[3.5 Champion] g00fy_goober's Physical Reave/Bflurry (Easily Clear All Content)

STREAM: If you have any questions about the build, would like to show your support, or just want to chat it up about POE, other games, anime, books, music or w/e else, come check out my stream: twitch.tv/goof1313

ALWAYS READ THIS FIRST!!
ChangeLog
3.5 - Stat sticks and dual wielding got owned (with offhand weapons that are unusable with your main skill). Might be better options but for now seems like dual wielding decent dps claws is the way to go.

3.4 - Completely changed things around from farruls/aspect... Now build is more optimized and 100x better. Damage changed from like 3.8 mill bladeflurry to like 7 mill, little bit more hp, new herald added, diff gem setups, tombifsts put in, diff passive tree pathing, blood rage added.

3.3 - Only change here is I would 10000000% use Vaal Reave instead of reave now as its a free slot and gives both gems. Increased stack size for no tradeoff what so ever.

Intro
When I look for "Top Tier" in a build I have many requirements that must be met. I want a build that can clear ALL content (maps/shaper/lab/atziri + ubers etc). It must be fun and engaging, not cost an extraordinary amount of currency, and have the ability to be a league starter with the ability to do all content later on as you upgrade and invest into your character. On top of this it must have fast movement or move skills and not have to worry about any weird issues that ruin builds for me (such as running out of mana, dying in one hit, not lacking in single target capability, etc.)

All in all finding a build that suits me and has all of these things can really be a tall order to fill. Luckily I have perfected the second build in my series that fits all the criteria... the reave/bflurry physical champion build which fits me just as perfectly! Hope you all enjoy!

Pros
Very fun and engaging build to play
Demonic Reave MTX looks amazing!
Very fast pace build
Incredible movement speed with whirling blades
Very decent aoe clear
One of the best single target gems in the game
Great evasion/dodge/dmg reduction
Free 100% accuracy with ascendancy class
Free fortify on 100% of time
Stun immune
Can do almost all map mods (avoid any reflect phys OR ele)
Able to do all content (all maps, uber atziri, all labs, shaper and guardians, elder, uber elder)
Amazing defensive capabilities
Easy/Cheap to gear with room for lots of improvements as you get more currency

Cons
Ele Reflect OR Phys Reflect maps are NOT possible
Can not leech maps are NOT possible
Can be decently expensive to fully min/max yourself for end game gear

Quick Leveling Guide

- Cleave can be used to level the entire way until level 38 when you get multistrike. 4 Link it when you can with onslaught, melee physical damage, and Maim.

- Set up a 4 link Blade flurry for single target with melee phys dmg, conc effect, ele dmg with attacks.

- Use any 1 hand rare weapon with the most flat phys dmg on it. Crit/Attack speed don't matter much at this point though I hate slow weapons personally. Base does not matter at all here either. Claws, Swords, Daggers w/e is fine while EARLY leveling. Once you need leech, you need to have a claw for soul raker passive.

- Use ornament of the east claw as soon as you can and upgrade to bloodseeker claw as soon as you can after that.

- For armor pieces (helm/chest/boots/gloves etc) just try to get a good amount of res and any life you can.

- Use a mana flask until your mana leech is good enough to sustain your skill. Especially for boss fights in which you will run out of mana quickly.

- If it is not the start of a league elreon jewelry while leveling is wonderful. Along with your normal leveling uniques such as: Goldrim, wanderlust, tabula etc.

DPS/Defense

DPS In hideout with just Auras/Golem (Reave):

DPS in hideout with just Auras/Golem (Bflurry):

Defense screenshot:

Gear
Current gear on Delve league. No abyssus because its really bad for delves.

Gear breakdown & Stat Prioritization

Helm
Abyssus is the only way to go. The % extra physical damage taken you want the LOWEST (40% if possible), then comes global crit multi, then the attributes, really wish this puppy had life.
*NOTE* For delve league swapped abyssus for a pseudo 6l shaper helm, only because of it being how league worked and pushing depth levels.

Weapon
Claw is 100% mandatory for this build. Can use swords/daggers to early level with, but as soon as you need to leech life/mana and you start picking up claw nodes on tree, claw will be required.

Base: Best base is imperial claw.

Stats: High Phys Dmg > Attack Speed > Crit Chance > Crit Multi.
Start Claws: Ornament of the east works all the way up until you can use bloodseeker. Bloodseeker will carry you for all your content until you get a good 350+ pdps claw with crit and attack speed.

Stat Stick
Stat sticks are crazy good ever since shaper/elder items became a thing. I would aim for 2x phys dmg as extra xxxx damage that are 30%+ and try to craft global crit multi on it. The amount of damage this adds is utterly insane.

*IMPORTANT NOTE* You have to make sure that your stat stick is a basetype that does NOT work with reave (axe/scepter) if you get a sword for example, reave will alternate hands when it attacks. Getting a base that is not used with reave make it only use your main hand weapon.

Chest
Loreweave is BiS here. High phys damage + crit + life + high res + ele damage are all important.

Gloves
Tombfists is the only way to go. Such great gloves with 2 decent abyss jewels + free 10% more multiplier with intimidate.

Boots
Good rare pair of boots is the best option here. Whirling blades is used for 99% of your movespeed. So in actuality movespeed on boots matters very little if at all. I like to get a bit just because if I click to pick up item or something I move normally for a second or two. Two Toned base is also a very good idea for even more res.

Stats: High life > Tri Res > Movespeed

Belt
Another Good rare piece is the best bet here. Easy to get remaining resistances and super high life & elemental damage with attacks. Even though we are a physical build, with hatred + herald + stat stick adding ele dmg to us, we do quite a bit of ele dmg as well. Stygian Vise is the best choice but can be very expensive. HEADHUNTER is great on this build and you are more than welcome to use it if you want to spring for one, or get lucky.

Stats: Highest life possible > EDWA > Finish Resistances you need > Strength > Flask stuff

Jewelry
Jewelry is to fill out as much dmg and the rest of ur defensives as you can. Really good pieces can get really expensive. The good thing is that with belly + rare gloves/boots + Passives you should already have a good chuck of your resistances filled out. Steel ring base is the best you can get especially with a double phys roll. Lapis/Onyx/agate/citrine base for ammy would be best. You need some int for gems, personally agate is my favorite.

Stats: Phys dmg > Life > Any remaining resistances > Crit/Crit Multi (Ammy only) > EDWA

Jewels

Watcher's eye crit hatred can be very expensive and not 100% required but is almost like running a free Increased crit strikes gem, it is amazing the amount of damage it adds.

Rare jewels should ALWAYS have life % on them and then w/e dmg mods you can get. Note that the ranges of some mod rolls can be higher than others. For example... flat attack speed rolls 3-5%, attack speed while holding a shield rolls 4-6%, attack speed with claws/swords/daggers rolls 6-8%. Because of this, attack speed with claws would be the best attack speed roll you can get. So a 100% perfect rolled jewel would be: 7% life, 15% crit multi with one handed melee weapons, 8% increased attack speed with claws, 12% Global crit multi.

Some good mods on jewels would be:

Prefixes
- Maximum life (5-7%)
- Attack speed with one handed melee weapons (4-6%)
- Attack speed with claws (6-8%)
- Crit multi with one handed melee weapons (15%-18%)

Suffixes
- Global crit multi (9-12%)
- Increased damage (8-10%)
- Attack speed (3-5%)
- Crit multi with one handed melee weapons (12-15%)

One last note, crit chance is not terrible, but best to avoid on jewels it rolls to low to compare with other mods.

Gems & Links

Helmet 4L setup for reave (use for leveling 38+): Vaal Reave - Multistrike - Melee Phys Dmg - Inc AOE

Body Armor 4L setup for blade flurry: Blade Flurry - Melee Phys Dmg - Maim - Conc Effect
5L EDWA
6L Ele Focus

3L Setup: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic
3L Setup: CWDT (lvl 1) - Immortal Call (lvl 3) - Increased Duration
4L Setup: Hatred - Herald of Purity - Herald of Ash - Enlighten 3 (4 is better)
2L Setup: Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Blood Rage/Portal

Flasks

Crit Chance with Diamond Flask
In general your crit chance should be around 70% (80% if you have farruls fur and 3 power charges) based on your gear. Here is a nifty little table that explains it better than I ever could:

No No Map Mods
- Ele/Phys Reflect is by far the worst. Especially now that instant leech does not exist with the nerfed VP. Do NOT run either of these
- No Leech is a bad idea, you have to rely on life flask for all healing and deal with almost no mana ever.
- Temp Chains maps are possible but I cannot stand them. Unless it is the very start of a league I will roll over temp chains every single time without fail. Anything that makes me slower is terrible!

Enchants
Gloves - NONE! Spiked Gloves implicit is best you can get. If you do not have Spiked gloves then get w/e you want.

Boots - Two-Toned boots are one of my favorites if you can find a good pair, the extra resists really help. Leech/increased attack + cast speed are both good ones too but only work if you have killed RECENTLY (within last 4 seconds) so does not work with single target + bosses which is by far the most important.

Helm - 40% increased blade flurry damage.

Bandit

Help Alira for the 5 mana regen/s, 15 to all resists, and 20% crit multi

Ascendancy Points

Unstoppable Hero > Fortitude > Conqueror > Worthy Foe

Pantheon

Minor God - Shakari. I simply like the reduced chaos dmg, caustic cloud dmg, and immune to poison.

Major God - Sould of Solaris is the one I run. Reduced Ele dmg, additional phys dmg reduction, less dmg from area dmg hits, cannot be hit by more than one crit every 4 seconds etc etc.

Feel free to change this as needed or use whatever other Major god you would like if Brine King is not for you.

PoB link
https://pastebin.com/8ATCyN20

Videos
T14 Casual Map Run: https://youtu.be/G-Rbzr5yoGA

FAQ

Why fortitude over adrenaline? Adrenaline is an AMAZING skill and is awesome when it goes off. However you have to hit 35% life or lower which almost never happens with this build. If you plan on running a lot of uber elder's or something feel free to change it up and add fortify gem to your whirling blades instead of blood magic.

Why run abyssus when it makes me take so much extra damageFor the absolute insane amount of pure raw dps it gives you. As long as you have fortitude which gives you perma fortify the 40% is actually reduced to 20%. Yes its still increased damage you take but so much more manageable now.

I don't like this or that with your build. Do I have to do it? 100% Absolutely Not. This is a build that I tweaked specifically to fit me. Do to you what feels right and looks good for YOU. YOU are the one that has to play it and enjoy it. Trust me when I say if you change your damage by a few hundred or even a few thousand or swap your defenses around it will not make or break the build for the most part. However keep in mind that I will always advise people to do what I have laid out in the build.

Why do I keep running out of mana? At low levels you WILL run out of mana. Either use elreon jewelry if it is not start of league, or just run a mana flask. Once you get the mana leech node now called "Soul Raker" in the claw wheel and a decent amount of damage you shouldn't really run out anymore.

Where do we get leech from? Their is now two places on the tree that we get leech from. The biggest source is the Soul Raker passive in the claw wheel up by shadow. It grants 1.2% ATTACK damage leeched as life and .8% ATTACK damage leeched as mana. The second passive is blood drinker which grants an additional .4% ATTACK damage leeched as life. Both are more than sufficient to keep your life/mana at full once you start dealing enough damage to sustain it. It is based on a % of the damage you deal afterall.

Is this build SSF/HC Viable? SSF I would say definitely not. It would be very hard to get a lot of the stuff I feel is required. HC I would say only if you are a masochist. Abyssus does not really go well with HC lol.

Other Builds of Mine

Hope you all enjoyed the guide and hope it allows many players to enjoy this wonderful game even more. If you have any questions/comments/vouches you are encouraged to post up. As long as you have FULLY read the guide. Also again feel free to catch me on my stream. Happy farming my fellow exiles!
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Dec 12, 2018, 4:30:05 AM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2018, 4:55:35 AM
Video added!
Have you done Uber Elder on this yet?

What would you say the cost of this build would be as a start?

I am sure you have probably got this on your stream, but how would you compare this with your spec throw build?
Last edited by bionicpope on Apr 11, 2018, 4:27:40 AM
"
Completed 9 Challengesbionicpope wrote:
Have you done Uber Elder on this yet?

What would you say the cost of this build would be as a start?

I am sure you have probably got this on your stream, but how would you compare this with your spec throw build?

I have done uber elder but have not been able to pull it off myself yet. This is highly do to me being a giant pleb and not knowing the fight and nothing to do with build. Seen plenty of bflurry do before, and being the pleb I am got both down to like 1/4 hp. Also I didn't cheese it with kaom's boots. Something I am working towards :)

This build is much like the elebuzzsaw in that you can pour currency into it to get really good. For example 20 ex claw + HH is so much fun on this build but its highly un needed.

Bloodseeker claw works fine and a normal belt. You can get a lowish stat stick for a handful of chaos and still it adds a ton of dmg. Steel rings with the extra phys roll and decent life will probably cost about an exalt each. Watchers eye crit/hatred version is pretty expensive but also not needed at start.

So as best I can to answer your question, it is very viable/cheap to get starter gear and carry you through most maps. If you want to invest though it can cost you a solid 50ish exalts and then w/e the cost of HH.

To answer your last question, this build is the first one I have done since my elebuzzsaw that truly felt great and engaging to play. It is similar in the fact that it is a fast build (move and attack wise) and is an attack based claw build. I would say the single target on this build is slightly better, and the clear is a slightly better on the elebuzzsaw.

Both builds are huge amounts of fun though.
Thanks for the answers man. I am sitting on about 30ex right now, and was looking at your buzzsaw build yesterday. I didn't feel much like dealing with leveling a Ranger again, and really love Champion.

It was a debate for me between buzzsaw and a glacial hammer champion I had theorycrafted, but this looks like a damn good build.
"
Completed 9 Challengesbionicpope wrote:
Thanks for the answers man. I am sitting on about 30ex right now, and was looking at your buzzsaw build yesterday. I didn't feel much like dealing with leveling a Ranger again, and really love Champion.

It was a debate for me between buzzsaw and a glacial hammer champion I had theorycrafted, but this looks like a damn good build.

Welp I know we talked on stream earlier, but gl with whichever build you choose to do!
Hit 95 today with build, been going fantastic!
Used your build can kill uber elder pretty easily
I've been playing this build lately. I leveled it from lvl 1. I really love the idea of the build. However this is the first build i've played where i'm actually dying to some enemies in T5/6 maps. For example the Shadow of the Vaal boss in the Maze Map T5 kept one shotting me. I need some advice on what to do? What gear should I upgrade? I don't have anywhere near enough to get a stat stick as those are a few exalts. Thanks

"
Completed 11 ChallengesColossal143 wrote:
Used your build can kill uber elder pretty easily

Nice, ive tried a few times and failed all myself, seen plenty do it, im just a nub :)

"
Completed 9 ChallengesAcideyez wrote:
I've been playing this build lately. I leveled it from lvl 1. I really love the idea of the build. However this is the first build i've played where i'm actually dying to some enemies in T5/6 maps. For example the Shadow of the Vaal boss in the Maze Map T5 kept one shotting me. I need some advice on what to do? What gear should I upgrade? I don't have anywhere near enough to get a stat stick as those are a few exalts. Thanks

Well first idk why you are dual wielding... stat stick gives like 4x your dps, running a second claw doesn't give you anything.

Looking at your tree you have VP taken which is kind of waste of skill point since claws gives you instant leech.

You really should get your last 2 points from uber lab as well as taunting will reduce dmg you take, make your attacks always hit, and give you a 20% more multiplier on damage.

Your abyssus has a 48% roll on it which is huge, you should really try to get a 40% one they are not very expensive. Your gear also has almost no life on it at all.

Honestly your best bet is to reread the guide carefully and fully and take special note on stat prioritization section.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info