[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

I recently tried this build as well, on a character that had a different build before.

I bought the basic gear, tried to do delve 485~ cities, and I can kill stuff pretty fast, but I still can die, very easily

what can i do to improve my survivability, if someone experienced wants to take a look at my character. Thanks!

Oh and I also find damage VS bosses very lackluster, is it not supposed to kill Guardians that well? Something feel very.. amiss, it can't be THAT good vs group of mobs but suck so badly VS single target.
Last edited by pewdie on Nov 3, 2018, 1:34:47 AM
1. dual wielding means more damage. you are playing with a shield.
2. ur jewels have no crit multi. so you are loosing a lot of dmg (since u are normally at 85 to 90% inc cc)
https://pastebin.com/AbM0ZZUT

Can someone more knowledgeable have a look over my build? Damage seems enough and destroys any trash mobs. Done some T15's - Reef, Lava Lake with beyond, double course and dmg multipliers with no problems but when to do the bosses I got rekt. Went down to my last portal. Sometimes I get 1 shot but most of the times I just don't leech enough to regenerate back the life.

I know my gear still needs a bit of work but still at 1.5mil dps shouldn't have such problems. Even with Acrobatics my defence is very poor. Which is a known fact on BV but from doing Uber Elder to a T15 boss is a long way. Something must be wrong in my setup.

I have respec out of Mom in favour of Acrobatics and Innervate

I am working on getting a better warlords ring so I can add the Mark ring and still be able to keep HH for clear speed on trash.

I have an Stygian belt which I use on bosses and a CE gem to swap with CD

Working on helm ench

Working on a Shaper amy, Just need to finish it.

Any ideas on how to improve survivability? I was thinking of adding a Vaal Grace but that won't last forever.

Using whirling blades is so painfully slow and I always find myself behind in parties.

Cheers
"
niksxs wrote:
@Crackulous

thank you very much for your help.
my aul had the following mods (did it 1st try with the items u suggested :D)
50% chance to avoid ele ailments
+320% inc crit strike chance
+44$ crit multi
cant be taunted
cannot be slowed below base speed

but i got a question. how do u generate power charges?

Orb of Storms - Arcane Surge - Power Charge on Crit
Last edited by Crackulous on Nov 5, 2018, 6:31:37 AM
Playing similar but slightly different build:
Using almost all reservation nodes on the tree, Alpha's howl and shield, which gives blood magic to inserted gems. Set there 3 heralds (cost me 9% life in total).

Also use Grace (Alpha gives +2 lvl which is very good for it), Warlords mark with Blasphemy and Elemental weakness with Spell totem support. For second curse using boots.

Also using 4th herald (of Purity). It adds some damage, but also generates minions to take enemy's attention from me (really helps).

For movement i use Flame dash (it also allows to activate Arcane surge).

Dont use power charges, cause cant get enough points for them.

Got some evasion on the tree (traveled through the bottom of scion circle). It also helps to get enough dexterity and get to Charisma. In result have like 15k evasion without flasks.

Now thinking about Aul's amulet (Grace variant as a cheapest one). It will allow me to use Haste or Hatred. I prefer Haste, because i need some more speed. Maybe it is also a good idea to swap Inpulsa for Queen of the forest. Saying that, because i played BV build a few leagues ago (as a pathfinder) and had no problems with guardians or Shaper just because of very good movement speed and evasion.

Also still dont have 6-link and good Watcher's eye.

The bad side of my build: very low life (4k after reservation). It will be around 4300 after some leveling and getting good jewels instead of the trash i currently have. But 4300 is still low.

My profile must be opened. You can check the build if you wish.

Also i need an advice: now i m 90 and have 1 skill point. I think, i ll be able toget to 95. Also i can get back 2 points from bandit quest (now using Alira's bonus). So, there will be 8 points to spend. I have some options, but cant choose.

I can take alchemist nodes at the witch starting point. Also i can take additional area nodes just below alchemist.

Or i can take some phys and chaos damage near to CI.

Or i can get Acrobatics line.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Just done last tuning for my quad herald crit ele BV build. 99 lvl, great clear speed and very fast boss kill character.
Delving 600+ atm, all is pretty cool. Will see where I will come in the end of the league in solo delve.
Acro/Phase acro tree with some GG jewels, all DPS gems 21/20

PoB - https://pastebin.com/ewaxcVnv

DPS with flasks - 3,1kk
DPS with falsks and shock (if we'll add shock from ascendancy +20% - 3,7kk)
and with PoB enabled is the enemies shocked - crazy 4,6kk)

Gear under spoiler

Spoiler
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
"
Slava_N wrote:
Just done last tuning for my quad herald crit ele BV build. 99 lvl, great clear speed and very fast boss kill character.
Delving 600+ atm, all is pretty cool. Will see where I will come in the end of the league in solo delve.
Acro/Phase acro tree with some GG jewels, all DPS gems 21/20

PoB - https://pastebin.com/ewaxcVnv

DPS with flasks - 3,1kk
DPS with falsks and shock (if we'll add shock from ascendancy +20% - 3,7kk)
and with PoB enabled is the enemies shocked - crazy 4,6kk)

How do you run 4 heralds with no enlighten? I didn't see any nodes for mana reservation taken either. I must be missing something cause 4 x 25% is max mana used but you still have over 33% left according to POB
"
alecs87 wrote:
How do you run 4 heralds with no enlighten? I didn't see any nodes for mana reservation taken either. I must be missing something cause 4 x 25% is max mana used but you still have over 33% left according to POB

Mastermind of Discord from ascendancy cut heralds mana reservation.
My mana - 1050, 798 reserved, 252 is ready to use.

Edit: 25% reservation is a basic value, Mastermind of Discord cut it to ~19%. Check math in PoB.

Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/lee0ej
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
Last edited by Slava_N on Nov 4, 2018, 5:06:10 PM
Mastermind of discord says that heralds mana reservation is reduced by 25%. So, if 4 heralds reserve 100%, they will reserve only 75% with MoD. Pretty awesome passive skill :)

"
My mana - 1050, 798 reserved, 252 is ready to use.

Edit: 25% reservation is a basic value, Mastermind of Discord cut it to 20%

25% of 1050 is 262. Dunno why it shows only 252, but i have similar problem. Tried to count if i able to reserve Haste without Aul's amulet. Got 70 mana left in practice. But it must be slightly more than that.

I reserve warlords mark and grace with enlighten (2 lvl) now. 30% reduced reservation on a tree and 8% in a hat. So, we got 100%-42% and multiply it by 85%. Got 49.3% reserved. Plus i have herald of purity without enlighten. It is 25%*(100-38-25)=9.25%. Or 58.55% total. If i add Haste, it will take another 50%*(100%-38%)=31% for 89.55% total. So, if i have 10.5% mana left, which is 70, it means, my maximum mana is around 670, but i have more.

May be the game counts each skill individually and rounds up every time...
Last edited by NiobMordodrukow on Nov 4, 2018, 5:16:30 PM
"
Mastermind of Discord cut it to ~19%

Just count:
75% of 25 will be 18.75%
So, if you lose 10 mana from 4 heralds, and you have 1050 mana total, it will be 1% (which is lost, because the game rounds up 18.75 to 19 4 times).

So, yeah, looks like it works like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info