Please Block http://poe.trade/ or give option to not show me there!

I get lots of whispers from people, that they want to buy stuff that i don´t have. They get this information from a web-page called "http://poe.trade/".

That annoying...i don´t use any Trade option in "Outside of Game".

Thats really bizzar thats GGG allow this, even thats there is official Trade option. Can anyone see any Information from GGG servers? Or how its working exacly?
Last edited by amocpower on Mar 23, 2018, 3:52:19 AM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2018, 10:37:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
amocpower wrote:
I get lots of whispers from people, that they want to buy stuff that i don´t have. They get this information from a web-page called "http://poe.trade/".

That annoying...i don´t use any Trade option in "Outside of Game".

Thats really bizzar thats GGG allow this, even thats there is official Trade option. Can anyone see any Information from GGG servers? Or how its working exacly?

you need to say no to crack check it here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/about

If you want people to not pm you on your gears and shit YOU listed On your Tabs that you made public cmon brav just make it non public ta da no pms no sells
Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
So "Public stash" means, thats share "Ingame Information" with whole world? Thats stupid
"
amocpower wrote:
So "Public stash" means, thats share "Ingame Information" with whole world? Thats stupid

It is not stupid. Premium stash tab's are designed for trading. If you don’t want to trade, "unpublic" them, it is really easy and has no influence on any other features of these tabs.
I want trade in "Officiall Place" not anywhere else...Or is peo.trade part of GGG ?
"
amocpower wrote:
I want trade in "Officiall Place" not anywhere else...Or is peo.trade part of GGG ?

After you make stash public, your items are automatically listed on official site on PoE official webpage (Trade or something, quite clunky) AND on poe.trade too. I don't know whether this site is part of GGG or not and personally don't care about this. Communicates from both sites are the same, so it doesn't really matter, if site is "official" or unoficial, as you are unable to figure, from which source whisp came from, as they are the same :)
"
amocpower wrote:

Thats actually a very reasonable request.

A checkbox for "I don't want any third party sites to have access to my information/stash".

"
Dharall wrote:
"
amocpower wrote:

Thats actually a very reasonable request.

A checkbox for "I don't want any third party sites to have access to my information/stash".

Thank you very much! Finally someone thats understand me :)
You need the history for it to make sense. It goes like this:

Back in open beta there were three methods of advertising your trades, public parties, trade chat, and forum posts. The only way to search was to scan through an absurd number of forum threads.

Since this system totally sucked, the player base started making tools to improve it. Sites like poe.xyz (which is now poe.trade) started up that would search the forum posts for you based on the parameters you gave them. Needless to say, these grew enormously popular.

Some time later, GGG wrote a public API for these tools to interface with. I’m not too sure of the particulars here as I never looked at the docs. In retrospect it may have been done with the next development in mind.

More recently, GGG added a feature to list your items directly in your premium stash tabs as an easier method of trading. This eliminated the need for premium users to create shop threads. It also drastically reduced the usage of third party programs that used user provided login data(either credentials or session id) to manage those shops. The trade sites had all switched over to the public API already, so the transition was seamless.

Very recently, meaning within the past year, GGG released their official trading site. Its functionality is competitive with the unofficial trading tools but many people still prefer unofficial ones (especially poe.trade) for various reasons. I myself use the official site but I don’t think GGG will cut off the unofficial tools as long as they’re still a major source of trade searches as that would piss off a lot of players.

So that’s why there are unofficial tools showing your listings. In practice it doesn’t really affect you as a seller.
"
You need the history for it to make sense. It goes like this:

Back in open beta there were three methods of advertising your trades, public parties, trade chat, and forum posts. The only way to search was to scan through an absurd number of forum threads.

Since this system totally sucked, the player base started making tools to improve it. Sites like poe.xyz (which is now poe.trade) started up that would search the forum posts for you based on the parameters you gave them. Needless to say, these grew enormously popular.

Some time later, GGG wrote a public API for these tools to interface with. I’m not too sure of the particulars here as I never looked at the docs. In retrospect it may have been done with the next development in mind.

More recently, GGG added a feature to list your items directly in your premium stash tabs as an easier method of trading. This eliminated the need for premium users to create shop threads. It also drastically reduced the usage of third party programs that used user provided login data(either credentials or session id) to manage those shops. The trade sites had all switched over to the public API already, so the transition was seamless.

Very recently, meaning within the past year, GGG released their official trading site. Its functionality is competitive with the unofficial trading tools but many people still prefer unofficial ones (especially poe.trade) for various reasons. I myself use the official site but I don’t think GGG will cut off the unofficial tools as long as they’re still a major source of trade searches as that would piss off a lot of players.

So that’s why there are unofficial tools showing your listings. In practice it doesn’t really affect you as a seller.

Thats really interesting!

GGG actually don´t need to cut them of, they just can add a option to close or open for "third party sites" is more then enough. I´m not expert in IT and not know how complicate it is to implant, but that would be very good salution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info