[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

So I've got Enlighten (L3) up with Hatred, AA, and HoI. It works, but for single target it can't sustain mana (it flutters). Note this is with 2x 255+ DPS Bloodseekers @ L72.

How did you address the mana stutter issue for single target?
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Ydna123 wrote:
Thanks so much for this awesome guide NT. I'm new to the game and having a blast with this build.

I have a question. Is it better to use 2x Fight for Survival jewels ior 2 rare jewels with stats like % life, % dmg, crit multiplier?

Glad you like it!
It is almost always better to use 2x Fight for Survival. If you verify in PoB, the jewel dps even outperforms a rare jewel with 4 dps mods, and in addition it provides more clear speed. My advice will be keep those two jewels, spend your currency on upgrading other parts first.

However, if you do find some really good jewel, you could spend 3 points and take the jewel socket above "Blood Drinker". (I am planning to do this, once I get a hatred mod watcher's eye)
"
Mooginator wrote:
So I've got Enlighten (L3) up with Hatred, AA, and HoI. It works, but for single target it can't sustain mana (it flutters). Note this is with 2x 255+ DPS Bloodseekers @ L72.

You're correct, L3 Enlighten will not do good in single target. This has also been discussed in this post previously, guess I also need to add it to the build guide.

One thing you can do is get a L4 enlighten, which will solve the problem completely. Mana cost for this setup is 31, and with L4 enlighten I will have 93 unreserved mana, which provides 3 free attacks, then it's completely smooth for single target.

If you only have L3 atm, you could also take out HoI during boss fights, the dmg bonus is not that much anyways. (And for red elder fights, I was using hatred + purity of ice, so even with L4 enlighten I could not put another AA/HoI in that)
"
nal_tony wrote:
"
Ydna123 wrote:
Thanks so much for this awesome guide NT. I'm new to the game and having a blast with this build.

I have a question. Is it better to use 2x Fight for Survival jewels ior 2 rare jewels with stats like % life, % dmg, crit multiplier?

Glad you like it!
It is almost always better to use 2x Fight for Survival. If you verify in PoB, the jewel dps even outperforms a rare jewel with 4 dps mods, and in addition it provides more clear speed. My advice will be keep those two jewels, spend your currency on upgrading other parts first.

However, if you do find some really good jewel, you could spend 3 points and take the jewel socket above "Blood Drinker". (I am planning to do this, once I get a hatred mod watcher's eye)

Thanks, NT. Yes you are right. PoB confirmed that Fight for Survival is the best. Interesting that the in-game tool tips on Frost Blades don't reflect this. You saved me 10c on trying to buy rare jewels lol.

Also, I got a 6L belly with 4 red and 2 greens. I'm using Ruthless instead of crit like in your guide. Should I try to change the colours of the Belly to have 1 blue slot or Ruthless is ok? My dps on PoB stucks at 165k. Nowhere nearly as high as you.

So I took this build to 78 (T7 maps). First, it's one of the best I've played to level (and FUN!) - but when one has all BiS for leveling, most builds do well. I have all end-game BiS gear as well - 6L BoTB, claws, etc. All near max rolls.

The reality is while this build can facetank numerous bosses with ease, it is normal gameplay/mapping that'll kill you. If you get stunned or frozen for even a half of a second in the middle of battle (even with Fortify up) you often get killed - instantly. Now IMO PoE's greatest problem (across the board) is 1-shot deaths, so it's not really an issue with the build per se - but you'll definitely die a lot playing this build - to the nuances tied to red beasts, uncommon combinations, maps with freezing orbs or goatmen with their ice spears covering half of the screen (and you don't hit that anti-freeze in the 0.25 seconds you need to).

So the leech works wonderfully if one were to augment the amulet and/or other items to "cannot be stunned" and "cannot be frozen" it could improve survivability substantially. But the reason I'm done with the build now is I know it's not viable for L90+ without severe heartache and deaths (XP loss) due to the things that already kill it. Overall good play and farming build, but the end-game survivability (e.g. NO deaths after 90) just isn't there (not talking about face-taking bosses - talking general play).

Note I've taken over 12 different builds to 85+ this league, so I admit I'm a bit worn out. This is a VERY good build and players should try it out. Kudos to the author - and thank you!
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Apr 6, 2018, 12:56:00 PM
"
Ydna123 wrote:

Also, I got a 6L belly with 4 red and 2 greens. I'm using Ruthless instead of crit like in your guide. Should I try to change the colours of the Belly to have 1 blue slot or Ruthless is ok? My dps on PoB stucks at 165k. Nowhere nearly as high as you.

It is completely fine to use ruthless. I used one blue socket for elemental focus, but it's just personal preference.

You may check the configuration in the PoB, such as power charges/only one enemy nearby(which is almost always true in boss fights). Also try to use some DPS gear such as helmet enchant, opal ring, steel ring, dps amulet etc..

You should easily exceed my DPS since my gear is kind of mediocre at the moment.
"
Mooginator wrote:
So I took this build to 78 (T7 maps). First, it's one of the best I've played to level (and FUN!) - but when one has all BiS for leveling, most builds do well. I have all end-game BiS gear as well - 6L BoTB, claws, etc. All near max rolls.

The reality is while this build can facetank numerous bosses with ease, it is normal gameplay/mapping that'll kill you. If you get stunned or frozen for even a half of a second in the middle of battle (even with Fortify up) you often get killed - instantly. Now IMO PoE's greatest problem (across the board) is 1-shot deaths, so it's not really an issue with the build per se - but you'll definitely die a lot playing this build - to the nuances tied to red beasts, uncommon combinations, maps with freezing orbs or goatmen with their ice spears covering half of the screen (and you don't hit that anti-freeze in the 0.25 seconds you need to).

So the leech works wonderfully if one were to augment the amulet and/or other items to "cannot be stunned" and "cannot be frozen" it could improve survivability substantially. But the reason I'm done with the build now is I know it's not viable for L90+ without severe heartache and deaths (XP loss) due to the things that already kill it. Overall good play and farming build, but the end-game survivability (e.g. NO deaths after 90) just isn't there (not talking about face-taking bosses - talking general play).

Note I've taken over 12 different builds to 85+ this league, so I admit I'm a bit worn out. This is a VERY good build and players should try it out. Kudos to the author - and thank you!

Thanks for the detailed review! By taking Soul of the Brine King, and a freeze flask, I did not run into the situations you mentioned quite often. And I just level from 92 to 93 running all T13 to T15 maps deathless, so I would ensure you it is completely viable for L90+.
There are things you need to be aware while mapping, ice nova boxes, volatile, bearers, etc. If freeze/stun really bothers you, wear a Kaom's roots instead, which will solve ALL problem mentioned in your post.

Also, thanks again for the comments!
really enjoying this build so far. Im not quite sure how I will fit the gloves in and keep resists capped atm. would love it if you would take a look at my profile/gear and give me some tips to improve from where Im currently at. Thank you for this guide. I still have about ~5ex to invest into this build.
"
latterus14 wrote:
really enjoying this build so far. Im not quite sure how I will fit the gloves in and keep resists capped atm. would love it if you would take a look at my profile/gear and give me some tips to improve from where Im currently at. Thank you for this guide. I still have about ~5ex to invest into this build.

Glad to hear you're enjoying this build!
Capping resistance isn't that much of a problem. You'll lose around 70 resistance on your current glove, but it's very easy to find that back on your rings.

Check these rings, only cost around 10c (even lower if you search constantly). http://poe.trade/search/asizammahunaut

Get two of these rings, and change to shaper's glove, you will immediately have a huge life boost as well as dmg boost, while keeping the resists capped. This upgrade will cost you nothing, around 30C..

The rest will be expensive upgrades for the amulet and stygian vise, which costs 10ex+ for good ones... I am also farming for those right now :(
Last edited by nal_tony on Apr 6, 2018, 10:22:54 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:

The 40% damage enchant is nice and all, but I really prefer to run an additional aura without paying the astronomical price of a lvl 4 enlighten.
And I can use this helmet in every phys-based build. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info