Are trade sites getting a cut?

Are third party sites getting a cut of the premium tab sales? If not then it seems to me that GGG is being downright fraudulent. Theyre essentially charging you to sell items through someone elses property.

I find it utterly reprehensible that a game which is designed around trading, after almost a decade, has no infastructure to support it. Its incredibly lazy. On top of that they make you pay money to use a service they themsrlves dont provide. Theyre too incompetent to find solutions so they ride off of the players backs and then make money off of it. Free labor. For wll the problems d3s AH had at least they were competent enough to provide a method of trading without relying on broke college students and didnt force you to minimize the software every 10 seconds.

Unfortunately i expect nothing less from a game that is basically a glorified slot machine.
Last edited by TravisColon on Mar 21, 2018, 2:29:49 AM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2018, 5:55:40 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search

use that first party
The premium tabs are compatible with Poe.trade regardless and on top of that the tabs predate their first party trade site so it doesnt change what i said.
"
TravisColon wrote:
Are third party sites getting a cut of the premium tab sales? If not then it seems to me that GGG is being downright fraudulent. Theyre essentially charging you to sell items through someone elses property.

I find it utterly reprehensible that a game which is designed around trading, after almost a decade, has no infastructure to support it. Its incredibly lazy. On top of that they make you pay money to use a service they themsrlves dont provide. Theyre too incompetent to find solutions so they ride off of the players backs and then make money off of it. Free labor. For wll the problems d3s AH had at least they were competent enough to provide a method of trading without relying on broke college students and didnt force you to minimize the software every 10 seconds.

Unfortunately i expect nothing less from a game that is basically a glorified slot machine.
l

Buy a supporter pack and don’t make stupid posts please, games F2P and ur worried about third party sites
That thrive with adds... people like you expect the world but don’t spend anything, you don’t even realise LOL
"
TravisColon wrote:
The premium tabs are compatible with Poe.trade regardless and on top of that the tabs predate their first party trade site so it doesnt change what i said.

you said that after nearly a decade the game has no infrastructure to support its trade system. The game went into open beta 5 years ago and it has that infrastructure. The ability to post items in the trading forums predated not only the tabs but also poe.trade which was designed to be a search engine for the trade forums provided.

It doesnt change what you said, but it shows it to be incorrect.
There is even a big TRADE button on the top of the main page. Still OP didn't manage to find it. This thread makes me a sad panda.
"
Summerhood wrote:
"
TravisColon wrote:

l

Buy a supporter pack and don’t make stupid posts please, games F2P and ur worried about third party sites
That thrive with adds... people like you expect the world but don’t spend anything, you don’t even realise LOL

Thats a complete non sequitor. Im not asking for anything free. Id rather pay for a complete game honestly. My point is that theyre being carried by third party software whilst making money off of it and up until recently didnt even have a semi decent alternative and they still havent come up with a better option than alt tabbing.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
TravisColon wrote:

you said that after nearly a decade the game has no infrastructure to support its trade system. The game went into open beta 5 years ago and it has that infrastructure. The ability to post items in the trading forums predated not only the tabs but also poe.trade which was designed to be a search engine for the trade forums provided.

It doesnt change what you said, but it shows it to be incorrect.

GGG knew damn well that the poe.trade method was superior to its own and Instead decided to make money off of it by making you pay to sell. Ofc you could have always used the forum but GGG was well aware that people were avoiding that archaic system in favor of third party filters and until recently decided to monetize others work. Even now with their own system they still undoubtedly know that people are using their tabs for outside sources and have only made a half assed lazy attempt to compete with it while still raling in the money off of other peoples creative work.
"
gnats255 wrote:
There is even a big TRADE button on the top of the main page. Still OP didn't manage to find it. This thread makes me a sad panda.

Whats sad is that you completely missed the point of what i was trying to say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info