Skill Revamps - Part 1

Thanks so much for sharing this, guys. I recently got burnt out and disinterested in PoE, but this may be enough to bring me back.

The changes to Cold Snap, especially, are exciting. Looking forward to bringing back Romira's Banquet Cold Snap!
Bring back race seasons.
Tarke made a video, please do as he says. Easier and better solutions than what you talked about. You literally said that you want to turn cold snap into vortex just because you think you need to do these overly complicated reworks that REALLY aren't needed.

I understand that you don't want to buff AoE back to what is was because you might fear that you get called out for it but again that would make SO MANY builds more playable. Same with slightly increasing damage on right skills, again i understand that 6% glacial hammer meme still haunts you but.... just do it? Easy and creates build diversity.

Bestiary launched in _t e r r i b l e_ state, felt rushed and honestly like no-one tested it. I personally haven't ever felt so frustrated and disappointed about the league than this and that was probably because you didn't have time to make it better. Please don't do these complicated reworks, save time, make more people happy,
do as Tarke said. (Not a fanboy btw.)
Please rework the AI of our minions. Make them smarter, let them hit stuff on their own, without us having to stand so close all the time.
Skill Themes...I can see why this would seem like a good idea but I can also see how people with think it's more pigeonholing of play styles and characters. But the recent Ascendancy changes hinted at this, and I'm personally not too concerned. Most builds follow the same pathing through the Skill Tree so there's already a certain amount of restriction.
I've always loved ColdSnap, was the first MTX I bought too. Thank you GGG for planning to fix the skill.

This is realy cool guys, again nice job GGG!

I sure hope the revamps will open up a bunch of new/old/new builds to explore
GIEV me dat Charged Dash ASAP! I wanted it to make it work so badly, but gimping my movementspeed to maximize damage was predestined to failed from beginning...
While you're at it, revamp skills to be blockable please. Can't block earthquake, volatile dead, rays and explosions (Explosive Arrow in particular^^)...

I want to play Captain America but no matter if I'm maxed out on block and spell block, there are so many things that roflstomp you...

Block just seems to be worse and worse each patch which introduces skills that cannot be blocked.
Playing Path of Life is probably the only thing you can do here to fix this... :(

€: Also, give us unarmed players more than a couple of skills to choose from please (and no, the introduction of Tectonic Slam didn't fix this problem).
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Last edited by Broliciously on Mar 28, 2018, 5:24:41 AM
Can we get more Vaal Skills please?
I did not read through every comment so far, so apologies if this becomes a duplicate, but could you add some more details on how you gather the data your analysis is based on?

Are you checking whether a certain skill was "attached" to a character when killing a mid-tier to high-tier boss? Are you only considering the skills that have actually contributed to kill it? The same question would be relevant for map clear.

Furthermore, I'd like to understand some of the general principles you have in mind with regards to skill balance. Do you want each skill to perfom mainly in a certain area (i.e. single-target, AoE, movement) and be mostly balanced in that field or do you like to see skills being potentially used for all of the respective areas, like we have propably seen with skills like Cyclone?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info