[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

"
Swiks wrote:

Hey ! Thanks for that, I need to use that functionality more. I'm not sure about Enki's items because we don't scale damage the same way, maybe be replacing cast speed and spell damage by crit chance and crit multiplier.

Yeah the cast speed help early on to have a smoother leveling but when you get around level 70+ with a bunch of uniques, Spell Damage outperform Cast Speed because it applies to both LT and Arc. The difference is not that big to be honest, so if you prefer Cast Speed you can stick with it.

After looking at the trees I think I want to rework a bit some of them, I'll try to do that today when I have some time.

No problem, can't wait! I'll make a new PoB set up if you don't for it. Practiced leveling in SSF a few times. Nuts how fast it takes off with Arc and each gear added, i.e. 3L/4L blue. Slow beginning but it definitely starts to steam roll

Look forward to updates!
Guide is updated for 3.5 Betrayal league !

No major changes, but I modified the leveling trees and cleaned up some part of the guide, it should be a bit more understandable overall now.

For the 3.5 the only thing that affected the build is a slight nerf to the Inpulsa. The corpse explosion got nerfed to 5% form 10% of the maximum life, it's not a big deal because all the important stats (Life, Shock Effect,...) are untouched and the 5% explosion is enough to one shot pack even in T16. So don't worry, this build is as strong as always !
Note, Incursion and Bestiary are back this league so Vaal Arc level 21 will be available !

About the new Storm Brand skill, I want to try it myself before including it in this build so I will start the league as a Brand Elementalist and see how it goes.

Now we don't have all the new Uniques and new mods from Betrayal so expect some updates as the league progress !
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701

Gloves and boots are obvious upgrades but the QoL on both (cast speed + enchant) is nice enough for me not to be concerned yet as my res is all 80+%

Hey man, nice build! I am following this one, just some minor changes i made (probably not for the better, but for my playstyle)

Question though... How do you get Mind of the Council nowadays? I bought the sealed prophecies unstable whispers 1,2,3,4 and 5.. And the book just wont show up in lab? Is there some trick to this or what? I cant get it to work, and the prophecy text doesnt seem to "appear" when you start the lab run so i never know if its there or not... Any tips? good luck man.
Nice to see this build played again this league, I also got a few PMs in game from players :)

"
Moset wrote:
Hey man, nice build! I am following this one, just some minor changes i made (probably not for the better, but for my playstyle)

Question though... How do you get Mind of the Council nowadays? I bought the sealed prophecies unstable whispers 1,2,3,4 and 5.. And the book just wont show up in lab? Is there some trick to this or what? I cant get it to work, and the prophecy text doesnt seem to "appear" when you start the lab run so i never know if its there or not... Any tips? good luck man.

Now that's REALLY concerning, after reading that I checked the trade sites and the is ZERO MotC listed even Offline, and it's not listed in poe.ninja... I think this is a bug that prevent the tome from spawning and everyone is affected by it.

I sent a bug report for that, it also mean the Pale Council is not doable and the 4 uniques they drop (some are build enabling) are gated behind this bug...
That's a sad twist for the build :(

Edit: Looks like it's in the "High-Priority" list of bugs, so we can hope it should be fixed fairly soon.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Last edited by Swiks on Dec 10, 2018, 4:55:26 AM
Yes i noticed, this is sad.. I spent hours and about 10c trying to make this work (: Hopefully it will be fixed asap, i still have the prophecy :) Nice get on that amulet already man.
I just also wanted to say, i successfully Chance'd a Sadist Garb a few hours ago, but it turned into the crappy trap armor instead </3 F in chat
"
Moset wrote:
I just also wanted to say, i successfully Chance'd a Sadist Garb a few hours ago, but it turned into the crappy trap armor instead </3 F in chat

Oof, that's still around 30c but I feel your pain !
So far so good. Blasting through Silver Coins looking for the good stuff (council), and of course am in line like everyone else to get the Inpulsa's Garb.

Gloves and boots are obvious upgrades but the QoL on both (cast speed + enchant) is nice enough for me not to be concerned yet as my res is all 80+%

How do you shock enemies? Only through Orb of storms / heralds?

cause Elemental Focus disables Tendrils / Arc shock and it even disables Shaper of Desolation
Last edited by Chimerka on Dec 10, 2018, 4:04:45 PM
Hello,

Thank you for this build.

Is it possible you could add stat weights to your build so we can know why pick certain stats over others ones etc?

Thank you again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info