[3.3] The Evolution of the Bow Trapper ~ Tanky ~ 100% Hit [Uber Atziri/Shaper deathless]

"
kutreels wrote:
"
upped for 3.3

blast rain has become a viable alternative to shrapnel shot. then you could use rain of arrows as a pack clearer. the build should be much better this way, because from time to time projectiles from shrapnel shot can miss. blast rain never misses!

Shrapnel shot should be better on DPS for single target, as the cone and arrow can both deal damage. And the threshold jewel can even double the cone part damage.

Also the amulet Effigon can guarantee 100% hit rate on blinded enemy, which can be supported by Born in the Shadow accendancy.

dude i know the amulet gives 100% hit.

1) with "never misses" i mean that shrapnel shot projectiles sometimes fly to a wrong direction and won't hit the enemy. it's a matter of targetting. you don't have this problem with BR

2) i dont have the exact numbers in my head but i've put the new blast rain into PoB and compared it to shrapnel shot. SS gives still like 10% more damage BUT again sometimes projectiles miss and then blast rain would be superior

@Glasse yea thanks for the enchantment tip. didn't had this in mind. this is truly a nice dmg boost
add pls on main page that we didnt lost 30% dmg from 3.3. cause from 3.3 we have FULL ignoring boss resistance for burst with vaal auras; we have more dmg from bear trap; blast rain now have his own more penetration...^^ could be insane.
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
add pls on main page that we didnt lost 30% dmg from 3.3. cause from 3.3 we have FULL ignoring boss resistance for burst with vaal auras; we have more dmg from bear trap; blast rain now have his own more penetration...^^ could be insane.

"ignoring" fire resistance does mean penetration doesn't work. it's the same effect as inquisitor's. it sets enemie's resistance to zero

BR gives 25% pen, oak's gives 15% pen. this penetrates shaper's res totally and therefore impurity of fire isn't needed. in fact, it will lower your DPS because you have much more penetration (effigon amulet, tree etc)

bear trap is a thing indeed
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Jun 1, 2018, 6:45:59 AM
"
"
Melanholic7 wrote:

"ignoring" fire resistance does mean penetration doesn't work. it's the same effect as inquisitor's. it sets enemie's resistance to zero

BR gives 25% pen, oak's gives 15% pen. this penetrates shaper's res totally and therefore impurity of fire isn't needed. in fact, it will lower your DPS because you have much more penetration (effigon amulet)

bear trap is a thing indeed

damn,googled it,thx for info about resists :( seems u are right.
I was running a SS version and quickly noticed that my low level BR was outperforming SS with Collateral jewels. Any recommendations for switching the build over? Currently have 4ex to spend.

I've got a lightning dmg Vessel (wasn't great with SS). If I upgrade lightning dmg boots/belt plus the resists from tree, I should be able to swap to Essence Worm with enough resists to keep corrupted Signal (39% phys to extra dmg and decent ele dmg), until high end defensive quiver. Running curse immune Quicksilver, so don't need to overcap.

I can then use the rest of the currency to buy Kaom's, swap skill tree/bandits, and at least 5L bow and start saving for 6L?
BR shouldn't outperform SS, maybe your set-up was not finally optimized for SS. but anyway: SS is a solid choice now. Signal Fire is a total waste for BR imo. better get that "high end defensive quiver". in fact i bought mine these days for a couple of c. i have a rule: never spend more than 15c for a rare item. always works lol. you usually just need to adjust the added life

i think kaom's is essential and you should focus in getting that. 6L chin sol is a mega luxury item and absolutely not needed for endgame content

PS: the boots enchantment is very powerful but remember that you have way too much damage for anything in the game so it's optional and I would rather focus on defensives because that's your bottleneck
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Jun 11, 2018, 3:09:40 PM
"
BR shouldn't outperform SS, maybe your set-up was not finally optimized for SS. but anyway: SS is a solid choice now. Signal Fire is a total waste for BR imo. better get that "high end defensive quiver". in fact i bought mine these days for a couple of c. i have a rule: never spend more than 15c for a rare item. always works lol. you usually just need to adjust the added life

i think kaom's is essential and you should focus in getting that. 6L chin sol is a mega luxury item and absolutely not needed for endgame content

PS: the boots enchantment is very powerful but remember that you have way too much damage for anything in the game so it's optional and I would rather focus on defensives because that's your bottleneck

Moreso in terms of AoE and consistent damage, but the boss difference was minimal imo for T8's. Maybe it wasn't optimized, but it felt better with BR 4L at low level than 5L level 19 SS (SS had EF extra, other supports the same and SS had 2 Collateral's plus helm enchant). Went ahead and bought the microtransaction for BR :P

Ah, cool. I haven't looked at quiver prices in several leagues. I'll buy it for last when the other slots are done for missing resists. I'll probably leave my crit boots as is. They add 40 STR for Kaom's plus a bit of resists. I got them dirt cheap a few days into league.

So order is: Kaom's and re-skill, 5L bow, Essence Worm, Styg Belt with HP/resist (WED hopefully), Quiver, and then just more optimization from there. Thanks for the help!
Update: Got Kaom's, Worm, belt, quiver, multiple abyss jewels, and re-skilled. No luck with 5L yet. 5k HP (30% increase), lost a decent chunk of damage from re-skill, but managed to kill level 76 Atziri in temple run.
Gz ;)

Remember this is playing with a 4L
Im a bit confused to be honest, the skill tree has been completely changed and there's alot of trap damage on the new tree compared to the tree you have here from 3.1, im trying to follow the one you have listed but its not the same passives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info