Data about how Beastcrafting is being used

"

Holy shit dude you're level 51 so I'm guessing you haven't even killed Kitava yet, no one wants anything handed to them rather than to have fun in a league, unfortunately this might be the worst league ever created in PoE history, worse than tempest which was awful at the time being.

Maybe you've had fun crafting 15% movement speed on your wool shoes but eventually you will come to maps and capture beasts and wonder "why the hell am I doing this" and then you'll realize how fucking dreadfully boring this league is. But maybe you should post after you've completed the game, luckily for you that will probably go super fast with all the "awesome items" you've crafted you NUT

You are lucky that GGG isn't charging monthly like many other games are... But the way people are complaining around here, you would think that people were being charged $15.00 a month or something. and if the "THREE MONTH" league has any faults they trash the hell out of the game. smfh

Last edited by Mentoya on Mar 15, 2018, 10:30:43 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
"

Holy shit dude you're level 51 so I'm guessing you haven't even killed Kitava yet, no one wants anything handed to them rather than to have fun in a league, unfortunately this might be the worst league ever created in PoE history, worse than tempest which was awful at the time being.

Maybe you've had fun crafting 15% movement speed on your wool shoes but eventually you will come to maps and capture beasts and wonder "why the hell am I doing this" and then you'll realize how fucking dreadfully boring this league is. But maybe you should post after you've completed the game, luckily for you that will probably go super fast with all the "awesome items" you've crafted you NUT

You are lucky that GGG isn't charging monthly like many other games are... But the way people are complaining around here, you would think that people were being charged $15.00 a month or something. and if the "THREE MONTH" league has any faults they trash the hell out of the game. smfh

That literally has nothing to do with what he just said.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Mentoya wrote:
I've crafted some very awesome items! For those who haven't crafted, you are missing out........Don't blame the league for that. I thought catching the beasts at first was hard too since I'm a totem user. But with a bit of creativity and strategic planning, it's not that hard at all.

GGG keeps making it easier to catch beasts, but people are still bitching and complaining lol....

Thanks GGG!!!

You seem to have a very narrow minded viewpoint on this. Just because it's easy for you, that does not mean it isn't affecting a large number of other people.
I want to be transparent about our intentions here:

We have deployed Beast Trading today and are now gathering data about how it affects the rate that people open portals to the Spirit Beasts. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, our plan is to increase the access to Spirit Beasts after the weekend.

I am sorry that content goes out rarer than it ends up. This is partly intentional (better to be cautious), and also partly because it's very hard to balance these values across large numbers of players. We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it. Based on past data, a league with final content that is rarer than it should be does perform better than a league that has content that is equivalently more common than it should be. This is not an excuse to make content too rare, and we do plan to change it based on your feedback and our data.

To be clear, please note that I am discussing an increase to the relative spawn rate of the four Legendary Beasts that grant access to the Spirit Beast areas. I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

Expect a news post on Monday NZ time with more information.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:

We have deployed Beast Trading today and are now gathering data about how it affects the rate that people open portals to the Spirit Beasts. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, our plan is to increase the access to Spirit Beasts after the weekend.

I am sorry that content goes out rarer than it ends up. This is partly intentional (better to be cautious), and also partly because it's very hard to balance these values across large numbers of players. We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it. Based on past data, a league with final content that is rarer than it should be does perform better than a league that has content that is equivalently more common than it should be. This is not an excuse to make content too rare, and we do plan to change it based on your feedback and our data.

To be clear, please note that I am discussing an increase to the relative spawn rate of the four Legendary Beasts that grant access to the Spirit Beast areas. I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

Dude we my as well be playing standard =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

No, but it's the bottom line that over-complainers always tend to avoid.
"
Mentoya wrote:
"

What are you even talking about I've been an avid supporter since 2012, if we can give them praise when a league is good why can't we criticize a league when it's fucking bad? At least I had fun every other league but this league I could've just played standard cause it would feel exactly the same except I'd skip the leveling
"
Frankwhizza wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"

What are you even talking about I've been an avid supporter since 2012, if we can give them praise when a league is good why can't we criticize a league when it's fucking bad? At least I had fun every other league but this league I could've just played standard cause it would feel exactly the same except I'd skip the leveling

It may not be you specifically. But there are people who complain league after league after league after league. Nothing satisfies them. Besides, that's why standard is there in case you don't like a league....Standard is fun as hell because you can experiment without having to worry about trying to find the currency to spend your gear on. That's what Standard is for, they can go all out in Standard and run their character to 100. But some people just prefer to bitch over and over and over and never stop complaining, when they could just skip a league for 3 months and be playing in Standard....
Last edited by Mentoya on Mar 15, 2018, 10:49:06 PM
"
Chris wrote:

I defended this leagues mechanic extensively, but it is just goddamn stupid to make the monsters as rare as you did, just because people might have easy access after you enable trading. Atm it feels, as other have said before me, like playing standard. I love red mob encounters, they are challenging and fun encounters, but they are way to rare. You barely notice that your are actually playing a league.

Either make the beasts untradeable or give every player the option to deactivate beasttrading permanently and adjust the spawnrate for those to the accessibility level you want them to be with trading.(every beast spawned in an instance created by someone with deactivated trading can obviously only be caught by someone who also deactived beasttrading)

I just want to interact with the league, not play the game as i always do by buying access to use a slightly different UI element to obtain my loot -.-

edit: spelling
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
Last edited by Temeritas on Mar 15, 2018, 10:51:09 PM
"
Chris wrote:

We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it.

It's kinda simple:
1. Remove beast trading.
2. Increase spawn rates.

Balance things around trading ends up with a lot of people that never interact with fun content almost all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info