res on jewels and grabbed 2 dmg mod jewels with %life, but maybe getting 1 or 2 dmg + % life + all res isn't as expensive now, it's been a while since i've looked at jewels. i dropped unyielding and picked up unstoppable for uber elder/general mapping since i can't throw on kaoms without dropping res or the extra sockets i want. i saw someone else use cwdt/flammability/ball lightning/curse on hit and threw that on my boots, works out pretty well but less effective for bosses. i'm not sure if the null portals or adds on uber elder have boss defence or not, but that setup still helps for mapping anyways.

mapping is fine, it's not insanely fast like lightning warp/arc inpulsa but throw on a good quicksilver or two or just use bodyswap and you're fine. not sanic fast but good enough imo

"
igos87 wrote:
Hey guys. Сan anyone can check my profile and give advice? Catastrophically there is no damage. On the red Elder I protect the Shaper barely. I changed a little tree, before that I couldn't protect Shaper at all. On Uber Elder, the arena kills me, puddles from the Shaper and Elder's minions cover the whole arena and give strong degen. Will blood Xorn + combussion give enough damage? Оr enchantment? Xorn costs 11 ex, enchantment 6.5 ex. Crazy! :/

you've got two culling strikes equipped for some reason, one with frenzy the other with unearth. your jewels don't really have much damage and i don't think projectile dmg affects volatile dead as i don't see that tag on the vd gem (only has spell, aoe, fire tags). you can get a good amount of damage from jewels but they're very pricey, especially if you go 1 or 2 dmg mods + %life + all res. you already have a leech watchers eye so you can throw in a ngamahus tiki amulet for some decent stats + extra fire dmg and it's cheap if you can't afford a xoph's. throw combustion in place of the culling strike with your unearth/gmp in your pen and combustion will help with single target damage.

the degen issues are simply leech more or don't stand in the degen puddles from the adds. you can leech back your life really fast with just the watchers eye on a good roll as long as you keep attacking/throwing out balls. also kill the minions faster so get more damage.

and to top it off, yes, you need the vd destroys 1 more corpse enchant on helmet, dvs_m0rph says it's huge and he's absolutely right. it's huge.

combustion with gmp/unearth. helm enchant. damage on jewels. ngamahu's tiki amulet can last until you do uber elder, i used a tiki for everything (mapping, lab farming) and only had enough for a xoph's when i got to uber elder. wrap those up and your damage should be better

"
foster21 wrote:
so I am wondering if you all could help me figure out if I got to say level i dunno 90, 91ish what skills could I sacrifice if I was looking to farm uber elder.

i'm not sure what you mean, skills as in skill gems or points you can shave off on the passive tree?

"
drumcorp1986 wrote:
Wrecking thru maps... look at my gear pls

not op but imo not much damage on jewels, also not sure why you don't have conc effect/vd/ele focus on your last linked pen but maybe it's because you're missing helm enchant? not really sure if throwing on gmp is better or if gmp works at all when linked with vd, but i could be wrong. usually you want gmp/unearth/body swap (maps) or combustion (bosses) and then vd/conc effect/ele focus. guide on the first page says to throw culling in to replace gmp on frenzy helmet link if you want culling strike. but if everything is working fine for you then go keep on truckin. the helmet enchant would be a big boost for you though.

also path of building when i mark everything (maybe im missing a buff) shows cold res being the highest, make sure fire res is your highest for wise oak so fire dmg penetrates enemy res

"
Ovenschotel wrote:
I have been looking for a fun boss killer build to go alongside my other character, but I'm a bit of a noob still so some levelling tips such as levelling gear, skills and tree would be appreciated.

not sure how op intends for us to level, but use whatever until 12 for poets pens and then at 20 grab an astramentis for stats to level gems and i went north on the tree first. i picked up hp nodes when i felt like i needed it but more or less went north for the int + damage + some hp nodes so when i was 67/68 i could throw on most of the gear and not be starved for int when i took off the astramentis. not sure if that was efficient but it worked for me. i used unearth/vd which honestly kinda sucked until i picked up gmp but it's poet's pens so just use whatever you want to faceroll the content really. tabula/goldrim/wanderlust if you want to throw in extra sockets to level up your gems as well; just basic levelling uniques.

if i'm mistaken in any of my responses please let me know and i'll be sure to edit it and all of these are just in my opinion; i obviously can be very wrong!
Last edited by thegame42069 on Jul 2, 2018, 12:59:06 PM
"
not op but imo not much damage on jewels, also not sure why you don't have conc effect/vd/ele focus on your last linked pen but maybe it's because you're missing helm enchant? not really sure if throwing on gmp is better or if gmp works at all when linked with vd, but i could be wrong. usually you want gmp/unearth/body swap (maps) or combustion (bosses) and then vd/conc effect/ele focus. guide on the first page says to throw culling in to replace gmp on frenzy helmet link if you want culling strike. but if everything is working fine for you then go keep on truckin. the helmet enchant would be a big boost for you though.

also path of building when i mark everything (maybe im missing a buff) shows cold res being the highest, make sure fire res is your highest for wise oak so fire dmg penetrates enemy res

yeah, my jewels sucks a bit, that's true.

i have pen with conc effect/vd/ele focus. followed guide step by step...

helm with enchant is coming, need to sell more stuff for exalts and then i'll buy it!

my res are:

fire 113
cold 85
lightning 58

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info