[3.3] The Evolution of the Bow Trapper ~ Tanky ~ 100% Hit [Uber Atziri/Shaper deathless]

"
fjell_luft wrote:
Im a bit confused to be honest, the skill tree has been completely changed and there's alot of trap damage on the new tree compared to the tree you have here from 3.1, im trying to follow the one you have listed but its not the same passives.

You can follow my tree (BDTrapnel). I made some minor changes for my own preferences, but it is fairly close. If you plan to rush playing traps, grab the quick non-crit damage nodes on the way to Point Blank and then alternate damage/life as needed. Once you have some currency to spare, then start looking at Abyss jewels or keep saving for Kaom's.
"
You can follow my tree (BDTrapnel). I made some minor changes for my own preferences, but it is fairly close. If you plan to rush playing traps, grab the quick non-crit damage nodes on the way to Point Blank and then alternate damage/life as needed. Once you have some currency to spare, then start looking at Abyss jewels or keep saving for Kaom's.

Thanks! this helped alot, i've been close to death so many times, you wouldn't happen to have any ideas on how to level this build effectively in HC? Currently level 44 in act 5.
"
fjell_luft wrote:
Thanks! this helped alot, i've been close to death so many times, you wouldn't happen to have any ideas on how to level this build effectively in HC? Currently level 44 in act 5.

Probably by leveling as something besides BR trap until you get better gear/passives. Pretty much any range skill or non-trap Support set-up like Flamethrower, Fire, or Explosive Trap if you have a lot of Trap passives. I would probably never play a Trap support build with only a 3L since you lose a lot of damage from Cluster and miss the 4L to regain the damage. But Flamethrower or something similar has Cluster and something spare.

I assume you are using a fake account to post, so I can't make any gear/passive recommendations. Just more HP gear, get CWDT IC + Enfeeble set-up when you can, and run defensive aura if you have enough damage. I'm currently running free Wrath, Arctic Armor, Herald of Thunder, and Clarity. Enfeeble + Ascendancy Blind + dodge from passives creates a lot of dodge chance.

Traps lack health leech, health on hit, etc. So until you get Tinkerskin/Pyromanic ascendancy, you are stuck with HP potions for health regain.

If you want more advice than that, message me your actual account name or post from your account and I can peak at your character.
"
I assume you are using a fake account to post

No clue why im logged in as a different account, anyways heres the link for the one im using

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Fjelluft/characters

Fjelltrappern is the name, any advice would be great, im currently playing as safe as humanly possible and the only thing keeping me alive against bosses and elite packs is the insane damage output and my evasion flasks.

And thanks for the incredibly quick replies, love the support!
+rep

"
fjell_luft wrote:
And thanks for the incredibly quick replies, love the support!
+rep

Ah, got it now. I'm going to dump a lot of information, feel free to decipher through what is important and what you can afford. *Note - I've never played HC due to lag spikes, I'm just good at looking for improvements.

Crit multi is bad until you have higher crit chance. Refund 3 points for Throatseeker and get them back later.
Cobalt jewel is kind of bad since it only adds 10% damage for 2 points. If you are short on refunds, maybe cheap resist/damage jewel?

For 5L boots, replace Charged with Cluster when you can.
Borrow any gear from your Flicker character? You can't leech, but if you get enough STR from Carnage/Magnate to get to 200, you'll get 36% all resist plus damage and similar HP for just a loss of dex/int. That will also make up your missing fire resist to replace right ring with HP ring.
Eventually upgrade quiver to rare with HP/resist, but no rush until you replace Carnage/Magnate with Effigon and HP/resist belt.

Leave CWDT at level 1 to maximize usage. If you use Wrath in Helm, you can put IC in armor to replace Anger until you can use both auras.
Secondary weapons for leveling alternative gems when you get more links.
Faster attacks with Blink Arrow for slightly quicker movement (handy when you start labbing).
yeah about tankiness

can't tell you anything about lvl 44 characters. but for the late game you have multiple layers of defence; namely high HP regen, blind aura (which all saboteurs have) and imo an important factor are the totally underestimated dodge abyss jewels. then you have CWDT+enfeeble for mob spikes and do maim all the targets with 2A-tombfists. all together make you really safe
Sorry if it's been answered before but how does Point Blank and Chin Sol work with Rain Of Arrow and Blast Rain? Is it because the trap of RoA/Blast rain gets triggered at point blank? How would that work when RoA does half of their hits to random area?
"
NoizyTribe wrote:
Sorry if it's been answered before but how does Point Blank and Chin Sol work with Rain Of Arrow and Blast Rain? Is it because the trap of RoA/Blast rain gets triggered at point blank? How would that work when RoA does half of their hits to random area?

The damage calculates from where the skill is cast. It is cast from the trap, not the location of the character. I can't speak for Rain of Arrows, but Blast Rain is fairly close to the location of the traps so gets a significant chunk if not all of the 150% damage. It can also be paired with walking towards the traps just before they detonate to get blind applied for 100% hit.
rain of arrows is too big AoE for perfect chin sol/point blank effect but signal fire is socketed with conc effect and it takes the whole 100% & 50% more damage
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Jun 19, 2018, 12:27:58 PM
This looks like a great build as I am looking for a tanky trapper with the beautiful chin sol bow for the deeps.

Surprised this guide has not got more hits!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info