[3.5 Viable but Discontinued] UNDENIABLE-JUGG | FARM ALL CONTENT - incl. Uber-Elder

"
GornoDD wrote:
Unfortunately not. Auras also count as spell and we use two of them. Anger especially adds a massive amount of spells. ALso alot of our CWDT setups consist of spells.

This is a more a Paladin, standing with his shield against the tides of the coming darkness. He needs his spells to fight for the ones too weak to protect themselves (all weak and puny builds) (ง •̀_•́)ง

Got it. Guess I'm gonna have to farm a for a little while then. Thanks for answering!

"
GornoDD wrote:
"
fookolt wrote:
I always appreciate your builds! You talked a little about this in the OP, but how exactly does this compare to the Ele Claw Inquisitor? I'm trying to get a better understanding of how to compare builds, especially on Uber Elder.

Its just much tankier but has quite a bit less damage (but enough for all bosses). GGG continues to design bossfights with many Invulnerability phases. These hurt most super-dps builds in a way. So I created this build wich has much more focus on survivabilty.

This build has pretty much no risk of dying on the pre 3.2 super-endgame or any map, even with really RIPPY mods. Just watch the Chimera Video in the Video-Section and take a look the map mods.

I also designed this build to be the PERFECT league starter. Despite Xophs and the leech rings this build only consists of very affordable items. Xoph can be substituted rather easy for a while. And the best thing its insanely good performance in the uber lab.

"
Deadbringer wrote:
I am curious how POB calculate the magmaballs dps .. Is it per ball or the overall dps were doing totally? Im running a BLS variant and were at about the same dps/life etc value, but if its per balls,then the grelwood would be a better option. ALSO the fact you have a shield and more armor. The only draw back would be i have 600more regen but i dont think this even matter.

Its the Attack Rate of the Melee portion and the Hit damage of the balls x 12

The Multristrike isnt calculated into the magma ball attack speed and the melee parts doesnt represent the magma dps.

You can't really just multiply the ball dps x12 tho, since only around 46.5%-47% of balls actually hit the target. Btw, Dying Sun still gives more dmg than a Wise Oak, so if you're picking one of them, Dying Sun would be better unless you're running under max resists and you need the +35% from Wise Oak
"
rypdamyst wrote:

You can't really just multiply the ball dps x12 tho, since only around 46.5%-47% of balls actually hit the target. Btw, Dying Sun still gives more dmg than a Wise Oak, so if you're picking one of them, Dying Sun would be better unless you're running under max resists and you need the +35% from Wise Oak

Its a little more with conc effect. But the only actual source of this was a post by Rory a long time ago. Theres also a large portion of the dps not hitting for point blank bonus and even a small portion suffering the penalty. It depends if you wanna count absolute realistic or possible dps.

Im also quite positive the theoretical numbers are not too far off the actual numbers. Molten Strike has a rather odd behavior. If you look here at the realtime GIF of Shaper provided in my other guide. The time to drop shaper here to 50% is about 1.1 seconds (considering the delay before the first balls start hitting the target). My dps in the gear of the time I recorded this was in theory(!!!) 11mil dps. Shaper has 20mil life. So my damage is strangely not too far off.

I dont wanna provide scam dps numbers here. Its all for science. Im the last person who epeens with the numbers of a build. All I know is, that I killed every boss end monster in the game with it. Also its ShaperDps. Most other builds Epeen with their Dps against resistless Enemys.

Also I already subtracted a good portion of the dps that I claimed to have in the introduction. My theoretical PoB dps is 3mil with flasks :)

I already mentioned why I decided against Dying Sun. Also you cant measures dying suns dps boost against the base Molten Strike Projeciles but must compare it to the state the build is with 12 projectiles already in place. Having 14 over 12 Projectiles is only a bonus of 14,3% More dps (not regarding the slightly wider projectile spread). Wich is in fact Lower than Wise Oak. This is not even considering the defensive power of wise oak.
Last edited by GornoDD on Apr 4, 2018, 2:33:31 PM
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
rypdamyst wrote:

Its a little more with conc effect. But the only actual source of this was a post by Rory a long time ago. Theres also a large portion of the dps not hitting for point blank bonus and even a small portion suffering the penalty. It depends if you wanna count absolute realistic or possible dps.

Im also quite positive the theoretical numbers are not too far off the actual numbers. Molten Strike has a rather odd behavior. If you look here at the realtime GIF of Shaper provided in my other guide. The time to drop shaper here to 50% is about 1.1 seconds (considering the delay before the first balls start hitting the target). My dps in the gear of the time I recorded this was in theory(!!!) 11mil dps. Shaper has 20mil life. So my damage is strangely not too far off.

I dont wanna provide scam dps numbers here. Its all for science. Im the last person who epeens with the numbers of a build. All I know is, that I killed every boss end monster in the game with it. Also its ShaperDps. Most other builds Epeen with their Dps against resistless Enemys.

Also I already subtracted a good portion of the dps that I claimed to have in the introduction. My theoretical PoB dps is 3mil with flasks :)

I already mentioned why I decided against Dying Sun. Also you cant measures dying suns dps boost against the base Molten Strike Projeciles but must compare it to the state the build is with 12 projectiles already in place. Having 14 over 12 Projectiles is only a bonus of 14,3% More dps (not regarding the slightly wider projectile spread). Wich is in fact Lower than Wise Oak. This is not even considering the defensive power of wise oak.

There is a molten strike DPS calculator to check out dmg, and in fact the Dying Sun dmg increase over Wise Oak is really minimal vs Shaper (roughly 12k dps in 1.3kk total), so Wise Oak really ends up being better since it has elemental defense aswell
"
rypdamyst wrote:

There is a molten strike DPS calculator to check out dmg, and in fact the Dying Sun dmg increase over Wise Oak is really minimal vs Shaper (roughly 12k dps in 1.3kk total), so Wise Oak really ends up being better since it has elemental defense aswell

I didnt know the calculator. It seems to be somewhat correct. However it doesnt factor the projectiles from the Sword. But just for you, I went the extra mile and did frame analysis of my shaper video.

So in the first sequence of damage was able to do full 7,3 seconds of dps. In that time I dropped shaper by to 69.7% (took a precise ruler and measured on my monitor). So I did 6,06mil of damage in that time.

So shockingly (not really) I did 830k amount of dps in that timeframe. This is what I always assumed the artificial molten dps calculation is. Also there is to consider that all the artificial numbers provided by PoB dont really count. Theres always so much more to consinder. So I cant really tell if shaper was "covered in ash". ALso not all 3 spiderwebs where immediately there and even my totem died off in the end. No bloodrage got procced etc.....

But its a valuable lesson non the less. If it was me I would not mention dps numbers in my builds. In my other guides I didnt even show any numbers until people requested them from me. But its a good way to gearcheck your stuff in comparison to mine.

All the calculation aside. I dont really think this disquailies the build from beeing what it is... something that takes you through the entire game without any exceptions.
Quick question, I'm not that experienced with Molten Strike outside of Ngamahu. But isn't Ancestral Call better than Fire Penetration in almost all situations? Providing of course we're not directly hitting the target and use Shift/numlock trick all the time.
"
Quick question, I'm not that experienced with Molten Strike outside of Ngamahu. But isn't Ancestral Call better than Fire Penetration in almost all situations? Providing of course we're not directly hitting the target and use Shift/numlock trick all the time.

AC is pretty much even better than Firepen if you can mana got always do the AC Trick (double dps).
Firepen isnt too far behind and I prefer having realiable dps in all circumstances.

Its pretty much a matter of preference.
"
GornoDD wrote:
"

AC is pretty much even better than Firepen if you can mana got always do the AC Trick (double dps).
Firepen isnt too far behind and I prefer having realiable dps in all circumstances.

Oh nice, Thanks. Also, this is gotta be one of the most refined Molten Strike build I've seen so far, I was previously looking for a reliable endgame boss killer that's not BF, totems, Spectres nor Cyclone because those were usually my go to build for a 'kill-everything' build since I've finished gearing my Windripper MF. I was about halfway into buying up the gear for Zephri VD, but the cost for wrapping up the build was so abysmally high that I don't think it was the right choice. Great guide, and I'm probably gonna use your build again as a starter for the next league.

Another thing, it's easy to tell that the build can reliably do Guardians, Shaper and Elder. But how about HoGM and other weird stuff like Fenumus?
Last edited by ultimatecat on Apr 4, 2018, 6:14:09 PM
"
"
GornoDD wrote:
"

Oh nice, Thanks. Also, this is gotta be one of the most refined Molten Strike build I've seen so far, I was previously looking for a reliable endgame boss killer that's not BF, totems, Spectres nor Cyclone because those were usually my go to build for a 'kill-everything' build since I've finished gearing my Windripper MF. I was about halfway into buying up the gear for Zephri VD, but the cost for wrapping up the build was so abysmally high that I don't think it was the right choice. Great guide, and I'm probably gonna use your build again as a starter for the next league.

I did the whole Windripper QOTF Headhunter BISCO Shaped Vault grind last league. I never was so bored out of my mind. I tend to buy a HH each league but never end up really using it. Its cool for while I guess. There are MUCH more efficient ways of currency making that are less grindy/boring.

Also I enjoy MONKAS bossfights and as they announced Uber-Elder and they definately didnt lie about its difficulty. Sure there are already builds that farm him like its nothing but I personally try to always strike a middle ground between fun/clearspeed/bosskilling/feel. I did just kill him pretty deathless but I died after the fight was already over for some reason. I guess it was an invisible Elder Explosion that didnt go aways after the fight. At least he dropped me a

I also plan on doing some small bonus builds. Maybe something Voidforge/Nghamahu/Oni. They all are just like 10 points diffrence to the origninal and could provide some extra fun. I feel like the potential for a Heavy Strike/Nghmahu build hasnt been fully explored yet.

Refining is something I do alot with my builds. I spend alot of hours in PoB and really consider all possibilites available.
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
rypdamyst wrote:

I didnt know the calculator. It seems to be somewhat correct. However it doesnt factor the projectiles from the Sword. But just for you, I went the extra mile and did frame analysis of my shaper video.

So in the first sequence of damage was able to do full 7,3 seconds of dps. In that time I dropped shaper by to 69.7% (took a precise ruler and measured on my monitor). So I did 6,06mil of damage in that time.

So shockingly (not really) I did 830k amount of dps in that timeframe. This is what I always assumed the artificial molten dps calculation is. Also there is to consider that all the artificial numbers provided by PoB dont really count. Theres always so much more to consinder. So I cant really tell if shaper was "covered in ash". ALso not all 3 spiderwebs where immediately there and even my totem died off in the end. No bloodrage got procced etc.....

But its a valuable lesson non the less. If it was me I would not mention dps numbers in my builds. In my other guides I didnt even show any numbers until people requested them from me. But its a good way to gearcheck your stuff in comparison to mine.

All the calculation aside. I dont really think this disquailies the build from beeing what it is... something that takes you through the entire game without any exceptions.

Oh, I'm not trying to disqualify the build or anything of the likes, just wanted to share some thoughts! I used your ele-claw inquisitor build through most of abyss league, and really appreciate your hard work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info