3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

I am unhappy with my starter choice, so want to go back to this build which I really enjoyed. Does anyone have the tree for 3.5 posted?

Thanks
enchanted my baron and got this. Is it worth anything? I don't use bone offering so I'll probably sell it if its worth something significant.

"
enchanted my baron and got this. Is it worth anything? I don't use bone offering so I'll probably sell it if its worth something significant.

Hell yeah. Most zombie builds run mon'treguls, which leaves space for a shield, which means mistress of sacrifice and bone offering synergise well. It's basically just below top tier for baron enchants imho.

With incursion being back i think going for a rare chest with %life / +life and some res with the new +%mana/life craft might be better overall than belly. Not needing to get off colors on belly is nice.
My current gear as a league starter years after coming back to the game:

I have a 3R3B Belly I'm working on 6L. I have a few questions:

1) Do I have any major gear objectives besides 6L chest, enchants, and corrupt gems? (using 20/20 skelly vs 20/0 vaal atm)

2) Is it feasible to force zombies to use slam only as I was reading in another build? It seems possible, but I'm not 100% clear on the mechanic.

3) I finished the Barbarism tree to get ele weakness capped. Assuming lvl 100, where would you spend the last six points? Grave Intentions or jewel/resists below scion looks tempting.

4) Does Minion Instability work with Brutality?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Calibix84 on Dec 24, 2018, 4:04:07 AM
"
1) Do I have any major gear objectives besides 6L chest, enchants, and corrupt gems? (using 20/20 skelly vs 20/0 vaal atm)

Not really. This build does not have huge room to improve with a lot of currency but with good jewels and corruptions you can get more life and make use of your last bit of mana - say an aspect or another curse.
"

2) Is it feasible to force zombies to use slam only as I was reading in another build? It seems possible, but I'm not 100% clear on the mechanic.

The "goulish overkill" build guide goes into this in depth. I didn't put much effort into this mechanic, so can't be sure what works 100% of the time.

"
3) I finished the Barbarism tree to get ele weakness capped. Assuming lvl 100, where would you spend the last six points? Grave Intentions or jewel/resists below scion looks tempting.

I'd go minion life myself. Keep minions alive to do their work in the big AOE ridiculous boss damage situations

"
4) Does Minion Instability work with Brutality?

No I don't think so.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
1)2) Is it feasible to force zombies to use slam only as I was reading in another build? It seems possible, but I'm not 100% clear on the mechanic.

The "goulish overkill" build guide goes into this in depth. I didn't put much effort into this mechanic, so can't be sure what works 100% of the t

I looked into it. Your build has zombie's always slamming (at least in my experience and from what I can garner from PoB). The issue arises when minion attack speed gets too high, and the zombie slam animation is faster than the cooldown. While this is a non-issue in this build(not even close to the threshold even when using multistrike), the overkill build is using offerings, haste, 1handers, and multistrike. Visually you can confirm this as well because you'll only ever see the red ring slam animation.

That happened as well. Looking forward to banking currency as I use this build to experience the rest of the endgame and think of a more expensive build to try. I tried a bunch of build in DelveHC as I was getting back into the game, and this build was my favorite. IT offers a nice blend of speed and power with a very relaxed play style.

Last edited by Calibix84 on Dec 25, 2018, 10:51:05 AM
What Ascendencies do you use? Those in the Leveling Section?
So here's my current gear on this build:

(I'm not sure how to post my jewels, but their all 45-50 hp with tier 1 physical dmg rolls and various other mods, spent a lot on them and theirs not a huge amount of room for upgrades on this front. I don't use violent dead as I don't 6l my zombies due to gem slots. I also use a Watchers Eye with Purity of Ele gives 50 chaos resist, and immunity to elemental weakness)

I was using Femur's for a bit for Shaper, but once I got my 6l Queen's I stopped. Might buy a 6l today and test out if it's that much better for bosses. Currently I've downed all content including Uber Elder/Uber Atziri. Uber Atziri is easy deathless, Uber Elder however was a struggle and I needed all 6 portals.

Does anyone have any advice or upgrades I could be using to make Uber Elder an easier fight? My skele's die constantly in the fight, and resummoning becomes a mana burden so maybe that's what I need to resolve? Also I have found this Queen's Hunger chest best in slot after experimentation, if anyone disagrees let me know.
"
Riggadaddy wrote:
So here's my current gear on this build:

(I'm not sure how to post my jewels, but their all 45-50 hp with tier 1 physical dmg rolls and various other mods, spent a lot on them and theirs not a huge amount of room for upgrades on this front. I don't use violent dead as I don't 6l my zombies due to gem slots. I also use a Watchers Eye with Purity of Ele gives 50 chaos resist, and immunity to elemental weakness)

I was using Femur's for a bit for Shaper, but once I got my 6l Queen's I stopped. Might buy a 6l today and test out if it's that much better for bosses. Currently I've downed all content including Uber Elder/Uber Atziri. Uber Atziri is easy deathless, Uber Elder however was a struggle and I needed all 6 portals.

Does anyone have any advice or upgrades I could be using to make Uber Elder an easier fight? My skele's die constantly in the fight, and resummoning becomes a mana burden so maybe that's what I need to resolve? Also I have found this Queen's Hunger chest best in slot after experimentation, if anyone disagrees let me know.

You could try a staff like this (from the temple), with empower. Makes your skeletons more tanky, you could also swap in minion life.

Or get rid of zombies for the fight (mine always died quickly) and use a shield / minion damage 1 hander and put skeletons in your chest. I was never able to beat uber elder with my min maxed version, so grats. I lag too much, I was able to get the fight down to under 25%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info