[WIP] Blink/mirror arrow summoner

"
primal wrote:
Hey there, currently running a similar build myself. I hit maps and thought that a Champion might also be a great choice for this build with the Conqueror/Worthy Foe combination allowing you to utilize Chin Sol with cannot evade. Then you've also got Inspirational for the 35% increased damage and First to Strike, Last to Fall giving you intimidate if you hit them with your ice arrow GMP prior to throwing your mirror/blink traps. Then there's the defensive sides of several of those as well.

The only possible caveat would be the trickier utilization of EE (Chin Sol's fire damage), but I suppose you could just stack lightning damage on the abyss jewels.

Maybe I'll try throwing one of those together this weekend.

Thanks for sharing.

Not a bad idea, though I'd pick Fortitude over Inspirational any day of the week.
It seems PoB ignores the 100% more damage of Chin Sol, but you should end up having higher dps than my saboteur.
It does come at the cost of losing perma blind, 20% regen and a lot of trap CD reduction. Instead you get 20% dmg reduction from fortify, 6% from conqueror, 10% from minion taunt and stun immunity.

https://pastebin.com/H6TXzjf5 <- What it might look like?

My biggest concern is losing the 20% regen that allows you to maintain life or an ES pool. Tinkerskin alone isn't good enough.

edit: about the EE problem, you could use a spell instead. Clunky I know, but you'd only really need it against bosses/rares.
Last edited by Scully on Mar 27, 2018, 12:48:55 PM
How many clones do you have up on average ? How do you fight bosses / mapping ?

"
How many clones do you have up on average ?

Averaging maybe 40 clones up on bosses, if the boss lives long enough.

"
How do you fight bosses / mapping ?

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but I'll upload a little video tomorrow probably. It's not a very quick map clearer, but boss dps is good.
Last edited by Scully on Mar 28, 2018, 3:46:08 PM
Here's a video I quickly threw together just to show kinda how the build plays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOO0ai1Npb4&feature=youtu.be

Excuse the music, I forgot (didn't bother) to turn it off. The recording also crashed at the end, probably because my old HDD is dying.

I will be recording proper videos for the actual guide, which will be written if I'm happy with the build (which I am so far).
Thats pretty cool, the boss dmg looks nice.. sux that your clones dont have GMP like a deadeye version would so the clear is abit lack luster imo
You could throw GMP on either mirror or blink arrow if you want, though I doubt it would increase clearspeed by a lot. Deadeye has potential for faster map clears, it just doesn't have any defences unfortunately.

I suspect getting 20% on mirror/blink would help clearspeed a lot, as arrow speed should increase how fast the minions are summoned if I understand it correctly.
Last edited by Scully on Mar 30, 2018, 6:52:26 AM
Just putting it out there that my guild is recruiting players. I'll be more available to answer questions in guild chat.

HC guild btw
Last edited by Scully on Apr 1, 2018, 9:45:46 AM
Elder guardians and atziri down. Pretty much a cakewalk except for the archer guardian dude who kept running away from my minions. Wondering if point blank support is worth it...
Leveling guide!

There are many viable leveling abilities one can use to level, but for this guide I'll be using a favourite of mine, Blade Vortex. It synergizes well with the duration nodes we get and with the Born in the Shadows ascendancy. The latter makes leveling easy breezy.

Why not level as arrow/mirror summoner? We'd need to rush chain reaction to make traps feel smooth and that leaves us very squishy up until we get Born in the Shadows from merciless lab.

The general rule for leveling is to stay 2-4 levels beneath the area level to maximize experience gain.

Useful links:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quest_Rewards
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Passive_skill#Passive_skill_points_as_quest_rewards

Level 1-12:

https://pastebin.com/VBxUbL2m <- Path of Building link
We don't get Blade Vortex until level 12, so we'll use Ethereal Knives linked with Lesser Poison to level with until then. Not ideal, but it's only for the first few levels.

Do Mercy Mission for the Quicksilver flask reward. Buy Arcane Surge from the vendor and don't level it, keep it at lvl 1. We'll link this to Flame Dash, which get after killing Brutus. You should have a 3link by now, swap lesser poison for Added Cold and Added Lightning.

After we kill Merveil we get our leveling skill, Blade Vortex.

Good uniques:
Lifesprig - +1 skill wand
Tabula Rasa - 6link
Goldrim - Resistances
Wanderlust - Movement speed & Freeze immune

Level 12-70:

https://pastebin.com/DGhq531E <- Path of Building link
With BV equipped these levels fly by very quickly. Our primary defence will be the blind we get from Born in the Shadows, which while really strong won't prevent one-shots or protect against spells/secondary effects. Be wary of this!

Make note of the gems you need for when you eventually respec over to mirror/blink arrow and buy them from vendors as they become available:
Minion Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks & Point Blank
Mirror & Blink Arrow
Generosity, Wrath & Anger auras
Flesh Offering & Desecrate (don't overlevel)
Cast When Damage Taken & Immortal call (don't overlevel)
Projectile Weakness, Curse on Hit, Greater Multiple Projectiles & Ice Shot

Equip 2 weapons with 3 sockets each in your second weapon set. Socket in: Anger, Wrath, Mirror & Blink arrow, Minion Damage and Point Blank. You'll want these level'd for when you respec.
A Fixture of Fate (act 3) and Fallen from Grace (act 6) both give access to almost every skill/support gem in the game.

Good uniques:
Reverberation Wand - +1 skill wand & free support
Amplification Rod - +1 skill wand & free supports
Ashrend - Potential 5link (can be difficult to colour)

Level 70-90:

https://pastebin.com/uY6PJVN5 <- Path of Building link
After doing merciless lab you can start playing as a Mirror/Blink arrow summoner. This means it's time to respec. Do every refund book quests available, we'll need 26 refund points. Respec out of Explosives Expert and grab Chain Reaction. Unfortunately we only get 16 refund points from quests so we will have to use/buy some regret orbs. Pyromaniac ascendancy we get last, from the uber lab.

The last nodes to grab in the tree are Energy Shield related nodes like Zealots Oath, Arcane Focus and Foresight. No point in getting these until we have a decent sized ES pool.

You can continue to play Blade Vortex in very early mapping, but you'll start feeling quite squishy and it's not recommended.

Good uniques:
Deerstalker - 5link
"
Scully wrote:
Traps have their own cooldown however and Saboteur is the best ascendancy to go with for reducing trap cooldowns.

Just want to point out that Deadeye's Fast and Deadly (100% increased cooldown recovery) still affects the trap cooldown speed of Blink/Mirror Arrow with Trap Support

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info