[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

I'm seriously starting to feel a bit frustrated with this build at this point. I've changed back to Barrage but I don't know, I just die way too often. The words face tank should not be used with this build. Can't do Atziri because reflect. Can't do Guardians because not enough DPS and getting 1 shot. Can barely do T11 Elder. Can't farm Uber Lab because I keep getting 1 shot by Izaro. At fekking level 90. Da faq am I doing wrong?
"
Akanaro wrote:
I'm seriously starting to feel a bit frustrated with this build at this point. I've changed back to Barrage but I don't know, I just die way too often. The words face tank should not be used with this build. Can't do Atziri because reflect. Can't do Guardians because not enough DPS and getting 1 shot. Can barely do T11 Elder. Can't farm Uber Lab because I keep getting 1 shot by Izaro. At fekking level 90. Da faq am I doing wrong?

It definitely sounds like something isn't setup correctly. Open up your characters in your profile and we'll take a look.
"
YT_HB wrote:
It definitely sounds like something isn't setup correctly. Open up your characters in your profile and we'll take a look.

Made characters available. Help is appreciated. :D

Edit - The character you want is Lady_Magenta.
Last edited by Akanaro on Jul 31, 2018, 1:29:33 PM
"
Akanaro wrote:
"
YT_HB wrote:

A couple things that stand out at first glance. Your fire resist isn't capped. I'm not sure if you helped Alira or if you killed all 3 bandits. Either way, you're fire res is either 57 or 72.

Second, your APS for barrage is low at 3.23 or 3.45 with full frenzy charges. You'll want to increase that so you're barrage is able to hit more often and get more LGoH. To increase APS, you can put quality on your FA and GMP gems. Depending on where that puts your APS, you may want to put a culling strike with quality in place of your accuracy support gem.

Your life and mana ratio seems great. The only thing I can see you getting one shot from is from some huge fire damage or something cause of the uncapped resistance. It also depends on the map mods which could bring your fire res down even lower.

Also, once you get Arc and BL leveled up it should make s huge difference in your DPS.
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Akanaro wrote:
"
YT_HB wrote:

A couple things that stand out at first glance. Your fire resist isn't capped. I'm not sure if you helped Alira or if you killed all 3 bandits. Either way, you're fire res is either 57 or 72.

Second, your APS for barrage is low at 3.23 or 3.45 with full frenzy charges. You'll want to increase that so you're barrage is able to hit more often and get more LGoH. To increase APS, you can put quality on your FA and GMP gems. Depending on where that puts your APS, you may want to put a culling strike with quality in place of your accuracy support gem.

Your life and mana ratio seems great. The only thing I can see you getting one shot from is from some huge fire damage or something cause of the uncapped resistance. It also depends on the map mods which could bring your fire res down even lower.

Also, once you get Arc and BL leveled up it should make s huge difference in your DPS.

Yeah just noticed fire res is 72%. Silly me. I did go back to the tree and fixed some earlier changes I made when I dropped some Crit Multiplier nodes for life nodes coz I was feeling very squishy. Damage seems a lot better now. Will fix the fire res but not sure what to do with bosses like Izaro. It's hard to kite him and if you just stand still and fire at him he sometimes ends up 1 shotting you. Since he does a lot of physical damage I assume lack of physical mitigation is part of the issue. Or might just be me doing it wrong. And Minotaur we'll see. I assume you can't just stand and fire at him either?
"
Akanaro wrote:
Yeah just noticed fire res is 72%. Silly me. I did go back to the tree and fixed some earlier changes I made when I dropped some Crit Multiplier nodes for life nodes coz I was feeling very squishy. Damage seems a lot better now. Will fix the fire res but not sure what to do with bosses like Izaro. It's hard to kite him and if you just stand still and fire at him he sometimes ends up 1 shotting you. Since he does a lot of physical damage I assume lack of physical mitigation is part of the issue. Or might just be me doing it wrong. And Minotaur we'll see. I assume you can't just stand and fire at him either?

You should be able to tank one shot but then you better get your life and mana back up quick to be able to take another one. If you're not hitting with barrage enough to get your life up quickly or your mana up quickly enough then MoM isn't going to work correctly and you won't be able to take another big hit. CWDT-IC helps with this but when it's on cooldown you may need to move around so you don't take another huge hit. So, you may want to adjust your fight depending on how quickly you're getting your life/mana back.
"
Akanaro wrote:
Will fix the fire res but not sure what to do with bosses like Izaro. It's hard to kite him and if you just stand still and fire at him he sometimes ends up 1 shotting you. Since he does a lot of physical damage I assume lack of physical mitigation is part of the issue. Or might just be me doing it wrong. And Minotaur we'll see. I assume you can't just stand and fire at him either?

The build is more about dealing damage than tanking (as probably every evasion build). So you need to move from time to time. For Izaro I strongly recommend decoy totem, as he is easy to taunt. It will give you more time to fire your projectiles. Just remember that Izaro will always target you once he appears, so basically constantly move around the circle as he is emerging. The totem will also give you some time to restore full life.

Concerning advertised "facetank T16" it is not entirely true. Once you get 5k+ life and corresponding mana, you can in theory do it, but not with every map mod. Given that you almost always run rare T16, and many times corrupted, the fights can go crazy difficult. Just as example, I was giving a carry in phoenix map, and I overlooked "70% increased AoE" mod. I completed the map, but with no portals left... So you need to learn the mechanics of every boss, and do not rely on facetanking too much.
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Akanaro wrote:

You should be able to tank one shot but then you better get your life and mana back up quick to be able to take another one. If you're not hitting with barrage enough to get your life up quickly or your mana up quickly enough then MoM isn't going to work correctly and you won't be able to take another big hit. CWDT-IC helps with this but when it's on cooldown you may need to move around so you don't take another huge hit. So, you may want to adjust your fight depending on how quickly you're getting your life/mana back.

Agreed. The 'facetank' t16 is missleading. It works against some bosses who directly hit you like minotaur -> blind basically neuters them. Even then it might not be possible with gnarly map-mods. But other bosses who deal area damage like the phoenix when he goes spinning - he chops this build down.

What I think should really be mentioned though is that this build needs some serious investment in terms of abyss jewels. T1 life rolls are a must. T1 mana ones in addition to that don't hurt. Thats multiple EXA per jewel if you dont happen to buy at exactly the right time.

It can be very frustraiting to feel like one has all the gear in place and still not be able to reliably do high tier red maps. (Has this build actually beaten UberElder? It says so in the header?)
If you want a more reliable build that also uses the arc/teleport poet combo look for the Occultist ES variant here on the forum. It's a tad more expensive to start but doesnt need crazy investment to do high end red maps.

You are currently running a 5-Link barrage -> can you afford to go 6-Link? Or remove something for Blind so you can do some of the bosses? It really helps! Especially for a dodge based character.
when do you use barrage and what do you socket in boots and helmet
Just started the build, and I'm not sure if it's mentioned in the hundreds of pages of this thread, but can mana be sustained without mind of the council? I plan on getting after I can afford pen 3 and 4 (lots of currency now lol), but I want to make sure arcane surge and the nodes will carry me beforehand. Or is there another way I'm over looking? Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info