Make a simple PvP Town map

"
fesru wrote:
Having such a map would cost 100k/day so it's unfortunately impossible

Not sure on what rests this figure, could you develop please ? It looks huge for what it is : a map can be made in less than one day, party system probably very fast as the mechanics is already implemented into the game, copying the skills and testing them with a rough balance couldn't tell but I figure it shouldn't be too long if it is not balancing each single % of each skill, the most important is to get the system implemented as soon as possible the balancing can be spreaded throughout the patches.

Then comes the cost of the server, I'm not into the technical stuff so I couldn't tell, don't know if a specific dedicated server should be mandatory and if yes what should be it's capability and thus it's cost, but to me it would be like running Sarn Arena and not a specific server such as for Royale.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Sep 21, 2018, 3:55:30 AM
"

PVP is the true endgame (and Blizzard was smart enough to recognize that), whether people realize or want to admit it or not. After you're done killing a bunch of robots that are basically damage sponges, what's the next step? Taking on players. Problem with PVP, though, is the newer people are lazy. Max block, pathfinder, Scorching Ray, Volatile Dead.
People want to do all the *easy* stuff and win right then and there, without the struggle of having to learn how to win themselves. It's a problem in the PVE aspect as well, more people are eager to just copy and replicate a build they read, rather than actually learn about the game.

Exactly this. I underestimated VD two leagues in a row now and had to reroll a char to kill them. You'd think obtaining 60% spell block layerd with 60% spell dodge on a high regen build wouldnt insta die to VD. (it was tanking generic VD builds then we got into our little league ctf matches and the better players.. yep, 2 shot 7k life layered spell mitigation. Was BV zerphi so it had tons of regen too lolll.

Enough half tangent rant. Things need balance attention, then something like PVP CITY would be pretty sweet
Last edited by theD4nk0wl on Apr 17, 2018, 10:20:58 AM
Would be nice to have something that felt like Diablo 2 pvp. Like have the PvP line be REAL close to town epiloge so players can just step into it. With 2 or 3 WP's down into this pvp town. WPs meant only just for stepping out of town and pvping.

It will replecate the feel of diablo 2 and warping to the stony fields WP and running back to try to ambush the town camper from behind.

Also would be cool if little red portals can appear when your leveling or whatever that bring you into pvp town. Like "Heyyyy this guy has killed 100 people in there if you warp in there and kill him youll get 1,000 pvp favor."

That way godlike players with minmax build get swarmed on by hordes of lowbies trying to take him down so they can all get that 1,000 pvp rep.

Portals of The Hound ~ The Beast Master Beckons, enter the blood red portal and stop the mad dog.
Last edited by dirtpoorchris on Apr 18, 2018, 2:27:55 PM
It would be VERY easy to balance for pvp if you just made each item have 2 segregated stats. So you can wear your godly pve armor and jewels into the arena but it transforms into special pvp gear while ur in pvp. It might be blunt at first but you can totally reduce all numbers to 1-10 instead of playing with hundreds and hundreds and thousands and thousands for each calculation. The pvp stats for each item would be totallllly different that the pve.
"
"
lolozori wrote:

Yea I think first of all sarn arena problem is hill+shrine. Get ride of shrine or add activated traps on it who can be activated at distance to counter derpfinder/tank/EA hill campers.

Then balance of skills abusing no cast speed like trap/mines- cwtd or volatile dead and give all projectile disminishing return damage when offscreening.

Also spawn in sarn should have indefinite time but also player should not be able to damage other until their first move.

Finaly 1 vs 1 should drop ears or something when winning a match. ear collection was teh most fun shit in diablo 2

I think for the hill, let's just reduce the distance we see player names and shit lol. Reduce it to 150 or 180 units or some shit, something so players can at least have the element of surprise on campers.

I'd like to think attenuation would be good for projectiles would be a good thing, and having Far Shot could be the only real way to negate it.

And let's not forget something really important is the reduction in power to Pathfinder, who already trivializes end-game content far more easily than most, and her inherent superiority in PVP. That bitch needs to be taken down several pegs, no more ailment immunity, no more massive damage boosts and alarmingly-high attack speed, lower her global pen to like, 2% or 4%. Just make the bitch a defensive class or some shit.

Wowwww I didnt know they had ailment immunity. That makes me wanna cancel my freeze duelweilder. Guess ill just use it for pve
Last edited by dirtpoorchris on Apr 18, 2018, 5:41:00 PM
"
Expert PVPer here.

Haha.......

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
lol fuck you.

See if your dick can reach your ass and fuck yourself.

<3
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
And if a player gets to 500 kills for the day and is too godlike then a bolt of red lightning zaps them and they are banished from PvP town for 24 hours to make room for noobs.

So try hard end game pvpers can just grind out 500 kills on each character and be happy.

And it can say to the world "Player blah blah blah has Ascended!" and a picture of their character model can be displayed for 5 seconds.
Last edited by dirtpoorchris on Apr 22, 2018, 5:30:04 PM
Yeah, I think the removal of ascendancies might be a required thing for PvP to have any hope of any semblance of balance. As some have pointed out, there's so many mechanics that are just too good.

Two in particular seem really bad:

• Inevitable Judgement (inquisitor) - This isn't as huge a deal vs. monsters since they usually have low resists (less than 100% increased EHP) but the baseline for players is 75%, (300% increased EHP) meaning this is huge.
  • Master Alchemist (Pathfinder) - Outright immunity to elemental ailments.

"
fesru wrote:
Having such a map would cost 100k/day so it's unfortunately impossible

I like how you just pulled that figure out of your rear end. Assuming you're talking dollars and not, say, Satoshis, (where 100k Satoshi = a bit under $9) it's amusing that think that someone could have such piss-poor understanding of game development that any game developer could find a way to sink $100k a day into ANY sort of development of a single item.

In short, that's the rate you'd be paying if you had... 500-1,000 developers working on something. GGG doesn't even have that many employees, let alone that many who could work on a map.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Iirc inevitable judgement actually no longer works in pvp

It was changed a while ago, though was noted a problem by players for maybe a year or something before it was changed

edit: it was a few months https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228#p13603337, disabled in august
When it was released in march
Last edited by biyte on Apr 22, 2018, 7:04:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info