[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

yeah.... facetanking minotaur? i dont think so. that guy just straight up 1 shots me
"
SlamBro wrote:
yeah.... facetanking minotaur? i dont think so. that guy just straight up 1 shots me

From my experience with this build, it's sometimes possible to facetank Minotaur, but only with a carefully crafted map (No rippy mods).

The slightest rippy mod and Minotaur 1 shots me.

My main issue right now is the limited hp pool. I can destroy most T15/16 maps easily, but I get 1 shot quite often by some bosses in difficult maps.
I got really lucky tonight and dropped a fiend card + 1 ex (in the same map !) so I'm ready to change my tabula for a real 6 link armour and I was wondering whether Loreweave would be a good idea or not, compared to inpulsa. I understand Inpulsa will quicken mapping even more but Inpulsa seems a valid choice for bosses, isn't it ?

+ Shadroz, I'm asking you again : did you use a non 6 linked armour for uber elder ? (like Frenzy only or I don't know)
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
I got really lucky tonight and dropped a fiend card + 1 ex (in the same map !) so I'm ready to change my tabula for a real 6 link armour and I was wondering whether Loreweave would be a good idea or not, compared to inpulsa. I understand Inpulsa will quicken mapping even more but Inpulsa seems a valid choice for bosses, isn't it ?

+ Shadroz, I'm asking you again : did you use a non 6 linked armour for uber elder ? (like Frenzy only or I don't know)

You still get the increased damage and increased effect of shock from Impulsa's.

"
CaptainBrussy wrote:
I can only afford 1 Poet's Pen atm. Can I reroll and new character with that or should I farm another one?

Just keep farming, stick with using Arc in a 5 link until you can afford two pens.
Last edited by Bioness on Sep 18, 2018, 8:38:06 PM
What sort of ring set up do you recommend here? I am planning to take the no reflect life leech node. Do i really still need berek? I see lots of people change up the rings some use essencen worm with wrath socketed. Some use the taming etc.

Thoughts?

Also ive been having pretty good luck running blood rage to keep frenzy charges up. Any reason why we dont use that instead of frenzy spamming and switching between two skills to keep frenzy and power charges up?
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:

That's exactly what I thought as well. Inpulsa is great for bossing, but for mapping it seem to be a bit of an overkill. Everything dies before you even get to them.

Not to mention this build overall is squishy as fuck. Getting resistances without massive currency investment is almost impossible.

The only 2 realistic defence approaches are Phase Acrobatics and Acrobatics with some extra evasion from whatever items/passives you can get, that along with MoM.

Physical damage in highend maps is your number one enemy. Flasks are VERY important and Patheons helps a bit too.

Long story short, If you want more survivability for mapping/bossing, Loreweave seems like a valid choice, I haven't tried it.

OR a good Shaper chest with lots of life + %life + resistance + something else.

-----

Facetanking IS actually possible, very possible with Berek's Grip however, as I said, physical damage is your number one enemy. If you don't get 1 shot, you should be fine.

"
Also ive been having pretty good luck running blood rage to keep frenzy charges up. Any reason why we dont use that instead of frenzy spamming and switching between two skills to keep frenzy and power charges up?

Same thing as me. However, only do this IF you don't have enough attack speed. GMP + LMP(both +20% quality) + 1 gem with attack speed + perfect rolls on Poets Pen(which are cheap) you can get to about 3.66 APS. Which is enough. Going over 3.75 is not good, you'll lose dps.

If you can skip blood rage, skip it. The degen is awful, there no innate regen for this build so you'll lose life like there's no tomorrow.

Other than that, I don't agree with the setup for flame dash, I think something like a curse linked with Cwdt is better. Enfeeble or something. The mobility is really not the problem here, and flame dash lvl 9 reaaaallly won't do anything.

And for the love of god people, get life on gems. I see a lot of people focusing on damage. YOU HAVE ENOUGH DAMAGE. Survivability is key here, the damage is bonkers as it is, you really don't need more.
Last edited by junkypic011 on Sep 19, 2018, 4:37:53 AM
"
junkypic011 wrote:

That's exactly what I thought as well. Inpulsa is great for bossing, but for mapping it seem to be a bit of an overkill. Everything dies before you even get to them.

Not to mention this build overall is squishy as fuck. Getting resistances without massive currency investment is almost impossible.

The only 2 realistic defence approaches are Phase Acrobatics and Acrobatics with some extra evasion from whatever items/passives you can get, that along with MoM.

Physical damage in highend maps is your number one enemy. Flasks are VERY important and Patheons helps a bit too.

Are you sure? Inpulsa is top to mapping, loreweave maybe better for some boss...
"Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing (5-10)% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage"

I do map tier 10-14 rare + corrupted with Bisco's Collar, two Ventor's Gamble (they have very bad resistence) and Bisco's Leash without problem... My res are a mess with IIR/IIQ gear, but I just need to lightning warp forward and room of monster die without touch me... I need to be careful only with boss...
Last edited by Alerie91 on Sep 19, 2018, 10:06:42 AM
Great build, thank you guys!

i just killed shaper (didn't die :D) but it took longer than i thought. Any major upgrades? i fill like only the gem levels that iam missing won't cut it for uber elder.

https://pastebin.com/bZdEV4Sd

map clearing is super nice , delving at 200~ as well, doing shaper guardins is tricke (getting oneshot sometimes with no dmg mods)

ofcourse i would like more suvirbility but i don't think we will get so far to tank any major bosses so i would like to up my dps so i can just kill them faster.
"
Alerie91 wrote:
"
junkypic011 wrote:

Are you sure? Inpulsa is top to mapping, loreweave maybe better for some boss...
"Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing (5-10)% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage"

I do map tier 10-14 rare + corrupted with Bisco's Collar, two Ventor's Gamble (they have very bad resistence) and Bisco's Leash without problem... My res are a mess with IIR/IIQ gear, but I just need to lightning warp forward and room of monster die without touch me... I need to be careful only with boss...

You're right. Inpulsa is great for mapping, not so much for bossing.
Last edited by YT_HB on Sep 19, 2018, 11:49:38 AM
"
Baldry wrote:
Great build, thank you guys!

i just killed shaper (didn't die :D) but it took longer than i thought. Any major upgrades? i fill like only the gem levels that iam missing won't cut it for uber elder.

https://pastebin.com/bZdEV4Sd

map clearing is super nice , delving at 200~ as well, doing shaper guardins is tricke (getting oneshot sometimes with no dmg mods)

ofcourse i would like more suvirbility but i don't think we will get so far to tank any major bosses so i would like to up my dps so i can just kill them faster.

i just did red elder and it was a joke, nuked him so fast i got hit 1 time and didn't even die :D

EDIT:

there is not even 1 arc/ball lightning enchant for mind of the council :(

http://poe.trade/search/arahosinanarah

EDIT:2

well there is not even 1 enchant with the helm for any of my skills :D

http://poe.trade/search/nyasimaseninoh
Last edited by Baldry on Sep 19, 2018, 4:24:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info