3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

Is there a trick with minotaur? I felt really strong on all t15 maps and hydra then I got to mino and he wrecked my minions and killed me pretty easily
"
Is there a trick with minotaur? I felt really strong on all t15 maps and hydra then I got to mino and he wrecked my minions and killed me pretty easily

I posted this, I have 2 forum accounts for some reason.
Last edited by NSUCK on Jun 16, 2018, 5:28:24 AM
Hey, great build.

One question. Why blood magic for AG/Spectres? We don't use them very much so seems like a big lose to lose a socket to BM.
Last edited by Aevaris on Jun 16, 2018, 8:25:26 AM
"
Aevaris wrote:
Hey, great build.

One question. Why blood magic for AG/Spectres? We don't use them very much so seems like a big lose to lose a socket to BM.

My understanding is that the monsters we use for Spectres in this build have low mana so they do not cast their Frenzy spell often. With BM they can cast it very freely and regen the lost life almost immediately.

"
mcbats wrote:
I have a 6 link belly. Would a 1hander with minion damage and +1 to skill gems be worth it opposed to queen's escape?

No, Queen's Escape is powerful because of the added movement speed to minions. It makes a huge difference because it significantly reduces the time taken for the minions to reach their targets and start doing damage. You also get + 1 Skele/Zombie/Spectre which is a big deal as well.

Put Skellies in your 6L and try to get a 4l/5l Queen's Escape for your Zombies.

I found it pretty cheap to buy Queen's Decrees with perfect minion damage and life rolls and then upgrade them by buying the appropriate prophecies (2-5c total).
Last edited by Thauma on Jun 16, 2018, 9:07:49 AM
Hey thanks for this great build I'm kicking ass at tier 8 maps. One question: I have a baron with %40 damage for spectres enchant. Is it worth to reroll this because spectres don't do much damage and only provide frenzy and power charges?
Last edited by akcaovalee on Jun 16, 2018, 9:07:24 AM
"
akcaovalee wrote:
Hey thanks for this great build I'm kicking ass at tier 8 maps. One question: I have a baron with %40 damage for spectres enchant. Is it worth to reroll this because spectres don't do much damage and only provide frenzy and power charges?

I'd suggest just buying a new Baron and selling the current one - that enchant is reasonably valuable.
"

Minotaur is a hard fight for us. His HP is so high that you cannot finish the fight quickly, so you'll need to kite well. The AOE rock falls wreck minions and minotaur attacks will too.

some suggestions:
- Don't try this fight if you are close to levelling up!
- Swap phase run for flame dash. You'll want a teleport type skill to get past the electic slowing feature. Phase run is not a good skill for this fight.
- unsummon animated guardian
- spectres, golem and zombies will probably die fast, so skellies are doing the work here.
- take a reduced physical damage or increased armour flask like rumi's concoction
- It seems to me to be better to take a minotaur hit than be caught in the rockfalls, or the electricity field, so your priority should be
1) dodge rockfalls and the electric slowing shocking things
2) dodge minotaur hits
3) cast skeletons
4) stay out of harms way while skeletons whack away.

Once they die, repeat steps.

Last edited by grimlock9999 on Jun 16, 2018, 10:19:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestions grim and Thauma I'll buy a new baron then.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/yalpe/characters

Thoughts on my gear in general? I think I'll drop decoy totem/voideye soon as I don't use it that much. I'd rather have more life on the ring.

Would you keep the helmet enchant? (+36% resists to all minions)

I just finished the uber lab/reg atziri without dying and I'm starting T9 maps soon. My jewels are far from great too. My money goes towards a 6L Queen's Escape. I got a perfect roll decree (15% dmg and life and 199% duration!). Sadly I only got 90% speed on it.
;
Should I get jewels first instead?

I also recommend Rotgut, its been great for those maps with lots of branching.
Last edited by Yalpe on Jun 16, 2018, 11:19:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info