3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
Hey, Grim

Looking over your 3.3 version. How are you managing the dex on the body armour? Or, is that not the correct armour?

It's 197 dex to wear and you only have 99.

I like the extra defensive layers but some of that gear is going to be a little tough to color! Lol

May have to start with a variation of your 3.2 build and work from there.

Good Luck in the next league and thanks for sharing all your hard work!! :)

I'd just have to get it from the rings, belt, tree somehow. The whole link I pasted is makebelieve, so I probably won't even try to get a 6 link perfect form in real life, let alone colour it.

Yet, the tanky version has a lot of synergy even with cheap items. I reckon you could do all content deathless even with tabula rasa, as long as you play safe enough. Other options would be lightning coil, or pretty much any 6 link chest should be fine - I just have a fascination with minimising elemental damage.

I would go the tanky route if I thought I had the patience for hardcore: I'm genuinely curious as to what it takes to get to end game deathless. In reality I think I'll aim for the speedy version as well, it's just so much fun, even if you will die occasionally.
This being my first build guide, should I just update the old one or make a new thread for 3.3 discussions? Looks like there won't be many changes or new item choices ... summoners got a bit left out of the rework.
I'd say tag it as 3.3 SSF/HC viable if you want more exposure, but the overall build is fine as is.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
Hey, Grim

Looking over your 3.3 version. How are you managing the dex on the body armour? Or, is that not the correct armour?

It's 197 dex to wear and you only have 99.

I like the extra defensive layers but some of that gear is going to be a little tough to color! Lol

May have to start with a variation of your 3.2 build and work from there.

Good Luck in the next league and thanks for sharing all your hard work!! :)

I'd just have to get it from the rings, belt, tree somehow. The whole link I pasted is makebelieve, so I probably won't even try to get a 6 link perfect form in real life, let alone colour it.

Yet, the tanky version has a lot of synergy even with cheap items. I reckon you could do all content deathless even with tabula rasa, as long as you play safe enough. Other options would be lightning coil, or pretty much any 6 link chest should be fine - I just have a fascination with minimising elemental damage.

I would go the tanky route if I thought I had the patience for hardcore: I'm genuinely curious as to what it takes to get to end game deathless. In reality I think I'll aim for the speedy version as well, it's just so much fun, even if you will die occasionally.

Well, in the end, I'm going to grab whatever I can get my hands on to keep progressing. I prefer to be more tanky, as I usually play alone, so I'm never in a rush to map clear. It annoys me when my toon gets whacked, so I'll play slower to stay safe.

You'll have to post something if you get that elemental mitigating speedster going. I'd be interested to see it.

The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
I'd say tag it as 3.3 SSF/HC viable if you want more exposure, but the overall build is fine as is.

I second this mention. I intend to use phys (vaal) skellies as my league starter for SSF HC tomorrow.

Also, OP, I want to say I think the way you wrote the guide is great. It's simple, clear, specific, and concise. Thanks for your work!
Damn, this community is nice.

"There is no Pleasure like that of receiving Praise from the Praiseworthy" - Richard Steele
hey grim I am a new player and I have a question. Can you tell me what is different between your build and ghazzy's build? any pros and cons? To be honest, I want to play the one that is most low currency favorable/beginner appropriate.

ghazzy build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1704143
"
hey grim I am a new player and I have a question. Can you tell me what is different between your build and ghazzy's build? any pros and cons? To be honest, I want to play the one that is most low currency favorable/beginner appropriate.

ghazzy build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1704143

Hi sighlight. The first thing to recognise is that because they are reasonably similar, you can level without deciding, and see what gear you find, or what playstyle you like and decide later.

Ghazzy has awesome builds, but this lich queen one will be a little tough for end game content. I definitely do not recommend playing a skeleton mage build past yellow maps, as they are in a bad spot right now. They simply do not deal enough damage. So for end game, you're better off looking at melee skeletons... however, skeleton mages are awesome for the 10 acts and mapping on white maps!

For end game, you'd probably find you are safer taking on the badass bosses with this spectre build of his: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623489

OK, let's try some pro's/con's
main con of that build is that any scourge build needs you to hit a monster, which tests out your mechanics and reflexes a lot more.

The main pro is that this build is designed to be much simpler. Easier to position yourself, easier to push buttons, easier to stay alive.

Costwise, I think this one would need more currency as a 5 link queens escape might cost a few more chaos orbs than the lich queen build. On the other hand, this build has a much easier time capping resists, so you are less dependent on finding/buying well rolled rings and suchlike. Both builds can claim that they do not require much currency, as the only item that got really expensive last league was the optional astramentis.

Safety wise, this build wins hands down. You can cast your skellies much further away and their minion speed will kill enemies faster. This build can be played at super long range. This build uses all of its mana on defences. This build has much faster movement speed for you, and kiting is super important in this game. Also, zombies should draw more aggro than spectres. Also, note the voideye + decoy totem combo. I can't tell you how happy I was to find this thing when I was new and getting used to the boss fights. You can watch their animations attack the totem instead of yourself (most of the time). And it will keep you alive while you learn about all the 'blink and you're dead' stuff that this game has, like opening chests or getting stunned.

Skilltree This build grabs more life, resists, and life regen. The lich queen build can't use spectres to generate charges, so must go across to the necromantic aegis, and dedicate an item slot to victarios charity.

There's obviously a bit of bias in here, but hope it helps anyhow!
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Jun 1, 2018, 4:52:46 AM
This build is exactly what I was looking for.

Love the ammount of life regen, means easy to farm uber lab. :)

Is there anything that this build cant do and how does it perform on T15 & 16 maps?
Last edited by CroDanZ on Jun 1, 2018, 8:09:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info