[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

So i just got this thing from my ulab run:

Is that interesting for this build in any way or do i just want to sell it?

Also whats the best option for mana recovery without a Mind of the Council?
"
broncean wrote:

It's fine for the build, not worth much in my opinion.

Currently in Flashback I'm using a Thief's Torment ring with Barrage-GMP for life and mana recovery. The ring also gives some nice %quantity.

Another option is watcher's eye with Wrath - %lightning damage leeched as mana. Then you'd have to use an Essence Worm + wrath so that you don't reserve too much of your mana pool.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
"
dariidar wrote:
"
broncean wrote:

It's fine for the build, not worth much in my opinion.

Currently in Flashback I'm using a Thief's Torment ring with Barrage-GMP for life and mana recovery. The ring also gives some nice %quantity.

Another option is watcher's eye with Wrath - %lightning damage leeched as mana. Then you'd have to use an Essence Worm + wrath so that you don't reserve too much of your mana pool.

I know the helm aint perfect but its something for a league start.

I honestly did not know if Thiefs Torment would work with this build so i hadnt even considered it.
Bought my self a 16/24 right now and it feels so much better. Thank you.
Started with this build for flashback. So fun fast and flexible. :D
Last edited by underdonemuffin on May 8, 2018, 11:55:40 PM

Tried on STD and now again on Flashback. Very fun and fast.
I've already tried with VD/BW in the previous league but this one is over the top.
AOE clear is fine. Boss damage is also ok but sometimes I got 1 shot by a boss.
What do you recommend to upgrade next?
Berserk Grip or Mind of the council?
I think I'm gonna drop Mastermind of Discord for Paragon of Calamity, at least until I reach red maps.

Mastermind only gives more damage to bosses, really. The penetration is useless on map mobs. I don't know how much herald of thunder increases the damage with mastermind, but I turned off herald of thunder a few maps ago and I haven't really seen a huge difference without it. Gives me more EHP with less mana reserved though (Im running blasphemy warlord). Maybe if I ran ice as well, I'd see the point, but with just one herald, seems like a waste.

Paragon gives .5 lifeleech and You can just alch&go while MFing, which is a huge improvement both in QoL and in opportunity cost (I don't reroll low maps anyways, but I still have to scan for the reflect line).

Can always respec into it once my atlas has progressed far enough that I start to feel the lack of pen/damage.

Loving this build! First time trying it in Flashback. Still need to upgrade a few jewels and get my single target gems 21, but overall has been very smooth to play. Thinking of ways to increase the single target damage though. The uber lab enchant is the only way I see at the moment. Thanks for the build and if you have any ideas on how to progress.
Last edited by vanillz777 on May 10, 2018, 6:53:47 AM
Hi I'm new to Poet's pen.

Can someone explain why do we need frenzy and barrage?

I am liquidating my items to try out in flash back! cant wait!
"
Weist87 wrote:
Hi I'm new to Poet's pen.

Can someone explain why do we need frenzy and barrage?

I am liquidating my items to try out in flash back! cant wait!

Uhh... read the item?

Poet's Pen casts the socketed spells on attack. You technically don't need frenzy or barrage, any attack will do (even the standard autoattack without any skill). But Frenzy gives You frenzy charges for both more damage and more attack speed, and barrage hits a lot so it gives good "lifesteal" with life gained on hit gem (and thief's torment if You use it). Other attacks just wouldn't make much sense.
Would it be viable/useful to use a cast on critical gem along with the barrage in the six link? What would the option be?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info