[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

Yeah also holding on to a prophecy patiently haha.

Advice for pre-Mind of the Council fix:

Jewelry has a veiled mod that gains % of damage taken as mana. Since we likely won't have Wrath Watcher's Eye for a while just keep looking for jewelry syndicate member, buff and kill, then aim for buffing that specific craft level.

Outside of that I've also just gone back to running Warlord's Mark on herald.

"
Moset wrote:
Yes i noticed, this is sad.. I spent hours and about 10c trying to make this work (: Hopefully it will be fixed asap, i still have the prophecy :) Nice get on that amulet already man.

Thanks it was pretty big buff. (Once I saw we can't get MoM and the 5ex Inpulsa cost I decided to aim for it first.) Orb of Storms still kills packs pretty well.
Last edited by alt01dz on Dec 10, 2018, 2:35:23 PM
Another question for you man, I am 84 atm, and i am still using a 5link because i think its fine, i get Some trouble on the Syndicate ambushes but otherwise im fine. I dont see how/why i should put hypothermia in there? I deal zero cold dmg. Where should this cold damage come from? Im using LT-CwC-arc-CD- and lightning pen. I know hypo can be really good, i just.. Dont see how here :)

Today Merc labs will be downed, see if the book spawns there :( probably not.

What do you think of this want i got yesterday for 15c?? (sry for no image)

Opal Wand
38% spell dmg
+2 level lightning gems
78% lightning dmg
2 to 56 lightning dmg to spells
13% cast spped
32% increased critical strike chance
40% increased critical strike chance for spells
Get one jewel with cold damage to spells for hypothermia to take affect.

I also bought a "Herald of Thunder reserves 30% less Mana" enchanted helm and essence crafted "% less Mana reserved" on it. Now I can run herald of ice pretty comfortable for insanely faster clear speed until I get inpulsa's.

Also swap to shield charge - faster attacks - power charge on crit - added lightning for maps like strand. Slower than warp but more quick on those.
"
Moset wrote:
Another question for you man, I am 84 atm, and i am still using a 5link because i think its fine, i get Some trouble on the Syndicate ambushes but otherwise im fine. I dont see how/why i should put hypothermia in there? I deal zero cold dmg. Where should this cold damage come from? Im using LT-CwC-arc-CD- and lightning pen. I know hypo can be really good, i just.. Dont see how here :)

Today Merc labs will be downed, see if the book spawns there :( probably not.

What do you think of this want i got yesterday for 15c?? (sry for no image)

Opal Wand
38% spell dmg
+2 level lightning gems
78% lightning dmg
2 to 56 lightning dmg to spells
13% cast spped
32% increased critical strike chance
40% increased critical strike chance for spells

Sweet wand, you can socket HoT in that :D

As o314 said, for Hypothermia the easiest way is an Abyssal jewel with any value of flat Cold Damage to spells. You also have the new crafted mod :

"Adds (3–4) to (5–8) Cold Damage
Adds 1 to (7–12) Lightning Damage"

You can craft that prefix on a ring or a shield, it's global damage so it will apply to spells as well.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Last edited by Swiks on Dec 11, 2018, 7:14:22 AM
hey i love the build (despite the price tag) and was wondering if it could be made to work with doryani's fist?

doryani's touch got a bunch of buffs this league so i wanted to give it a try.
From the Patch Note :
"
Fixed a bug where The Unbreathing Queen II and Unbearable Whispers V prophecies would not trigger in the Labyrinth.

It will be fixed in the next Patch coming tomorrow !

"
Amanoon wrote:
hey i love the build (despite the price tag) and was wondering if it could be made to work with doryani's fist?

doryani's touch got a bunch of buffs this league so i wanted to give it a try.

It definitely possible to play with a Doryani's Fist, it not optimized because you will lose 3 sockets and a bunch of damage/life/resistances but if you don't plan on pushing endgame bosses you can do it.
About the Touch of God skill itself, I don't think this build is a good template to use, it doesn't benefits from the same stats as Lightning Tendrils or Arc. If you want to use that skill specifically you should probably look for an Inquisitor build, could also work with Scion or a melee oriented Elementalist.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.

No more singularity MTX!
Hey! I always liked the spell Lightning Tendrils, and Im glad someone made a build out of it. I seem to be dying quite often on low teir maps (~T5). With regards to the playstyle, how often do you think it is ok to remain still and channel for? Some mobs seem to chunk me down before I can even cast for half a second.

Thanks for any help!
I'm having alot of issues with the usage of MoM..
It pretty much screws me up everytime i get combo'ed.
I'm practically dead + no mana to warp out.

How could i fix this?

I'm pretty "noob" when it comes to all these kinds of things..

I have 20 chaos and thats pretty much it. :D

"
jiropracter wrote:
Hey! I always liked the spell Lightning Tendrils, and Im glad someone made a build out of it. I seem to be dying quite often on low teir maps (~T5). With regards to the playstyle, how often do you think it is ok to remain still and channel for? Some mobs seem to chunk me down before I can even cast for half a second.

Thanks for any help!

I think you are lacking damage, T5 should not be an issue. Try to do the two missing labs ASAP and pick any cheap jewel with Added Cold damage to Spells, this will almost double your dps output. Switch to a Singularity it will bump your damage and add the Hindering aura that helps with survivability too. And Mind of the Council, I can not recommend this enough, it's a real life saver for you mana pool. Mana pool that is a bit too low, try to get your unreserved mana at least to 30% of your life pool.

About the playstyle, I usually chanel until everything in front on me is dead unless it's a map boss, a crazy Red beast/Essence mob or those scary Syndicate members than even tank builds have trouble with. There, I kite as much as possible so one or two procs of Arc and then reposition.

"
Paulieboy wrote:
I'm having alot of issues with the usage of MoM..
It pretty much screws me up everytime i get combo'ed.
I'm practically dead + no mana to warp out.

How could i fix this?

I'm pretty "noob" when it comes to all these kinds of things..

I have 20 chaos and thats pretty much it. :D

There is a HUGE red flag in your build, your elemental resistances are not capped ! The game is balanced on the assumption that every character have 75% resistances in the three elements. You need to stop everything you are doing to cap them. Helmet and both Rings are good. The Gloves and Chest are good too until you can afford or Chance an Inpulsa. For the rest I can give you some examples of what types of items to pick, you can ultimately pick whatever you want as long as you have a total of 75% res in all three elements :

First your boots, change them for something with life, at least 20% MS and some res : Example of research
If you can get mana on top of it, it's perfect.
Your belt, the stats are the good one but the values are EXTREMELY low : Example of research
Your Amulet is okay, you can keep that until Choir of the Storm. If you want to change it aim for a 50+ life, 30 crit chance, 30 crit multi. That's usually not a slot for resistances.
Your Shield is okay too but I would still recommend aiming more for crit mod than spell damage or lightning damage mods, something like that. The Unyielding Flame is an okay pick for the price.

Change your wand for a decently rolled Singularity, it's better in damage and you gain an aura that slows ennemies.

Once your gear is fixed try to do the two missing Labs ASAP ! If after all that you still have issues with mana, remove Conductivity from the Curse on Hit setup and use Warlord's Mark for some mana leech.

Last edited by Swiks on Dec 15, 2018, 6:17:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info