[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

@Fox_of_Forest

Get another wand, you should find something really nice in the 20c range.

"
path23leech wrote:
@Fox_of_Forest

Get another wand, you should find something really nice in the 20c range.

... Yeah I'm working on it. I'm actually pretty broke right now because I bought some of this stuff (and am also buying stuff for another build I wanna try).
"
It took a while but I finally got the Mind of the Council. Even without it I was having fun with the build except I was very fragile (getting one-shot sometimes by certain unique bosses even in low tier maps; I'm level 76).

I already have much of the needed items for this build (I already had a cheap Inpulsa's Broken Heart from a previous trade, made it 5L myself through crafting), and now I'm just working on the other recommended items or rares to further improve it.

I just wanna thank you so much for this build guide because it's easy to copy even for a fairly new player like me. The budget options were a big help, and the build is easy to get going (CwC is useful even at low levels during the acts). Obviously right now this is my main character for farming stuff as it does maps so quickly that things are dying like 2 rooms away sometimes.

Again thanks for helping me enjoy Path of Exile more!

I'm glad you are having fun with the build :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701

Did anyone made more math about it ?
Tried also to use a spell totem casting stormburst/call/frostbomb instead of OoS, not even sure but think it help rise highter dps, planning to have the ability to switch with warp. If anyone have a feedback about:)
Thanks for the build :)
My char is Tonerre_Foudroyant if anyone is curious ^^ waiting 6l and choir of storm actually xD
[TANK] Guilde Fr. Vocal via TS.
DarkNevrdid : Marauder RF Tots lvl 88
NevrdidScion : Scion Spark Tots lvl 83
Last edited by nevrdid on Jun 27, 2018, 2:53:25 PM
Forgive me, but I don't understand how you can shock with Arc using Elemental Focus, especially when the extra shock effectiveness from Arc is factored in to achieve 50%. Is there something I'm not getting?
"
nevrdid wrote:
hey, running the build pretty well whith what i found in incursion :)

Did anyone made more math about it ?
Tried also to use a spell totem casting stormburst/call/frostbomb instead of OoS, not even sure but think it help rise highter dps, planning to have the ability to switch with warp. If anyone have a feedback about:)
Thanks for the build :)
My char is Tonerre_Foudroyant if anyone is curious ^^ waiting 6l and choir of storm actually xD

Esh's Mirror is really good with Elementalist when mapping :) Don't really recommend it for bossing though.
There is tons of ways to squeeze some more dps is there, spell totems, vaal auras, etc... but I feel like the dps is more than fine as it is. I mean why would you need more damage when you can already clear a %inc life T15 with a ~2L Orb of Storm ? :D

"
Moghedion wrote:
Forgive me, but I don't understand how you can shock with Arc using Elemental Focus, especially when the extra shock effectiveness from Arc is factored in to achieve 50%. Is there something I'm not getting?

The setup with Elemental Focus is only when facing end game bosses (T15+), Use Controlled Destruction instead when mapping. For bosses we rely on Orb of Storm for the Shock/Chill with the Unbound Ailments support gem to reach the max shock :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Could anyone give me some feed back on my character please, I'm feeling incredibly glassy and have failed the last 3 attempts against Itzaro :(

Have about 1.5ex in currency currently
"
dark_nebula wrote:
Could anyone give me some feed back on my character please, I'm feeling incredibly glassy and have failed the last 3 attempts against Itzaro :(

Have about 1.5ex in currency currently

First you need to un-reserve your mana, Clarity is useless, and don't use Wrath without an Essence Worm. Mana is one of the main source of defense on this build with Mind over Matter. You need AT LEAST 30% of the value of your life pool in unreserved mana, so about 1k mana unreserved in your case.
Just by doing that you gain ~1000 eHP and it should solve most our your defensive problem for now.

Drop the Mana flask and AT LEAST 1 Life flasks. Also change the Life flasks by one of your level, Eternal Life Flask for a high regen or Divine Life Flask for an instant one.
You can also use the Immortal Call CWDT version if you feel like you need it.
Get boots with at least 80hp.

On the offensive side, get a Diamond Flask. It's the best DPS flask. And in general try to get the same Flask setup as what I suggested in the guide !
Try to get an Abyssal jewel for your belt with flat Added Cold Damage to Spells on it so you will always Chill, Hypothermia will be more effective. And you can change you weakest jewel too, which is only a 2 damage properties.

Last edited by dark_nebula on Jul 24, 2018, 4:21:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info