[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

the build looks truely amazing.

I played pretty much the same concept in Abyss league and it was crazy fun and strong...however!

I played as Inquisitor with actually decent gear i would say. Vs shaper i managed o hit something like 600k dps if i swapped my tendrils cwc arc setup to a full tendrils setup.

No idea were the HUGE difference is coming from...i mean you do what? 2mil shaper dps? that is crazy!

my build had more crit / multi. very similar equipment (as far as i checked). my shocks are minimal vs bosses at most of course, the singularity sceptre actually VERY strong (it would take some exalts to get a better weapon).

the only thing that speaks for my variant is the much better survivability with ~8k effective life and better block + good slow.

pastebin to my build

is there any way to improve other than going ele now?

"
Skilez wrote:
the build looks truely amazing.

I played pretty much the same concept in Abyss league and it was crazy fun and strong...however!

I played as Inquisitor with actually decent gear i would say. Vs shaper i managed o hit something like 600k dps if i swapped my tendrils cwc arc setup to a full tendrils setup.

No idea were the HUGE difference is coming from...i mean you do what? 2mil shaper dps? that is crazy!

my build had more crit / multi. very similar equipment (as far as i checked). my shocks are minimal vs bosses at most of course, the singularity sceptre actually VERY strong (it would take some exalts to get a better weapon).

the only thing that speaks for my variant is the much better survivability with ~8k effective life and better block + good slow.

pastebin to my build

is there any way to improve other than going ele now?

The huge difference in dmg comes from the shock. It's a 50% more in our build. The best more% you can have on the tree is Berserker with only 40% more damage and you get a 10% more damage taken in penalty. Shock is insanely good on bosses and Elementalist is the only viable way to get it.
But after all, it just depend on what you want in terms of playstyle. If you don't mind spending a bit more time fighting Shaper so you can tank his attacks more comfortably your build is a better choice. Personally I would always chose Elementalist as I am a filthy SC player and don't really care about XP past level 91 :D

I don't really know how to improve your build as I never played Inquis but I can give it a shot.
Maybe swap Temporal Chains for Warlord's Mark so you can use a better shield that will actually provide dps, a rare one with lightning/spell damage and any mod you want (block/life/res/...) or maybe a unique :
- Esh's Mirror
- Rathpith Globe
- The Unshattered Will
I think an Essence Worm with Wrath would be better than Gift from Above as you already have enough crit, you lose some block chance but you can get it back with a CwDT+Tempest Shield. And I would drop Artic Armour for Herald of Thunder, I really don't like AA I think the bonuses are way too low for the mana reserved.

[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
It's super cheap and really helpful until you can afford the 2ex ring.
Is increase area of effect so good in this build?
"
path23leech wrote:
Any news on the Uber Elder? For the budget build I've used:
It's super cheap and really helpful until you can afford the 2ex ring.

Forgot about that belt, it's a good alternative early on yes.
Uber Elder seems a bit too hard at the moment, may be possible by changing the tree a bit and dropping some dmg for more HP. I can't try on STD because I didn't unlock him in Bestiary.

"
polymortis wrote:

Is increase area of effect so good in this build?

The question confuse me, but if you want to know if the AoE is good on this build check the videos ! If you talk about the support gem, it's good for the clear as it will increase LT size and give you a bit more coverage for clearing, but if you don't like it it's really not mandatory.

Also I just added a video of a T15 run using only Orb of Storm for the clear to demonstrate the mapping power of the build :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdKbD-2IT7M
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Last edited by Swiks on Jun 19, 2018, 7:07:38 AM
Hello Swiks! - I've been building an Arc Elementalist. It's my 3rd character in Incursion after abandoning a CWC Lightning Tendrils / Ball Lightning Inquisitor. And after that I built a melee Reave Elementalist that I also swapped away from and have now landed on my Arc Elementalist.

I've come across your post and build as I've been searching for some Single Target DPS options for the already strong clearing ability from Arc by itself.

While the build differs in terms of Stat Priority by not focusing much on Crit, and getting some more Survivability passives. I also do not use the Triple Herald setup, opting for Paragon of Calamity and Liege of the Primordial.

Certain Differences aside,I wanted to see if you had some insight on how to utilize the following for single target on a 5-link or Possible Optional 6-Link Shaped/Elder Gloves Setup:

I was thinking in a Gloves Setup:
- CWC -> Lightning Tendrils -> Ball Lightning - Lightning Penetration
- Socketed Gems are Supported by Level "X" Slower Projectiles
- Socketed Gems are Supported by Level "X" Blind

Being that my current Character has opted out of most Spell Crit Nodes, and is missing Lightning Penetration from Mastermind of Discord. I feel like Lightning Penetration might help on the Bosses.

There's a lot of Mods that can go on the gloves, but Blind might help with having to get up close and personal and while standing still on the Boss. Another Alternative might be "Faster Casting"?

I've been theory crafting the above as it's some of the resources I've got available without having to make any purchases. I could probably spend some currency for the right setup, but do you think it'd be a viable setup for decent Single Target DPS?

Thanks in Advance. Fantastic guide by the way! - If you're looking for a Character profile check "Darc_" from Incursion League if it helps.

Last edited by Denzik on Jun 20, 2018, 4:19:34 PM
Can you do a video on The Cursed King? It's almost impossible for me to kill it.
Last edited by path23leech on Jun 21, 2018, 9:31:33 AM
"
Denzik wrote:
Hello Swiks! - I've been building an Arc Elementalist. It's my 3rd character in Incursion after abandoning a CWC Lightning Tendrils / Ball Lightning Inquisitor. And after that I built a melee Reave Elementalist that I also swapped away from and have now landed on my Arc Elementalist.

I've come across your post and build as I've been searching for some Single Target DPS options for the already strong clearing ability from Arc by itself.

While the build differs in terms of Stat Priority by not focusing much on Crit, and getting some more Survivability passives. I also do not use the Triple Herald setup, opting for Paragon of Calamity and Liege of the Primordial.

Certain Differences aside,I wanted to see if you had some insight on how to utilize the following for single target on a 5-link or Possible Optional 6-Link Shaped/Elder Gloves Setup:

I was thinking in a Gloves Setup:
- CWC -> Lightning Tendrils -> Ball Lightning - Lightning Penetration
- Socketed Gems are Supported by Level "X" Slower Projectiles
- Socketed Gems are Supported by Level "X" Blind

Being that my current Character has opted out of most Spell Crit Nodes, and is missing Lightning Penetration from Mastermind of Discord. I feel like Lightning Penetration might help on the Bosses.

There's a lot of Mods that can go on the gloves, but Blind might help with having to get up close and personal and while standing still on the Boss. Another Alternative might be "Faster Casting"?

I've been theory crafting the above as it's some of the resources I've got available without having to make any purchases. I could probably spend some currency for the right setup, but do you think it'd be a viable setup for decent Single Target DPS?

Thanks in Advance. Fantastic guide by the way! - If you're looking for a Character profile check "Darc_" from Incursion League if it helps.

Hey :)

I'm not really a fan of non-crit builds but it's clearly a way better option defensively.
I think the reworked Ball Lightning is great for single target if you can have a bit of reduced proj speed. You may lack damage for the hardest encounters (the Ubers) but it will still be enough for most of the game imo.
Lightning pen is what you want to stack in priority since the bosses have more resistances than other ennemies, a Wise Oak flask will help a lot, maybe a Watcher's Eye with lightning pen while affected by Wrath but they are FotM so the price is a bit crazy.
The Blind Shaper mod is really useful I always recommend it :) Faster Casting is a bit unnecessary because you already took a lot of cast speed points in the tree.
Singularity is BiS for your weapon.

All in all it's looking pretty good, not as strong damage wise but still a solid choice.

"
path23leech wrote:
Can you do a video on The Cursed King? It's almost impossible for me to kill it.

Can't upload for a couple of days but will do ! And I will update the Shaper run too :)
I took some time to load up some stuff with my build and gear into Path of Building. While I recognize that I'm working with a 5-link in gloves, I had some difficulty trying to compare raw "Arc Spam" numbers versus "CWC-> Lightning Tendrils -> Ball Lightning Spam".

On "paper" it was a little confusing trying to compare / add numbers up since I couldn't necessarily tell whether or not the Ball Lightning Damage was factored into the calculation with the Lightning Tendrils.

I'll have to do some more analysis on it, but it might be so close that it's not necessarily much of a DPS increase.

From what I've also read is that Cast While Channeling does not necessarily benefit much from "Increase Cast Speed". Of which my build has currently has a large quantity of. I'll have to report back but it feels like it does solid damage on T8 Map Incursion Architects... But will take some more research.
It took a while but I finally got the Mind of the Council. Even without it I was having fun with the build except I was very fragile (getting one-shot sometimes by certain unique bosses even in low tier maps; I'm level 76).

I already have much of the needed items for this build (I already had a cheap Inpulsa's Broken Heart from a previous trade, made it 5L myself through crafting), and now I'm just working on the other recommended items or rares to further improve it.

I just wanna thank you so much for this build guide because it's easy to copy even for a fairly new player like me. The budget options were a big help, and the build is easy to get going (CwC is useful even at low levels during the acts). Obviously right now this is my main character for farming stuff as it does maps so quickly that things are dying like 2 rooms away sometimes.

Again thanks for helping me enjoy Path of Exile more!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info