Make a simple PvP Town map

1 day of development for Royale which is a very funny event and shows that in spite of the few people leading a holy crusade against PvP there is a clear interest in it.

Now please GGG :
- Make a quite similar map in terms of size, obstacles can be interesting but when you go farther.
- Add a small cozy village in the center of the map with an entrance on each side where people cannot attack while inside.
- Add the possibility for the players to make parties if they want to (that can be neutral or hostile towards others) and there can be as many parties as the players want (exemple 3 parties : one of 2 players, one 4 and another one 6 players).
- What would be the more time consuming thing but again do it very roughly at the beginning : make a PvP version of the skills and try to balance them, I’d rather get them too weak than too strong at first.
- The rest is just bonus !
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Feb 12, 2019, 6:17:24 AM
Traps would fit well in royal. Put spike traps around those big treasure chest with uniques inside.
Would be fun I think.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Synopsis wrote:
1 day of development for Royale which is a very funny event and shows that in spite of the few people leading a holy crusade against PvP there is a clear interest in it.

Now please GGG :
- Make a quite similar map in terms of size, obstacles can be interesting but when you go further, quite far away.
- Add a small cozy village in the center of the map with an entrance on each side where people cannot attack while inside.
- Add the possibility for the players to make parties if they want to (that can be neutral or hostile towards others) and there can be as many parties as the players want (exemple 3 parties : one of 2 players, one 4 and another one 6 players).
- What would be the more time consuming thing but again do it very roughly at the beginning : make a PvP version of the skills and try to balance them, I’d rather get them too weak than too strong at first.

Most of what you are asking for was in D2. In one of the interviews Chris was wondering why PvP is dead in PoE but was so much fun in D2. Well it's because being able to camp by the town entrance or running in and out was just pure fun. If you didn't like it you didn't do it, but the option was there. Also they talk about how dark Wraeclast is but if it's so dark and violent, why can't exiles go hostile against other exiles like you could in D2? In D2 you could collect player ears and after that you would promptly talk smack to the player you just killed or got owned by. Wraeclast is for sissies in comparison to D2. Wraeclast is a completely censored making sure feelings don't get hurt, and the arena that it has just does not have the same feel that something so simple as being able to run in and out of town to PK had in D2. Watching a baba talk smack and whirlwind out of town thinking he's the shit only to one-shot himself to a thorns pally was just gold and something PoE won't ever measure up to unless they did away with some of the game's shackles: making Wraeclast a truly violent place that it's meant to be.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Apr 7, 2018, 2:51:22 PM
What's more is if you look at the reeeaaaally early trailers for PoE, they even show PVP as a thing to do, as part of what makes PoE great and edgy, and hardcore. That's why I'm so dead-set against these builds that require the brain-power of Wendy the Slow Adult (Volatile Dead). At least the smart players in our little PVP community found Zerphi's (but look where that got us lol)
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
cgexile wrote:
"
Synopsis wrote:

Now please GGG :
- Make a quite similar map in terms of size, obstacles can be interesting but when you go further, quite far away.

Most of what you are asking for was in D2. In one of the interviews Chris was wondering why PvP is dead in PoE but was so much fun in D2. Well it's because being able to camp by the town entrance or running in and out was just pure fun. If you didn't like it you didn't do it, but the option was there. Also they talk about how dark Wraeclast is but if it's so dark and violent, why can't exiles go hostile against other exiles like you could in D2? In D2 you could collect player ears and after that you would promptly talk smack to the player you just killed or got owned by. Wraeclast is for sissies in comparison to D2. Wraeclast is a completely censored making sure feelings don't get hurt, and the arena that it has just does not have the same feel that something so simple as being able to run in and out of town to PK had in D2. Watching a baba talk smack and whirlwind out of town thinking he's the shit only to one-shot himself to a thorns pally was just gold and something PoE won't ever measure up to unless they did away with some of the game's shackles: making Wraeclast a truly violent place that it's meant to be.

Exactly, I think it doesn't require much sophistication to be fun which is the first criteria to take into account before thinking about a "competitive PvP" in the image of what D3 showcased before its release and PoE tried to do.

Having the possibility to be hostile towards someone in a public game was either highly exasperating (particularly in HC but actually it was more their PK softwares that allowed them to fire an arrow tp back to town and hostile automatically the party, but that was a cheat not something designed within the game) or highly fun : an uncountable amout of times a PvE party improvised into a PvP one and it was so funny, and for the most bold ones making a 1 vs 1 HC duel with body loot enabled. I can conceive that it would be an important debate in PoE that's why it should be an option whenever you create a party ("allow open pvp").

To me, and for a lot of players in D2 dueling was the logic "end game" content once you finished the game over and over with all the characters. The logical pattern was initially making a MF soso first then going for a hammerdin pala and then with what you found/traded you could invest into some PvP gear which opened a new wide range of possibilites : making a fireball soso ? Or a smite pala ? Why not a whirlwind baba ? ... And that kept me in the game for years with a minimum of investment from Blizzard.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Nov 30, 2018, 6:00:55 PM
U mean place 1 chaos on pvp win take 2 right.
Last edited by datalight0 on Apr 8, 2018, 8:42:36 AM
"
Synopsis wrote:

To me, and for a lot of players in D2 dueling was the logic "end game" content once you finished the game over and over with all the characters. The logical pattern was initially making a MF soso first then going for a hammerdin pala and then with what you found/traded you could invest into some PvP gear which opened a new wide range of possibilites : making a fireball soso ? Or a smite pala ? Why not a whirlwind baba ? ... And that kept me in the game for years with a minimum of investment from Blizzard.

PVP is the true endgame (and Blizzard was smart enough to recognize that), whether people realize or want to admit it or not. After you're done killing a bunch of robots that are basically damage sponges, what's the next step? Taking on players. Problem with PVP, though, is the newer people are lazy. Max block, pathfinder, Scorching Ray, Volatile Dead.
People want to do all the *easy* stuff and win right then and there, without the struggle of having to learn how to win themselves. It's a problem in the PVE aspect as well, more people are eager to just copy and replicate a build they read, rather than actually learn about the game.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
are lazy. Max block, pathfinder, Scorching Ray, Volatile Dead.

You forgot 1k life spawn killers magma dicks.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
lol sorry, yeah. I can barely keep up with all the broken; there’s so much out there, you’re bound to forget at least one.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Having such a map would cost 100k/day so it's unfortunately impossible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info